Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645262 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1260 on: August 09, 2016, 09:20:46 PM »
How about the cheese dust cartel?

we don't speak publicly about that

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1261 on: August 09, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »
Theyre only hypocrites if they base their campaign on millionaires and billionares being evil and ruling the world.

The others are just bad

Implying they don't rule the world?

Not gonna address the evil thing since nobody is seriously making that claim.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1262 on: August 09, 2016, 11:11:53 PM »

I don't hate Bernie, but you have to admit that some of his rhetoric was a little out there. He didn't call the rich evil, but he painted a picture of the U.S like it's pre-Revolutionary France.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1263 on: August 10, 2016, 05:38:39 AM »

He didn't say they were evil, but absolutely implied it

Essentially all of Americas problems can be traced back to greedy billionaires

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1264 on: August 10, 2016, 05:59:53 AM »

Essentially all of Americas problems can be traced back to greedy billionaires

See, now you're getting it.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1265 on: August 10, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »

See, now you're getting it.

Clas warfare doesn't solve problems.

Things can be better if people realize that a win win is possible

There's no reason you can't offer tax incentives thst will encourage growing businesses and creating new jobs (which benefits companies by giving them essentially more workers with better value)  and benefits workers by having more opprotunities.

Instead you got this stupid derriere class warfare where the left just attacks the rich.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1266 on: August 10, 2016, 08:37:50 AM »
Trump

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1267 on: August 10, 2016, 11:50:21 AM »
There's no reason you can't offer tax incentives thst will encourage growing businesses and creating new jobs (which benefits companies by giving them essentially more workers with better value)  and benefits workers by having more opprotunities.

Do you have any idea how large of a tax incentive the government would have to offer companies to stop outsourcing?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1268 on: August 10, 2016, 11:54:19 AM »
Do you have any idea how large of a tax incentive the government would have to offer companies to stop outsourcing?
Throw in a couple of those Sports Illustrated football phones and call it a deal.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1269 on: August 10, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »

What if the government asked them to stay reallllly nicely?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1270 on: August 10, 2016, 12:50:38 PM »

I understand that you're not gonna get shoe factories to open back up and sweat shops and excrement. But the more attractive you make jobs in America, the more jobs they will offer. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of straight forward economic concept and graft to support that  theory .

I'm not talking about tax breaks specifically for the rich or anything. But rather straight forward  incentives for companies. For example huge tax write offs for training a new employee, maybe even tax deductions for hiring new people as well. I'm not gonna pretend to know the answer but you can find a way to make everyone happy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:54:25 PM by dcm1602 »

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1271 on: August 10, 2016, 01:07:21 PM »
Yup, everyone  could be happy but as a country we just don't do that thing that would fix all problems. Enlightening analysis as usual.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1272 on: August 10, 2016, 01:23:35 PM »
I understand that you're not gonna get shoe factories to open back up and sweat shops and excrement. But the more attractive you make jobs in America, the more jobs they will offer. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of straight forward economic concept and graft to support that  theory .

I'm not talking about tax breaks specifically for the rich or anything. But rather straight forward  incentives for companies. For example huge tax write offs for training a new employee, maybe even tax deductions for hiring new people as well. I'm not gonna pretend to know the answer but you can find a way to make everyone happy

Here's the funny thing, those things already exist. It's called corporation tax, and if you take on a new employee or buy a new piece of machinery or open up a new offices all of those things are deductible against corporate tax. The bleating about how high corporate taxes kill employment is absolute horseshit, because high corporate taxes actually encourage greater employment. Low corporate tax discourages investment and encourages profiteering.

What would be interesting if it were achievable would be a tiered tax system that allows corporations to claim higher tiers of relief based upon demonstrable proportions of investment i.e. if you can show that your company invested in a certain amount of increased domestic employment, staff training etc, you can claim a discount off your corporate tax rate, thus rewarding your investment of a proportion of gross profit by allowing the company to keep a greater proportion of the net.

I should caveat this by saying that my knowledge of the finer nuances of corporate tax is far from comprehensive, and it may exist to some degree already.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:25:07 PM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1273 on: August 10, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »
As a country, we have to give up this dream of bringing manufacturing jobs back to the states. They're never coming back.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1274 on: August 10, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »
What they can do is repatriate US dollars.There's at least a trillion dollars offshore they can easily bring back to US soil. The last time they gave a grace period to repatriate offshore dollars, the U.S economy picked up like crazy, 2005 I believe.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: