Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646081 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1080 on: February 14, 2016, 07:24:26 PM »

I think it would be awesome if the republicans get their way, delay the new justice until the next president, and Hillary nominates Obama.

BOOM Headshot.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1081 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:20 PM »
Elliot Spitzer has been accused of assaulting a woman at the Plaza Hotel. No charges have been filed and his spokesperson denies everything. Scandal!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1082 on: February 14, 2016, 09:37:03 PM »
I think it would be awesome if the republicans get their way, delay the new justice until the next president, and Hillary nominates Obama.

BOOM Headshot.

I think a Hillary nominee would actually be better than what we would get with Obama. At least she would have to think about reelection, not to mention I think shes more "normal" in views than him.

Only god knows wtf Bernie Sanders would do though.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1083 on: February 15, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »

Lolololol. Fen you never cease to blatantly display your far left fanaticism.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1084 on: February 15, 2016, 04:08:40 PM »
Lolololol. Fen you never cease to blatantly display your far left fanaticism.

Mush less far left fanaticism, then taking a jab at the republicans that swear they will block any nomination from Obama.  You need to be careful what you wish for.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1085 on: February 15, 2016, 05:30:59 PM »

Mush less far left fanaticism, then taking a jab at the republicans that swear they will block any nomination from Obama.  You need to be careful what you wish for.

You praying for a liberal judge is just as bad as the republicans wanting a conservative one. Judges aren't supposed to be partial to one party. It's disgusting how it's become, and you're just another sheep that marches to the beat of Democratic talking points.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1086 on: February 15, 2016, 06:42:14 PM »
You praying for a liberal judge is just as bad as the republicans wanting a conservative one. Judges aren't supposed to be partial to one party. It's disgusting how it's become, and you're just another sheep that marches to the beat of Democratic talking points.

But they always have been, and its a shame.

Careful who you call sheep Tommy.  I would like to see a moderate judge that is beholden to neither party.  I would also like $50 million.  Better chance of the latter happening.

That being the case, yes, I would prefer a liberal leaning judge, if my other choice is another judge that legislates from the bench based on the bible, rather than the constitution.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1087 on: February 15, 2016, 07:04:11 PM »
But they always have been, and its a shame.

Careful who you call sheep Tommy.  I would like to see a moderate judge that is beholden to neither party.  I would also like $50 million.  Better chance of the latter happening.

That being the case, yes, I would prefer a liberal leaning judge, if my other choice is another judge that legislates from the bench based on the bible, rather than the constitution.

Do you really need to say "liberal leaning"

Because I think we all know youd want them to do more than lean

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1088 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:52 PM »

Of course, but let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country, to make America more like the rest of the world. When I'm president of the United States, we are going to re-embrace all the things that made America the greatest nation in the world and we are going to leave our children with what they deserve: the single greatest nation in the history of the world.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1089 on: February 15, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »
There's one thing I like more liberal than conservative and that's judges. I am sorry but some of the judges the Republicans put forward are just a hair's breath away from fascism.

I wasn't happy Scalia died but I am not sad he needs to be replaced and maybe replaced by more of a centrist because phuck that guys decisions. Too bad they can't replace Thomas, he was never fit to be a judge in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:28:19 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1090 on: February 15, 2016, 09:28:53 PM »
I think a Hillary nominee would actually be better than what we would get with Obama. At least she would have to think about reelection, not to mention I think shes more "normal" in views than him.

Only god knows wtf Bernie Sanders would do though.

Appoint Karl Marx to the bench!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1091 on: February 15, 2016, 09:43:21 PM »
Of course, but let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country, to make America more like the rest of the world. When I'm president of the United States, we are going to re-embrace all the things that made America the greatest nation in the world and we are going to leave our children with what they deserve: the single greatest nation in the history of the world.

My friends on the east coast, look to the skies and care for your families.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1092 on: February 16, 2016, 12:17:16 AM »
I agree with this 100% but sadly that's still not how it's supposed to work.  Until yesterday we could say that there were 4 democrats and 5 republicans sitting on the bench.  SCOTUS has been party based as long as I have been alive, but I don't believe that was how was intended to be.

The Supreme Court has had political leanings since John Marshall, however it's difficult to say that it's party based by political allegiance.  Given that the Constitution is essentially a living document, and given that we've progressed waaaay past the point of the early justices who already had to deal with the challenging process of interpreting that document, it's no surprise that judges end up politicizing their arguments.  Having said that, I don't believe in calling any of the justices Democrats and Republicans.  They may be conservative or liberal, activist or restrained, but calling them party based ignores the way they've pushed through party changes.  Plus, a justice like Kennedy is pretty damn middle of the road.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1093 on: February 16, 2016, 12:50:02 AM »
The Supreme Court has had political leanings since John Marshall, however it's difficult to say that it's party based by political allegiance.  Given that the Constitution is essentially a living document, and given that we've progressed waaaay past the point of the early justices who already had to deal with the challenging process of interpreting that document, it's no surprise that judges end up politicizing their arguments.  Having said that, I don't believe in calling any of the justices Democrats and Republicans.  They may be conservative or liberal, activist or restrained, but calling them party based ignores the way they've pushed through party changes.  Plus, a justice like Kennedy is pretty damn middle of the road.

If Obama nominates someone just I little tiny bit more liberal than Kennedy, and the Senate still sits on its hands, the republicans are in danger of losing the senate after only 2 years.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1094 on: February 16, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
I'm curious to know how SundayJack felt when news of Scalia broke. That guy seemed to be his hero.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: