Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645720 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1845 on: March 24, 2017, 06:15:59 AM »
I'll give Trump credit, from a political standpoint it's a pretty shrewd move to tell the rest of the Republicans to either vote for his bill or the ACA will be left in place.  Of course it'll give him someone else to blame if it doesn't pass, but it puts the pressure back on House Republicans to have to face their conservative constituents after having not voted to repeal and replace the ACA like they promised.

I bet you'll have a few of those Freedom Caucus members crack and say yes at the last minute, but I don't think it will be enough to pass.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:17:34 AM by bojanglesman »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1846 on: March 24, 2017, 08:24:03 AM »
I'll give Trump credit, from a political standpoint it's a pretty shrewd move to tell the rest of the Republicans to either vote for his bill or the ACA will be left in place.  Of course it'll give him someone else to blame if it doesn't pass, but it puts the pressure back on House Republicans to have to face their conservative constituents after having not voted to repeal and replace the ACA like they promised.

I bet you'll have a few of those Freedom Caucus members crack and say yes at the last minute, but I don't think it will be enough to pass.

Feel free to take this with a grain of salt because admittedly if I had my way, we'd have President Paul right now, but even the lesser known members of the Freedom Caucus, the Lee's the Massie's...those guys are incredibly loyal to constituency and ideology. Point being, I bet they don't.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1847 on: March 24, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »
While I'm not interested in spending my time researching and refuting your points, I think it's pretty clear that very little said on this thread is "facts" and your extremely biased "moderate" gibberish is no different
A, my response was to Tommy.

B, if you want to speak for Tommy at least refute something.

C, you were still shitting yourself when the guy was president, if you were even alive.  Do not try me on 80s politics.  You will lose.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1848 on: March 24, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »
Feel free to take this with a grain of salt because admittedly if I had my way, we'd have President Paul right now, but even the lesser known members of the Freedom Caucus, the Lee's the Massie's...those guys are incredibly loyal to constituency and ideology. Point being, I bet they don't.
Do you mean Rand Paul?  I don't believe in his isolationist policies, because they would cripple our economy, but from a healthcare standpoint, he at least believes in a public option.  He doesn't call it that, because he's disingenuous, but it is what it is.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1849 on: March 24, 2017, 02:17:53 PM »
I think that's true, but historically anyone who tried to reform healthcare has gotten absolutely crushed for it. Obamacare is failing majorly, and being associated with it hurts the left. And unfortunately for the Republicans they can't just repeal it and do nothing, which is their preference
The ACA is having some trouble in a handful of states, but every independent think tank says its sustainable.

It needs some tweaks.  Lose the mandate and provide a public option would be a good start.

Ryans plan would ensure that red state republicans get voted out of office in 2018.  I have never seen this many old white men say no to a republican bill.  It really is fun the watch.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1850 on: March 24, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
The ORANGE LOSER lost BIGLY today

We are gonna do so much LOSING that you'll all say TOO MUCH LOSING for me

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1851 on: March 24, 2017, 02:53:05 PM »
The ORANGE LOSER lost BIGLY today

We are gonna do so much LOSING that you'll all say TOO MUCH LOSING for me

Serious question....do you call people names to their faces with the same hyperbole that you use here?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1852 on: March 24, 2017, 02:53:39 PM »
Serious question....do you call people names to their faces with the same hyperbole that you use here?

Serious question....Do you?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1853 on: March 24, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Serious question....Do you?

I don't go out in public anymore.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1854 on: March 24, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
Well, that abortion of a bill is dead.

Next up, Trump will try for tax reform.  I wish I could even pretend anymore.  It will be a cash grab for the ultra rich.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1855 on: March 25, 2017, 06:44:23 AM »
http://deadsp.in/716Ca0U

Turnabout is fair play.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1856 on: March 26, 2017, 07:55:08 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1857 on: March 27, 2017, 12:35:01 PM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1858 on: March 27, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »
http://deadsp.in/716Ca0U

Turnabout is fair play.

While I don't disagree that the GOP led Congress should've had a confirmation hearing, there is absolutely nothing that guarantees this right of confirmation. Which I think is lost in the whole debate. While the GOP probably figured that even a hearing opens up a shitstorm in terms of negative press, not having a hearing accomplished that anyway. So I never saw the upside. But this notion that somehow that seat belongs to Garland is a bunch of bullshit. Otherwise, tell Anthony Kennedy to get off his derriere and give back the last 30 years of judicial opinions to Robert Bork...and this is coming from someone who considers Kennedy to be an all-time great Supreme Court justice.

However, it's not turnabout because the Dems aren't utilizing a Congressional majority, rather they're pitching a fit just to pitch one. Sort of hilarious after all the talk of obstructionism I had to hear for eight years. What was it our former President said? Elections have consequences? Indeed. And had Garland actually been confirmed given his previous jurisprudence on issues like our second amendment, the GOP would've completely sold out its base. We're one judge away from a severe upheaval of the second amendment as we know it in this country.

Merrick Garland was never getting confirmed in a situation where there was a Republican majority, and I'm of the belief that he was nominated just to pick a fight. Had former President Obama been serious about picking a judicial moderate, Sri Srinivasan was sitting right there.

Given that they don't have said congressional majority, this filibuster serves absolutely no purpose. I'd say its damaging and that the GOP doesn't have recourse, but thanks to everyones favorite mongrel idiot Harry Reid, they do indeed have the nuclear option to override. Gorsuch isn't getting Bork'd because the numbers don't exist for them to do so. Nor should he. He's a solid enough nominee, despite certain facets of the media, the usual suspects trying to portray him as a fascist, or talk about his rulings like they have any idea as to what a justices role is supposed to be.

Love how now "Roe v. Wade is the law of the land" (I concur) isn't enough for the absolute frauds like Liz Warren to scream that someone is dangerously outside the mainstream. In a sea of excrement, she's a true island onto herself.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1859 on: March 27, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »
meep!

Tags: