Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645293 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1065 on: February 13, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »

1 down, 4 to go.  All 5 justices that single handedly created our current corrupt election landscape need to GTFO.

The dude hadn't even been buried yet and guys like you are acting as if we just took down ISIS.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1066 on: February 13, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »
The dude hadn't even been buried yet and guys like you are acting as if we just took down ISIS.

He made no secret of the fact that his decisions were driven heavily by his devout Catholic beliefs. freak Catholicism and freak Scalia.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1067 on: February 13, 2016, 08:49:58 PM »
ya, not gonna weep over him leaving the court.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1068 on: February 13, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »

He made no secret of the fact that his decisions were driven heavily by his devout Catholic beliefs. freak Catholicism and freak Scalia.

JO User: "freak Islam."
JE: "Racist. Islam isn't bad. You're ignorant."

JE: "freak Catholicism."
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1069 on: February 13, 2016, 09:14:21 PM »

It's the religion of peace.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1070 on: February 13, 2016, 09:20:28 PM »

It's the religion of peace.

Cue the "All organized religions are equally excrement." rant from JE.
"Wrong!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1071 on: February 13, 2016, 09:38:22 PM »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1072 on: February 14, 2016, 02:26:00 AM »

The politicking from both sides immediately after is freaking disgusting.  As soon as the news got out, you had people on the left celebrating and politicians on the right immediately pledging to hold up his replacement for a damn year.  It took 8 months to seat Kennedy, and that included the entirety of the Bork disaster and the bizarro Douglas Ginsburg business.  They're going to stall the entire process for a damn year?  We're going to have to wait at least 15 months to get a new justice?

Find a damn middle of the road justice and seat his derriere.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1073 on: February 14, 2016, 05:28:29 AM »

The moment you start demonizing Catholicism for the monstrous evils done by and on behalf of that religion the way you do Islam, you can have that argument.

And yes, you can have the all organized religions are cunts rant if you wish. They certainly have no place being used to form the basis of law, but it never caused that bigoted old piece of excrement a problem.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1074 on: February 14, 2016, 06:48:14 AM »

The politicking from both sides immediately after is freaking disgusting.  As soon as the news got out, you had people on the left celebrating and politicians on the right immediately pledging to hold up his replacement for a damn year.  It took 8 months to seat Kennedy, and that included the entirety of the Bork disaster and the bizarro Douglas Ginsburg business.  They're going to stall the entire process for a damn year?  We're going to have to wait at least 15 months to get a new justice?

I want to scream at me screen whenever I see that excrement. Justices are SUPPOSED TO BE IMPARTIAL. That's the whole Fuckn point of s justice. They're supposed to base their decisions on what the law states, not their own opinions. There's gotta be a better way to appoint judges.
"Wrong!"

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1075 on: February 14, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »
I want to scream at me screen whenever I see that excrement. Justices are SUPPOSED TO BE IMPARTIAL. That's the whole Fuckn point of s justice. They're supposed to base their decisions on what the law states, not their own opinions. There's gotta be a better way to appoint judges.

Citizens review board!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1076 on: February 14, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »

I get that you didn't want a Latina woman on the bench.  I get that you don't want judges to legislate from the bench.  I'm fine with the second part.

4 of the remaining judges decided, with no possible connection to the founding laws of our country, that the richest 0.01% could buy elections.  I'm sorry if you cannot see that.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1077 on: February 14, 2016, 01:55:08 PM »

I agree with this 100% but sadly that's still not how it's supposed to work.  Until yesterday we could say that there were 4 democrats and 5 republicans sitting on the bench.  SCOTUS has been party based as long as I have been alive, but I don't believe that was how was intended to be.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1079 on: February 14, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »
I think it would be awesome if the republicans get their way, delay the new justice until the next president, and Hillary nominates Obama.

BOOM Headshot.

Tags: