Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645471 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1665 on: February 20, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »
Tommy's boy Milo Yiannopoulous:

Hm. I get it that piece of excrement Glenn Beck was behind this campaign, and this is sadly par for the course for people like him and Matt Walsh and the like, but its interesting now to see the left aiding in the smearing of a homosexual man as a pedo.

Which is to say nothing of how out of context this all is.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1666 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »
Hm. I get it that piece of excrement Glenn Beck was behind this campaign, and this is sadly par for the course for people like him and Matt Walsh and the like, but its interesting now to see the left aiding in the smearing of a homosexual man as a pedo.

Which is to say nothing of how out of context this all is.

I don't read Breitbart but it's funny how it gets labeled as a Neo-Nazi platform when the last few editors were Milo, a gay ethnically Greek Brit, and Ben Shapiro, an American Orthodox Jew.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:07:48 PM by Tommyanne »
"Wrong!"

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1667 on: February 20, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »
How about don't have sex with teenagers?

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1668 on: February 20, 2017, 05:49:10 PM »
Simon & Schuster didn't care about Yiannopolous' racism, sexism, or transphobia but suddenly now draw the line at defending pedophilia.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:50:58 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1669 on: February 20, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
So over 100 people lost their jobs for not bothering to go to work and instead participate in the "day without immigrants" protest. A lot of them are shocked that their employers would fire them for not showing up to work. The horror!
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1670 on: February 20, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
its interesting now to see the left aiding in the smearing of a homosexual man as a pedo.

Clearly those rabid lefties at the American Conservative Union, the pinkos at Simon and Schuster and the hardcore communists at Breitbart, all of whom have decided to put significant space between him and them, are guilty as you charge them, but I'd be interested to see other examples.

Even Milo himself doesn't seem to think it's those evil pinko lefties doing it:

There's a video going around that purports to show me saying anti-semitic things (nope) and advocating for pedophilia (big nope). The shocking thing? It's Republicans doing it. Sad to see establishment types collapse into the same tactics as social justice warriors: name calling, deceptively edited videos, confected moral outrage and public shaming.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:09:40 PM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1671 on: February 20, 2017, 09:07:54 PM »
Clearly those rabid lefties at the American Conservative Union, the pinkos at Simon and Schuster and the hardcore communists at Breitbart, all of whom have decided to put significant space between him and them, are guilty as you charge them, but I'd be interested to see other examples.

Even Milo himself doesn't seem to think it's those evil pinko lefties doing it:

It's like you willingly ignored the first part of my comment. I literally said who's behind it. That doesn't mean people on the left haven't completely jumped on the bandwagon out of a hatred for Milo.

This is an old trope, it's the type of homophobia that the right needs to run from and it makes me sick that somewhere fat freaking Glenn Beck is laughing his derriere off at this because he thinks his brand of conservatism still has any sort of future and he's neutralized a libertarian "threat" . NOBODY WANTED TED CRUZ AS PRESIDENT.

As far as what Andrew said, yeah of course, no one should ever freak kids, which makes the way he handles his abuse (humor) slightly understandable? It's a defense mechanism.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1672 on: February 21, 2017, 04:34:35 AM »
It's like you willingly ignored the first part of my comment. I literally said who's behind it. That doesn't mean people on the left haven't completely jumped on the bandwagon out of a hatred for Milo.

This is an old trope, it's the type of homophobia that the right needs to run from and it makes me sick that somewhere fat freaking Glenn Beck is laughing his derriere off at this because he thinks his brand of conservatism still has any sort of future and he's neutralized a libertarian "threat" . NOBODY WANTED TED CRUZ AS PRESIDENT.

As far as what Andrew said, yeah of course, no one should ever freak kids, which makes the way he handles his abuse (humor) slightly understandable? It's a defense mechanism.

Do you want to maybe throw George Soros in there? I'm suuure he's behind it somehow.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1673 on: February 21, 2017, 06:48:06 AM »
So over 100 people lost their jobs for not bothering to go to work and instead participate in the "day without immigrants" protest. A lot of them are shocked that their employers would fire them for not showing up to work. The horror!
Very unlike the situation where an employer is extremely happy and overjoyed when Trump BFF and #1 defender Tommyanne decides to not show up for work

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1674 on: February 21, 2017, 07:55:37 AM »
Very unlike the situation where an employer is extremely happy and overjoyed when Trump BFF and #1 defender Tommyanne decides to not show up for work
2/10 low effort

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1675 on: February 21, 2017, 07:56:14 AM »
Do you want to maybe throw George Soros in there? I'm suuure he's behind it somehow.

Probably need to work in HRC's pizza shop as well for the full bingo card.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1676 on: February 21, 2017, 08:04:07 AM »
Probably need to work in HRC's pizza shop as well for the full bingo card.
PAID PROTESTERS

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1677 on: February 21, 2017, 08:23:45 AM »

Glenn Beck and Soros have what to do with each other exactly?

I love this place. We've gone from willfully ignoring where I say, "hey I fully understand this was a publication that identifies with the right that started all of this and put the narrative out there" to dropping the name of essentially the closest thing we have on this world to a real life Bond villain (I'd argue even the creators of Quantum of Solace agree since they named the freaking villains company after Soros' wealth management fund). And rather then paint me as some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist (even though Soros does actually indirectly pay anarchist protesters), maybe I don't know...look to the source of who started the "Milo is a Pedo" nonsense and it'll take you right to TheBlaze. Which of course, was never even freaking taken seriously until yesterday.

Badg, even though we agree on next to nothing when it comes to politics, I always appreciate you approaching things from a cerebral perspective (yea, freak you SG you idiot), but this comment was literally retarded.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1678 on: February 21, 2017, 08:24:13 AM »
Simon & Schuster didn't care about Yiannopolous' racism, sexism, or transphobia but suddenly now draw the line at defending pedophilia.

Examples please.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1679 on: February 21, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
Glenn Beck and Soros have what to do with each other exactly?

I love this place. We've gone from willfully ignoring where I say, "hey I fully understand this was a publication that identifies with the right that started all of this and put the narrative out there" to dropping the name of essentially the closest thing we have on this world to a real life Bond villain (I'd argue even the creators of Quantum of Solace agree since they named the freaking villains company after Soros' wealth management fund). And rather then paint me as some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist (even though Soros does actually indirectly pay anarchist protesters), maybe I don't know...look to the source of who started the "Milo is a Pedo" nonsense and it'll take you right to TheBlaze. Which of course, was never even freaking taken seriously until yesterday.

Badg, even though we agree on next to nothing when it comes to politics, I always appreciate you approaching things from a cerebral perspective (yea, freak you SG you idiot), but this comment was literally retarded.
I'm gonna be nice and ignore the Soros conspiracy stuff and offer the measured response you deserve.

Why would you (or anyone) waste your time, energy, and credibility defending MY?

His entire shtick is based on two things: he says "non-PC" things to get a rise out of people (basically trolling) and being the token gay guy that the right can point to and say "It can't be homophobic/sexist/racist if Milo said it!"

I've been aware of him long before his recent rise to national prominence, and he was probably better off staying on the fringe of political commentary.

I agree that age of consent is a nuanced issue, I agree that we throw the word pedophile around too liberally, and I know he just made the priest comment for shock value. I'm not going to disavow Bill Maher or anyone else for having him on their show. But no way would I ever defend this guy.

Just let the left eat him so they can feel like they won something, and he can go back to the echo chamber he belongs in.

Tags: