Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645052 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1290 on: August 17, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »
Jumbo is right. It's time to move to a true single payer system.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1291 on: August 17, 2016, 06:00:45 PM »

Medicare and Medicaid are the only public healthcare in the USA

Obamacare is just hardcore regulations

The fact that they have to increasingly punish people to participate   and how much money these companies lose goes to show the truth about the exchanges

Public healthcare as in the system that delivers healthcare to members of the public.

But if you're making the argument that the insurance companies should be told to freak off so that your country can move to a single payer system, then yes. You are correct. It is obscene that shareholders make profits from taking money off the public and then doing everything they can to avoid delivering the service when it's needed.

I don't think that's your point though.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1292 on: August 17, 2016, 06:02:30 PM »

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1293 on: August 17, 2016, 06:07:31 PM »
I have been paying for insurance I use once a year since I got a full time job (the thing people who support social programs supposedly have never had). I have already been paying for people who are sicker than me to get their care AND for a ton of people to make a profit off my insurance company. I would much rather just pay in to a social system while I am young and healthy and not worry about how I'm going to pay for stuff I need when I am older and less healthy. Makes too much sense for the DCM's of the world to support.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1294 on: August 18, 2016, 07:46:10 AM »
I have been paying for insurance I use once a year since I got a full time job (the thing people who support social programs supposedly have never had). I have already been paying for people who are sicker than me to get their care AND for a ton of people to make a profit off my insurance company. I would much rather just pay in to a social system while I am young and healthy and not worry about how I'm going to pay for stuff I need when I am older and less healthy. Makes too much sense for the DCM's of the world to support.

But where would the profit come from?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1295 on: August 18, 2016, 09:57:11 AM »
This should be the entire debate right here.  Debate over.  Well said.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1296 on: August 18, 2016, 02:42:50 PM »
Not into it unless it costs less
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:44:21 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1297 on: August 18, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »
Not into it unless it costs less

Less when? Next week or over the course of the rest of your life?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1298 on: August 18, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
You already pay for poor people and old people to have insurance.  I can't imagine most of the people here would see worse healthcare costs if their employers stopped having to buy group insurance.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1299 on: August 18, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »
If Trump and Clinton are the "best"  politicians that Republicans and Democrats can come up with how the freak you think they're gonna do any better fixing healthcare?

Our government is flat out freaking incompetent and that's a fact. Is our current system good, no its freaking not. But having a ton of corrupt politicians  "fix"  it won't make it better.

How many states pension plans are on the cusp of going bankrupt? There's been all kinds of discussions about buyouts and excrement for teachers because the government can't pay for it. Social security isn't solvency and is also fucked. Our country's debt is completely out of control and there's no feasible solution to paying it off. Government programs to encourage poor people buying homes they can't afford almost caused the greatest depression the world has ever seen. We have completely failed to combat global warming. It literally took them freaking months and months to get the freaking WEBPAGE for Obamacare to work.

Our government is absolutely positively incompetent and terrible at everything they do. If you genuinely think they are capable of fixing healthcare you're seriously freaking stupid. That's not to say that there aren't things they can do to point us in the right direction, but to put them in charge of healthcare for everybody is a diasaster.

I don't think the right has any idea how to fix healthcare than the left, so I don't want you to think they know what to do. I'd rather the government just stay the freak out of our affairs and not freak excrement up further

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1300 on: August 18, 2016, 06:38:40 PM »
If Trump and Clinton are the "best"  politicians that Republicans and Democrats can come up with how the freak you think they're gonna do any better fixing healthcare?

Our government is flat out freaking incompetent and that's a fact. Is our current system good, no its freaking not. But having a ton of corrupt politicians  "fix"  it won't make it better.

How many states pension plans are on the cusp of going bankrupt? There's been all kinds of discussions about buyouts and excrement for teachers because the government can't pay for it. Social security isn't solvency and is also fucked. Our country's debt is completely out of control and there's no feasible solution to paying it off. Government programs to encourage poor people buying homes they can't afford almost caused the greatest depression the world has ever seen. We have completely failed to combat global warming. It literally took them freaking months and months to get the freaking WEBPAGE for Obamacare to work.

Our government is absolutely positively incompetent and terrible at everything they do. If you genuinely think they are capable of fixing healthcare you're seriously freaking stupid. That's not to say that there aren't things they can do to point us in the right direction, but to put them in charge of healthcare for everybody is a diasaster.

I don't think the right has any idea how to fix healthcare than the left, so I don't want you to think they know what to do. I'd rather the government just stay the freak out of our affairs and not freak excrement up further
Tldr

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1301 on: August 18, 2016, 06:51:08 PM »
Tldr

The tl;dr for every dcm post is always the same:

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1302 on: August 18, 2016, 06:52:30 PM »

I'm quoting this for no reason.  I didn't read it.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1303 on: August 18, 2016, 06:55:05 PM »
DCM right now getting notifications: "Oh sweet, people are quoting my post...

Oh god damnit"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1304 on: August 18, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »
I don't have Tapatalk

Tags: