Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644706 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1590 on: February 02, 2017, 11:23:24 AM »
Best political analyst name:  Dan Balz

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1591 on: February 02, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »
You SHOULD need ID even as a white man. What's to stop you from just registering a bunch of poor people and voting on their behalf?

I have never needed ID in my lifetime of voting.  I tell them my name, they find me in the big book, and I sign my name.  Crazy that they have a copy of my signature on file from when I was 20.  It looks completely different now, but they don't care.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1592 on: February 02, 2017, 11:26:09 AM »
No.  If you are in a poor neighborhood you will need ID.  Do you even compare your posts to check your hypocrisy?

Really? So states have different voting laws based on district? Silly  me, I thought communities register to vote with their STATE and not community board.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1593 on: February 02, 2017, 11:26:34 AM »

Dude needs to be a Democratic senator.

Dem Balz of New York has the floor.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1594 on: February 02, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
I have never needed ID in my lifetime of voting.  I tell them my name, they find me in the big book, and I sign my name.  Crazy that they have a copy of my signature on file from when I was 20.  It looks completely different now, but they don't care.

They SHOULD care. That's the same for me. My signature from when I was 18. I saw my parents and brother on there, too, so I could easily have gone back and voted for all of them.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1595 on: February 02, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
Really? So states have different voting laws based on district? Silly  me, I thought communities register to vote with their STATE and not community board.

Well...  You need ID in North Las Vegas.  You also get to wait on 2 hour lines.  North Las Vegas is ShiPa Town.  Figure it out.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1596 on: February 02, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »
They SHOULD care. That's the same for me. My signature from when I was 18. I saw my parents and brother on there, too, so I could easily have gone back and voted for all of them.

You understand that I am just asking for consistency, right?  I am all for some form of voter ID, if it is FREE, EASY and consistently applied.  The republicans also need to stop shutting down voting sites in inner city and university areas of red states.  Nobody should have to wait 2 hours to vote.  Nobody should have to travel dozens of miles to vote.

It will never happen though, because republicans would get annihilated in every popular vote nationwide.  Hence, voter suppression.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1597 on: February 02, 2017, 11:39:11 AM »
You understand that I am just asking for consistency, right?  I am all for some form of voter ID, if it is FREE, EASY and consistently applied.  The republicans also need to stop shutting down voting sites in inner city and university areas of red states.  Nobody should have to wait 2 hours to vote.  Nobody should have to travel dozens of miles to vote.

It will never happen though, because republicans would get annihilated in every popular vote nationwide.  Hence, voter suppression.

I vote in my hometwon (UES Manhattan), one of the richest zipcodes in America, and had to wait about an hour and a half to vote. Also, getting your ID isn't very difficult. Walk into the DMV with $40, proof of address and your birth certificate, and you're done.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1598 on: February 02, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
I vote in my hometwon (UES Manhattan), one of the richest zipcodes in America, and had to wait about an hour and a half to vote.

Fair enough point.  That is still beyond insane, but I guess it makes sense.  It would make more sense to have more polling stations, obviously.

Also, getting your ID isn't very difficult. Walk into the DMV with $40, proof of address and your birth certificate, and you're done.

Take the day off work.  Take the bus to the DMV with money you don't have because you took the day off work.  Pay for an ID with money you don't have because you took the day off work.  Then take the day off work.  Take the bus to the polling station with money you don't have because you took the day off work.  Be lucky to still have a job when you get back.  And by the way, no, it is not required that employers give you time off to vote.  In a 'right to work' state, they can just fire you for voting.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1599 on: February 02, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »
Fair enough point.  That is still beyond insane, but I guess it makes sense.  It would make more sense to have more polling stations, obviously.

Take the day off work.  Take the bus to the DMV with money you don't have because you took the day off work.  Pay for an ID with money you don't have because you took the day off work.  Then take the day off work.  Take the bus to the polling station with money you don't have because you took the day off work.  Be lucky to still have a job when you get back.  And by the way, no, it is not required that employers give you time off to vote.  In a 'right to work' state, they can just fire you for voting.

I agree that it should be easier to vote and obtain an ID. I remember it taking me months to get a new birth certificate before I could get my learner's permit back in H.S. It's both a state, local, and federal problem. I believe every state should have voter ID laws and every state should allow their employees to take time off to vote (or even make it a public holiday).

But why are you assuming that the only ones being affected by this are poor minorities? What about poor white people who live in rural areas? You're assuming that it's only difficult for some groups and not all.
"Wrong!"

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1600 on: February 02, 2017, 12:03:56 PM »

Dan Balz looks exactly how I expected him to look.

Glorious.

And Hillary Clinton lost the election because she's the least likeable candidate in the past 50 years. She's an insufferable robot who inspires nothing in the american populace. The Podesta emails were the cherry on top to prove that she needed all the help in the world to win, including her camp requesting the 24/7 media outlets to shift public opinion towards Trump and Cruz because she thought those were her easiest opponents. Not to mention the "polling" that was conducted were essentially the Dems own version of alternative facts, thanks to the media being in lockstep with her campaign.

To help these analogies you guys were using:

She's like Tom Brady, who also got caught cheating, but she actually lost. Unlike that queynte's queynte of all cunts.

Voter Fraud is overrated, and is a dog whistle issue.

Hopefully these 4 years cleanse the extreme ideals on both sides and people start compromising and agreeing with one another. This sports team nonsense with politics needs to end. Faggots. All of us.

I hope Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders puff out a baby girl that fucks Barron Trump when they're old enough and that kid - that kid is going to be the Messiah.

freak this noise.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1601 on: February 02, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »
I agree that it should be easier to vote and obtain an ID. I remember it taking me months to get a new birth certificate before I could get my learner's permit back in H.S. It's both a state, local, and federal problem. I believe every state should have voter ID laws and every state should allow their employees to take time off to vote (or even make it a public holiday).

On this I think we have common ground.

But why are you assuming that the only ones being affected by this are poor minorities? What about poor white people who live in rural areas? You're assuming that it's only difficult for some groups and not all.

They generally can just go to town and vote at the school or church, with no lines, and no ID required.  The more rural you are, the easier it is to vote.  This is intentional and not arguable.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1602 on: February 02, 2017, 12:43:36 PM »

Because the voter id laws aren't uniform

Mehta Source

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #1603 on: February 02, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
Quote from: NDMick
And Hillary Clinton lost the election because she's the least likeable candidate in the past 50 years.(...)

The Popular Vote argument is useless when we talk about who won and who lost, but it surely is valid in here: Trump's even LESS likeable than her.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1604 on: February 02, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »
In 2012, I waited in line over six hours to vote in a good neighborhood. If there's a will there's a way. I had to show ID.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: