Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645305 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1695 on: February 21, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »
Hm. That sock puppet must be getting over with the American people though considering if an election were held today Trump would trounce such establishment hacks as Liawatha Liz. http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/elizabeth-warren-2020-poll-trump

I think we can throw polls out the window at this point.  The silly nickname side won when all the polls said otherwise.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1696 on: February 21, 2017, 03:32:57 PM »
I am not a democrat, I don't know too much about Warren, certainly not enough to vote for her at this point and neither does 99.9% of the voters answering that poll. I have voted Dem for President once in my life and frankly am embarrassed I made that choice, even if it was strictly out of protest.

I am not like you or Tommy, married to the total jackass in the White House strictly because of his party affiliation. I don't care if he was my own brother, if he acted like that, he wouldn't get my vote and I would tell him as such.

I look at solving issues based on the merits of the solution, not which party the solution emanated from.  However, this thread lives on  because no matter what he does or says or how much horseshit he can pull out of thin air, people , Tommy especially, will eat it up like it's an aged steak. I choose not to. Quite frankly, a lot of people I know who voted for Trump, are completely embarrassed right now, by his conduct, behavior and questionable decision making and/or a mix.

Edit: I think the poll is funny, why not use Nancy Pelosi as well. You can't use women that are closely associated with HRC. She was a legendary bad candidate, talk about a shitty poll. Warren is a proxy for HRC and Trump clearly beat her already. My opinion still stands people would vote for a sock puppet over Trump currently.

Except this isn't true Puck. I think the President is very open to criticism, it's just people in their criticisms are freaking retarded. I apologize if that is crude, there's literally no other way to say it. 

Example: Jeff Sessions as AG. Sessions is a freaking dinosaur, a man that thinks civil asset forfeiture is sound policy, and that the War on Drugs is effective. He got the job solely because he was the first establishment politician to bend the knee, even before Fatso Christie. These are all legit, and fair criticisms.

So of course, Democrats ignore all of that, drudge up discredited testimony from 1986 and scream racism.

Glenn Greenwald is an example of an "establishment" media personality that I follow and enjoy. Highly critical of Trump. But making the correct criticisms.

As far as Trump losing to a sock puppet, fair enough. Good thing for him then, that a sock puppet is way more competent then the supposed picks coming out of the left for 2020 including the previously mentioned Fauxahontas, and Cory Booker.

Tulsi Gabbard is someone who I disagree with a lot in terms of economic and social policy. She's also a political rockstar that IMHO especially with a centrist VP pick (Jim Webb for example) would decimate Trump in a general election. I don't think it'd even be close. So of course, as punishment for being a principled politician and speaking out during the whole fiasco where the DNC literally rigged their primaries at the expense of Old Man Sanders, she's now seen as a turncoat and a traitor.

I look forward to bringing her name up four years from now when Democrats after running an establishment whore like Booker for no other reason then his skin color ( I voted for him for Senate on the basis that its impossible to establish a positive record in Newark and he should be afforded an opportunity in the Senate. He has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to reward my vote) have absolutely zero idea how Trump won re-election.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1697 on: February 21, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »
Except this isn't true Puck. I think the President is very open to criticism, it's just people in their criticisms are freaking retarded. I apologize if that is crude, there's literally no other way to say it. 

Example: Jeff Sessions as AG. Sessions is a freaking dinosaur, a man that thinks civil asset forfeiture is sound policy, and that the War on Drugs is effective. He got the job solely because he was the first establishment politician to bend the knee, even before Fatso Christie. These are all legit, and fair criticisms.

So of course, Democrats ignore all of that, drudge up discredited testimony from 1986 and scream racism.

Glenn Greenwald is an example of an "establishment" media personality that I follow and enjoy. Highly critical of Trump. But making the correct criticisms.

As far as Trump losing to a sock puppet, fair enough. Good thing for him then, that a sock puppet is way more competent then the supposed picks coming out of the left for 2020 including the previously mentioned Fauxahontas, and Cory Booker.

Tulsi Gabbard is someone who I disagree with a lot in terms of economic and social policy. She's also a political rockstar that IMHO especially with a centrist VP pick (Jim Webb for example) would decimate Trump in a general election. I don't think it'd even be close. So of course, as punishment for being a principled politician and speaking out during the whole fiasco where the DNC literally rigged their primaries at the expense of Old Man Sanders, she's now seen as a turncoat and a traitor.

I look forward to bringing her name up four years from now when Democrats after running an establishment whore like Booker for no other reason then his skin color ( I voted for him for Senate on the basis that its impossible to establish a positive record in Newark and he should be afforded an opportunity in the Senate. He has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to reward my vote) have absolutely zero idea how Trump won re-election.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1698 on: February 21, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »

Sessions was a racist freak 30 years ago.  I think people can change in 30 years.  I agree that was silly to go after.

Saying people's names like you have Trump's dick jammed in your mouth doesn't help your argument.  Just saying.  Warren isn't going to run anyway.  She will have crazy power in the senate in 2-4 years.

Booker could be a solid VP pick, but I don't think he has the charisma and/or progressive backing for the top spot.

The democratic primaries were not rigged.  I was for Sanders but cringed every time he said it.  The emails proved nothing.  The DNC may have been pulling for Hillary, which is messed up in general, but it didn't change the outcome.

A Newsom/Booker ticket would crush in 2020.  I'm just not sure if Newsom wants to take the leap that soon.  He will be handed the governor reigns of California in the near future.  Not sure who the alternative would be, but it won't be Booker or Warren.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1699 on: February 21, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »

I can't see him winning re-election at this point and my comment on sock puppet, was obviously just a joke, as the democrats would never make such an informed choice, not in a million years.

freak it, since we are admitting voting mistakes, I voted Obama the first go around strictly because McCain picked Palin. I couldn't believe and frankly still can't, out of the myriad of people to be VP, she was his top choice. The second she opened her mouth I was like, WTF?

I was 100% voting for McCain. Now mind you, I know VP has nothing to do with running the day to day of the country. However, nothing can convince me a person that made that poor of a choice for VP, would be a good President. Anyway, if I could take back that moment in the voting box, I would probably write in Alfred E. Neuman.

Put it this way, the Presidents since Reagan are getting worse and worse, almost in that direct order. Although, I would say Obama and Bush #2 were equally disastrous, with Georgey ahead by a nose or behind, as a tad worse.

To be honest, I am absolutely tired of the polarization of political thought. The majority of smart Americans is somewhere in the center. Yet we continually get excrement on by both parties like the middle class is some kind of toilet. I can't think of one candidate from either side that would be palatable right now. I really think we need another party or two, get term limits and start taking back our Country from the whores. That just won't happen.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:57:53 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1700 on: February 21, 2017, 04:12:01 PM »
I can't see him winning re-election at this point and my comment on sock puppet, was obviously just a joke,

You say that, but the poll referenced by mj2sexay actually stated that although Warren would lose, an as yet unnamed Democrat (your sock puppet) would win comfortably (taking 43% of polled voters as opposed to Trump taking 33%).

They just need to keep that freaking idiot Wasserman-Schulz and her band of crooks and cronies away from the process.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1701 on: February 21, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »
Polls 4 years before an election are about as useful as ESPN's Preseason Power Rankings.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1702 on: February 21, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »
Polls 4 years before an election are about as useful as ESPN's Preseason Power Rankings.

Or about as useful as polls 1 day before an election.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1703 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »
Or about as useful as polls 1 day before an election.

Ha. Fair point.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1704 on: February 21, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »
I thought Palin was kinda hot in a MILF way for about 4 seconds back in the day.  Before she, you know, spoke.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1705 on: February 21, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
I think we can throw polls out the window at this point.  The silly nickname side won when all the polls said otherwise.

This is very true. TIL: Gallup had Romney winning the national vote in 2012, and even I could've told you there was just no way that was ever going to happen. These things don't mean excrement.

You say that, but the poll referenced by mj2sexay actually stated that although Warren would lose, an as yet unnamed Democrat (your sock puppet) would win comfortably (taking 43% of polled voters as opposed to Trump taking 33%).

They just need to keep that freaking idiot Wasserman-Schulz and her band of crooks and cronies away from the process.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure who this leaves.

freak it, since we are admitting voting mistakes, I voted Obama the first go around strictly because McCain picked Palin. I couldn't believe and frankly still can't, out of the myriad of people to be VP, she was his top choice. The second she opened her mouth I was like, WTF?

I was 100% voting for McCain. Now mind you, I know VP has nothing to do with running the day to day of the country. However, nothing can convince me a person that made that poor of a choice for VP, would be a good President. Anyway, if I could take back that moment in the voting box, I would probably write in Alfred E. Neuman.

That was my first election in which I was eligible to vote. Considering I was also going to vote McCain and then decided to stay the hell home after hearing her speak. Just off anecdotal evidence, I'm really wishing someone performed a study to see if Palin was the most destructive VP choice to a mainstream ticket in recorded history. The best part is, it reeks of establishment GOP thinking, "HEY! They have a black guy! I guess we gotta counter with a woman on our ticket!" I was in a fraternity at Seton Hall at the time, we had an election mixer that night. Granted we were at a young age, but even among my friends that did vote McCain, I remember there no enthusiasm that night, even before it became a formality. 

I can't think of one candidate from either side that would be palatable right now. I really think we need another party or two, get term limits and start taking back our Country from the whores. That just won't happen.

I voted for Johnson in 2012. So to see him make a total derriere out of himself this election season, even in situations that weren't gotcha moments was pathetic. Sad actually. This was a great opportunity for a third party to make any sort of breakthrough, and yet neither Gary nor Jill came close to 5 percent of the vote.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1706 on: February 21, 2017, 11:09:49 PM »
There was a concerted effort by both big parties to smear the third party candidates. Stein and Johnson both ran in 2012 and went largely unnoticed. 2016 rolled around, Clinton and Trump were awful, so they had to knock the alternatives down a few pegs to make sure the average voter wouldn't stray.

Sure they had flaws but they were nothing out of the ordinary compared the rest of the field. Does anyone honestly believe Trump would have been able to handle a question about Aleppo that he wasn't specifically prepared for? Only difference is he would just say "There are a lot of bad things happening in Aleppo, believe me" instead of being honest about drawing a blank.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1707 on: February 22, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »
There was a concerted effort by both big parties to smear the third party candidates. Stein and Johnson both ran in 2012 and went largely unnoticed. 2016 rolled around, Clinton and Trump were awful, so they had to knock the alternatives down a few pegs to make sure the average voter wouldn't stray.

Sure they had flaws but they were nothing out of the ordinary compared the rest of the field. Does anyone honestly believe Trump would have been able to handle a question about Aleppo that he wasn't specifically prepared for? Only difference is he would just say "There are a lot of bad things happening in Aleppo, believe me" instead of being honest about drawing a blank.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1708 on: February 22, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »

Definitely a lot of truth to this, however the Gary Johnson I voted for in 2012 wouldn't have admonished Guy Benson for using the term "illegal" instead of "undocumented" It's a small and silly thing I know, but merely an example. There was a definite period where he abandoned some of his long-held positions to pick up the disaffected Bernie vote after the old man decided he couldn't fight the entire DNC even with his grassroots support. And Weld was a really misguided VP pick.

I followed the libertarian primary fairly closely, and I'm at a loss unfortunately to say who the best choice would've been. McAfee was out of his mind. Petersen it could be argued wasn't even a true libertarian, on top of being an unlikable dick.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1709 on: February 22, 2017, 09:56:31 AM »

Yeah I wasn't really that critical of Johnson for not knowing or remembering the name Aleppo. I'm sure he was well versed in the Syrian crisis, but the name Aleppo isn't exactly thrown around the news as much as other cities in past conflicts (i.e Mogadishu, Sarajevo, etc), so I don't fault him for not knowing it on the spot.
"Wrong!"

Tags: