Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644788 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1740 on: March 06, 2017, 09:36:31 PM »
damn, ben carson really described slaves as 'immigrants' on the bottom of those ships lol

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1741 on: March 06, 2017, 10:09:47 PM »
damn, ben carson really described slaves as 'immigrants' on the bottom of those ships lol

Technically he's not wrong. I guess "involuntary immigrant" might be the new branding.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1742 on: March 07, 2017, 04:55:58 AM »
Technically he's not wrong. I guess "involuntary immigrant" might be the new branding.
Technically, Schmectically

Africans torn from their homelands and enslaved did not "choose to emigrate to America to "find better lives for themselves, their children and grandchildren" as Trumpy's Dr. Dimwit stated

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1743 on: March 07, 2017, 06:35:08 AM »
We didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:40:05 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1744 on: March 07, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
Republican Healthcare Plan.  freak you and die unless you're rich.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1745 on: March 07, 2017, 11:10:10 AM »
Republican Healthcare Plan.  freak you and die unless you're rich.

Care to explain why you think that's the case?
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1746 on: March 07, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
That's basically the case for everything short of single payer.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1747 on: March 07, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
That's basically the case for everything short of single payer.

Yeah, this is mostly Obamacare. Altering the mandate without getting rid of the preexisting conditions clause means that premiums will likely rise for those who get their insurance this way - also means that younger people will just opt out at higher rates.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1748 on: March 07, 2017, 03:16:37 PM »
They are removing the subsidies.  They are doing nothing to bring down the cost of insurance, or putting anything in place to keep it from going up.  The tax breaks cover less than half the cost of any reasonable plan today.

Removing the mandate alone will cause costs to go through the roof.  If your coverage lapses for any reason, you are at the mercy of the insurance companies.  If you are lower or even middle income and cannot afford half your income, assuming you are healthy enough to work, to go towards health insurance, you die.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1749 on: March 08, 2017, 11:44:40 PM »

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1750 on: March 09, 2017, 02:48:03 AM »
Pretty much useless to waste time discussing the disaster known as Trumpcare.

The Orange Russian Puppet has managed to do the impossible. Unite Conservatines and Liberals in Congress in full throated opposition along with the vast majority of Americans not named Tommy.

DOA

Try again Donnie...maybe this time spend a few minutes on it in between multi million dollar golf weekends in Florida transferring tax dollars to Family business dollars.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1751 on: March 09, 2017, 09:53:09 AM »
They managed to push through a bill that eliminates the requirement that everyone have insurance. This will likely result in young people dropping coverage, resulting in exorbitant premiums for older people who need the care (who can now be charged quadruple, rather than triple, for premiums).

FTR, I was staunchly against the tax imposed by Obamacare for those who decline coverage when it was introduced, however, in hindsight it makes sense. By not requiring the healthy (young) to own coverage and pay premiums they won't collect on, it makes the entire system more expensive for those who can afford it less (older people--especially those with families).
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1752 on: March 09, 2017, 10:53:48 AM »
They managed to push through a bill that eliminates the requirement that everyone have insurance. This will likely result in young people dropping coverage, resulting in exorbitant premiums for older people who need the care (who can now be charged quadruple, rather than triple, for premiums).

FTR, I was staunchly against the tax imposed by Obamacare for those who decline coverage when it was introduced, however, in hindsight it makes sense. By not requiring the healthy (young) to own coverage and pay premiums they won't collect on, it makes the entire system more expensive for those who can afford it less (older people--especially those with families).

I've never had major medical expenses but I can bet someday I will. People my age mostly seem to be of the mind that they don't need it now so freak it. How they don't ever think about if we keep things the way they are now you will need to be a multimillionaire to deal with any somewhat serious illness in the future is beyond me.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1753 on: March 09, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »
I've never had major medical expenses but I can bet someday I will. People my age mostly seem to be of the mind that they don't need it now so freak it. How they don't ever think about if we keep things the way they are now you will need to be a multimillionaire to deal with any somewhat serious illness in the future is beyond me.
What blows my mind is they are culling their own herd.  The vast majority of people on social assistance (medicaid, food stamps, etc) and social security/medicare are either poor or old white people.  Predominantly republican supporters.  If they kill them off with Trumpcare, their party is finished.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1754 on: March 09, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »

I always took employer-offered healthcare, even when single--even when not cost-effective, but I was a rare breed. Most young people are focused on short-term pleasure spending or long-term saving for big items like homes. Future health issues, if you've never really been exposed to them, are meaningless.

We do a terrible job of educating the public about health. But let's privatize public schools!

What blows my mind is they are culling their own herd. The vast majority of people on social assistance (medicaid, food stamps, etc) and social security/medicare are either poor or old white people. Predominantly republican supporters. If they kill them off with Trumpcare, their party is finished.

I said it immediately after the election. While it's going to hurt all of us who aren't wealthy, I can't wait for Trump supporters who benefit most from the ACA (which many had no idea was the same thing as Obamacare) to lose their coverage.

But this won't hurt the Republican party one bit. The ignorant will remain ignorant (especially if they start manipulating the education system), and all they have to do is talk about the homosexuals or evil "Islamists" and their constituency will fall right back in line.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: