Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645078 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1305 on: August 18, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1306 on: August 18, 2016, 07:10:09 PM »
I don't have Tapatalk
I didn't read this either

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1307 on: August 18, 2016, 07:16:20 PM »
If Trump and Clinton are the "best"  politicians that Republicans and Democrats can come up with how the freak you think they're gonna do any better fixing healthcare?

Our government is flat out freaking incompetent and that's a fact. Is our current system good, no its freaking not. But having a ton of corrupt politicians  "fix"  it won't make it better.

How many states pension plans are on the cusp of going bankrupt? There's been all kinds of discussions about buyouts and excrement for teachers because the government can't pay for it. Social security isn't solvency and is also fucked. Our country's debt is completely out of control and there's no feasible solution to paying it off. Government programs to encourage poor people buying homes they can't afford almost caused the greatest depression the world has ever seen. We have completely failed to combat global warming. It literally took them freaking months and months to get the freaking WEBPAGE for Obamacare to work.

Our government is absolutely positively incompetent and terrible at everything they do. If you genuinely think they are capable of fixing healthcare you're seriously freaking stupid. That's not to say that there aren't things they can do to point us in the right direction, but to put them in charge of healthcare for everybody is a diasaster.

I don't think the right has any idea how to fix healthcare than the left, so I don't want you to think they know what to do. I'd rather the government just stay the freak out of our affairs and not freak excrement up further

POTW
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1308 on: August 19, 2016, 12:03:29 AM »
If Trump and Clinton are the "best"  politicians that Republicans and Democrats can come up with how the freak you think they're gonna do any better fixing healthcare?

Our government is flat out freaking incompetent and that's a fact. Is our current system good, no its freaking not. But having a ton of corrupt politicians  "fix"  it won't make it better.

How many states pension plans are on the cusp of going bankrupt? There's been all kinds of discussions about buyouts and excrement for teachers because the government can't pay for it. Social security isn't solvency and is also fucked. Our country's debt is completely out of control and there's no feasible solution to paying it off. Government programs to encourage poor people buying homes they can't afford almost caused the greatest depression the world has ever seen. We have completely failed to combat global warming. It literally took them freaking months and months to get the freaking WEBPAGE for Obamacare to work.

Our government is absolutely positively incompetent and terrible at everything they do. If you genuinely think they are capable of fixing healthcare you're seriously freaking stupid. That's not to say that there aren't things they can do to point us in the right direction, but to put them in charge of healthcare for everybody is a diasaster.

I don't think the right has any idea how to fix healthcare than the left, so I don't want you to think they know what to do. I'd rather the government just stay the freak out of our affairs and not freak excrement up further

This is the best post of yours I have not read DCM, keep up the good work!
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1310 on: August 19, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »

So the $400 million to Iran was leverage but not ransom?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/money-paid-to-iran-was-leverage-not-ransom-state-department-says/2016/08/18/4c1040b7-8ea0-40bd-b7cd-8629dc16c036_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Yeah, as I now understand it was a payment that we make anyway, but we intentionally delayed it until our guys were freed. I don't have a problem with that.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1311 on: August 19, 2016, 11:05:43 AM »
Yeah, as I now understand it was a payment that we make anyway, but we intentionally delayed it until our guys were freed. I don't have a problem with that.

I don't either.  I think it's just semantics that will be twisted to pieces politically.  Iran sure seems to be taking advantage of calling it a ransom.  There was probably a better way to have handled this in the press, but I wouldn't have any clue how.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1312 on: August 19, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »
I don't either.  I think it's just semantics that will be twisted to pieces politically.  Iran sure seems to be taking advantage of calling it a ransom.  There was probably a better way to have handled this in the press, but I wouldn't have any clue how.

Obama not looking like a care bear hoo-ha probably would have been a good place to start.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1313 on: August 20, 2016, 04:33:05 PM »
To be fair, Aetna is freaking horrible.

Source: my life

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1314 on: August 20, 2016, 05:07:27 PM »

"Regardless of the fact that a trained professional felt it necessary and appropriate to deliver this medical care as a result of their personal and direct engagement with the patient, our underwriter sitting in an office several states away has taken five minutes to consider the claim and determine that this was an incorrect decision and therefore we will not be paying for it."
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1315 on: August 20, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »
"Regardless of the fact that a trained professional felt it necessary and appropriate to deliver this medical care as a result of their personal and direct engagement with the patient, our underwriter sitting in an office several states away has taken five minutes to consider the claim and determine that this was an incorrect decision and therefore we will not be paying for it."

Exactly. Our doctor told us to go to the hospital. The doctor at the hospital decided to admit us. Was I supposed to freaking argue with them?

"I know my pregnant wife is in incredible pain but it's probably nothing, we're gonna head home now."

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1316 on: August 20, 2016, 07:16:27 PM »
Wow that is fucked up. We luckily didn't have the insurance company do anything like that to us when we had some issues during pregnancy. The fact that some poopchute can overrule a Dr's decision after the fact is disgraceful.

But hey at least you didn't have to deal with the incompetent government!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1317 on: August 20, 2016, 07:30:07 PM »
Exactly. Our doctor told us to go to the hospital. The doctor at the hospital decided to admit us. Was I supposed to freaking argue with them?

"I know my pregnant wife is in incredible pain but it's probably nothing, we're gonna head home now."
Is there an appeals process?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1318 on: August 20, 2016, 08:46:46 PM »

Yeah, this was them denying the appeal. Seems like there's another level we can take it to.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1319 on: August 20, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »

That was an appeal I think

Our system is absolutely fucked up..

But having a government option  doesn't mean he wouldn't have the issue. The government would have to do the exact same excrement to contain costs. The system absolutely needs  to be better and much more transparent. Instead it's a confusing cluster freak and diasaster. If you think any of that would go away with the government running the show you're not very bright.

The only thing that would change (as far as insurance)  is less people would be without coverage.

I'm not gonna speculate on its impact on healthcare itself

Tags: