Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644831 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1575 on: February 01, 2017, 09:44:48 PM »
Maybe so but what's the alternative?

An end to fptp as well as an end to the electoral college. National multi-day voting.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1576 on: February 01, 2017, 11:32:36 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1577 on: February 02, 2017, 07:15:50 AM »

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Protesters-storm-Milo-Yiannopoulos-event-at-UC-10901829.php

Columbia can invite Ahmadinejad to speak freely at their campus but a Greek-born British citizen with dissenting opinions can't speak without violent protests.

Okay.

FTFY
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1578 on: February 02, 2017, 07:20:11 AM »

FTFY

Thanks. Didn't realize I wore "American". I've seen some of his stuff and it's mostly anti-PC culture stuff, but you have to be on the far fringes of the left when you riot over a gay Jewish conservative. I know those idiots don't all represent the left, but they basically proved his message without having to say anything.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1579 on: February 02, 2017, 09:20:50 AM »
But she won the popular vote!

I'm sick of that argument. It's like a team losing 14-10, but led the game in time of possession, first downs, and total yards and their fans blaming the winning team.
Terrible analogy.  I think the tuck rule would describe this election better.

From gerrymandering to voter suppression, the republicans are the Patriots.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1580 on: February 02, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »
Terrible analogy.  I think the tuck rule would describe this election better.

From gerrymandering to voter suppression, the republicans are the Patriots.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

"Voter suppression."

The idea that minorities and the underprivileged are so retarded that they can't obtain an ID is freaking hilarious.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1581 on: February 02, 2017, 10:34:37 AM »
"Voter suppression."

The idea that minorities and the underprivileged are so retarded that they can't obtain an ID is freaking hilarious.

I just don't understand how people think that voter fraud isn't a thing, despite the fact that needing a freaking license is considered too much

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1582 on: February 02, 2017, 11:07:47 AM »
I just don't understand how people think that voter fraud isn't a thing, despite the fact that needing a freaking license is considered too much

It's insane. I could easily register my family and extended family and spend the entire day just voting for every single one of them.

Also, isn't it a bit insulting to minorities to suggest that they either don't know how, or don't have the time to obtain a driver's license or government issued ID?
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1583 on: February 02, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
"Voter suppression."

Take a day off work to PAY for an ID to participate in your RIGHT to vote.  Then, take another day off work to go wait in line for hours to vote, and PAY the bus fare to go 30 miles further than you did in the last election.

And if you are a student at a university in a red state, you are basically just fucked.

Yeah, voter suppression isn't a thing.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1584 on: February 02, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
It's insane. I could easily register my family and extended family and spend the entire day just voting for every single one of them.

Also, isn't it a bit insulting to minorities to suggest that they either don't know how, or don't have the time to obtain a driver's license or government issued ID?

Wow.  Let's parse this out...

Because you have money, you could register your entire extended family and vote on their behalf.  No problems there.  SMH

People that do not have money to burn cannot take days off work to participate in the process.  Just because they are not as fortunate as you doesn't change the fact that they have the right to vote.  You used to just have to go down the street, sign your name, and vote.  Oh wait, that's exactly what I do every November and it take 5 minutes.  No ID.  No lines.  No BS.  If this doesn't resonate, I have no freaking idea what the tell you.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1585 on: February 02, 2017, 11:17:50 AM »
Take a day off work to PAY for an ID to participate in your RIGHT to vote.  Then, take another day off work to go wait in line for hours to vote, and PAY the bus fare to go 30 miles further than you did in the last election.

And if you are a student at a university in a red state, you are basically just fucked.

Yeah, voter suppression isn't a thing.

How do you even get a job without proper identification? Also, employers are required to give each employee time off to vote. If they decide to use that time to go home early instead of voting then that's their problem (I've seen plenty of people do this).

How are students fucked? If you come from a red state you most likely have been driving since the age of 16 so it's reasonable to assume you have a license. And even if you don't have a car, you can vote by mail, or take a bus to whatever polling station is around you.

I honestly can't see how anyone can say that it is difficult to vote in this country.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1586 on: February 02, 2017, 11:19:59 AM »
Wow.  Let's parse this out...

Because you have money, you could register your entire extended family and vote on their behalf.  No problems there.  SMH

People that do not have money to burn cannot take days off work to participate in the process.  Just because they are not as fortunate as you doesn't change the fact that they have the right to vote.  You used to just have to go down the street, sign your name, and vote.  Oh wait, that's exactly what I do every November and it take 5 minutes.  No ID.  No lines.  No BS.  If this doesn't resonate, I have no freaking idea what the tell you.

I can take my iPad, go door to door in poor neighborhoods in California or wherever, and register people online. Then I can just hire some kids to pretend they're "so and so" to stand on line and vote. It's really not that difficult to commit voter fraud.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1587 on: February 02, 2017, 11:21:56 AM »
How do you even get a job without proper identification? Also, employers are required to give each employee time off to vote. If they decide to use that time to go home early instead of voting then that's their problem (I've seen plenty of people do this).

How are students fucked? If you come from a red state you most likely have been driving since the age of 16 so it's reasonable to assume you have a license. And even if you don't have a car, you can vote by mail, or take a bus to whatever polling station is around you.

I honestly can't see how anyone can say that it is difficult to vote in this country.

As a white male living in a nice area, I do not need an ID, I do not need to wait in line, etc.  It should be the same for any color person living in a shitty area.  There is a registry, you sign your name, you vote.  Done.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1588 on: February 02, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »
As a white male living in a nice area, I do not need an ID, I do not need to wait in line, etc.  It should be the same for any color person living in a shitty area.  There is a registry, you sign your name, you vote.  Done.

You SHOULD need ID even as a white man. What's to stop you from just registering a bunch of poor people and voting on their behalf?
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1589 on: February 02, 2017, 11:23:16 AM »
I can take my iPad, go door to door in poor neighborhoods in California or wherever, and register people online. Then I can just hire some kids to pretend they're "so and so" to stand on line and vote. It's really not that difficult to commit voter fraud.

No.  If you are in a poor neighborhood you will need ID.  Do you even compare your posts to check your hypocrisy?

Tags: