Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645830 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1216 on: July 05, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
What a douche.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/07/05/484817551/illinois-man-is-arrested-after-burning-u-s-flag-wont-face-charges

I saw this earlier. I think that the idea of having a law against burning flags is slightly absurd, but then I also think that people who feel the need to do it in order to make some kind of statement are a bit pathetic.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1217 on: July 05, 2016, 09:52:18 PM »
Apparently there's a bipartisan bill working it's way through the circuit to force labeling of GMOs. There's already a bill that I (think?) was passed in Vermont.

Ridiculous this stupid excrement

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2016/07/05/proposed-gmo-law-goes-senate/86733416/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:57:19 PM by dcm1602 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1218 on: July 13, 2016, 01:29:44 PM »
Source — Democratic Rep. Corrine Brown of Florida suggested on Friday that, if agents investigating her had instead spent their time investigating the man who killed 49 people at an Orlando nightclub in June, the massacre could have been prevented.

“These are the same agents that was not able to do a thorough investigation of the agent, and we ended up with 50 people dead,” Brown said, referring to [the terrorist].

Brown made the comments after being indicted on charges that she and her chief of staff used a college scholarship fund as a “personal slush fund.”

Brown’s lawyer, Elizabeth White, made a similar remark following the indictment.

“Perhaps had it chosen to devote its resources more thoughtfully, 50 innocent people would be alive today,” White said of the government, according to a report from local outlet First Coast News.

On Sunday, Brown also raised eyebrows with a blog post wherein she appeared to compare her appearance in court to the shootings of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and five police officers in Dallas.

“Last week was very rough,” she wrote. “Two black men were needlessly gunned down by police; five Dallas police officers were slain by a demented man, and on Friday I had to appear in federal court.”
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1219 on: July 13, 2016, 01:40:25 PM »
freaking hell. What a clown.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1220 on: July 13, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »
I think we need to issue licenses to talk. Apparently it can't be done freely with any sense or decency at all.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1221 on: July 13, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »
I think we need to issue licenses to talk. Apparently it can't be done freely with any sense or decency at all.

This person was elected to talk. By her constituents.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1222 on: July 13, 2016, 05:44:50 PM »
This person was elected to talk. By her constituents.

Obviously we had to limit the size of both houses of Congress, but man, having one rep for 500k - 1 million people sure results in some apathetic voters electing shitty reps.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1223 on: July 13, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »
Obviously we had to limit the size of both houses of Congress, but man, having one rep for 500k - 1 million people sure results in some apathetic voters electing shitty reps.

Congratulations on explaining the careers of such people as Peter King and Sheila Jackson-Lee.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1224 on: August 02, 2016, 08:40:22 PM »
http://spectator.org/the-obama-administration-pays-ransom-to-iran/

The WSJ alleges that Obama essentially paid Iran the biggest ransom of all time

Now Trump is an absolute buffoon and worlds greatest used carsalesman. But excrement like this from Obama (whether its true or just looks really bad) gives people like Trump so much power.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:41:58 PM by dcm1602 »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1225 on: August 02, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »
http://spectator.org/the-obama-administration-pays-ransom-to-iran/

The WSJ alleges that Obama essentially paid Iran the biggest ransom of all time

Now Trump is an absolute buffoon and worlds greatest used carsalesman. But excrement like this from Obama (whether its true or just looks really bad) gives people like Trump so much power.

Why not just link to the WSJ article?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1226 on: August 02, 2016, 09:15:04 PM »
Why not just link to the WSJ article?

Because you need to have an account to read past the first paragraph

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1227 on: August 02, 2016, 09:30:36 PM »
Because you need to have an account to read past the first paragraph

When you click on shared links on social media you can get hit with the paywall more easily. If you just look up the article and go to it directly it should be fine. Worked for me.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-sent-cash-to-iran-as-americans-were-freed-1470181874

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1228 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is the proud new owner of a summer home in the Champlain Islands, Seven Days has confirmed.

The Burlington resident last week plopped down nearly $600,000 on a lakefront camp in North Hero.

Sanders’ new crib has four bedrooms and 500 feet of Lake Champlain beachfront on the east side of the island — facing Vermont, not New York. The Bern will keep his home in Burlington and use the new camp seasonally.

1%er

http://m.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2016/08/08/bernie-sanders-buys-a-summer-home-in-north-hero
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Tags: