Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 648457 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1050 on: December 25, 2015, 12:44:00 AM »

I say Merry Christmas because freak anyone who doesn't take it as a positive greeting.  I don't think I've ever had a problem.

Hardly anyone does, but it annoys me that most companies decide that the risk of frivolous lawsuits isn't worth having their employees say Merry Christmas.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1051 on: December 25, 2015, 09:46:53 AM »
I say Merry Christmas because freak anyone who doesn't take it as a positive greeting.  I don't think I've ever had a problem.

The person that has a problem with it you don't want to be friends with anyway. It's like culling the herd.

I am not Christian in the slightest, as everyone knows, and I thoroughly enjoy when people say Merry Xmas, why? Because it's an awesome fun holiday.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1052 on: December 25, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »

Hardly anyone does, but it annoys me that most companies decide that the risk of frivolous lawsuits isn't worth having their employees say Merry Christmas.

I've never had an employee of any store not say Merry Christmas back, and I say it to everyone this time of year.  That includes a number of trips to Starbucks where there's an alleged war on Christmas.  Sorry you're a media sheep.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #1053 on: December 25, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
Straw man

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1054 on: January 02, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »
This story about the NSA wiretaps appears to have the possibility of being incredibly, brilliantly destructive on multiple levels.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1055 on: January 03, 2016, 12:00:08 AM »
At least the EPA is doing an incredible job

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/climate-change-expert-sentenced-32-months-fraud-says-lying-was-f2D11768995

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying to his bosses and saying he was a CIA spy working in Pakistan so he could avoid doing his real job.
Beale said he was ashamed of his lies about working for the CIA, a ruse that, according to court records, began in 2000 and continued until early this year.
Beale pled guilty in September to bilking the government out of nearly $1 million in salary and other benefits over a decade. He perpetrated his fraud largely by failing to show up at the EPA for months at a time, including one 18-month stretch starting in June 2011 when he did “absolutely no work,” as his lawyer acknowledged in a sentencing memo filed last week.

Until he retired in April after learning he was under federal investigation, Beale, an NYU grad with a masters from Princeton, was earning a salary and bonuses of $206,000 a year, making him the highest paid official at the EPA. He earned more money than the agency’s administrator, Gina McCarthy, according to agency documents.

So this guy is the freaking highest paid employee at the EPA, doesn't go to work for a YEAR AND A HALF because he told them he was a CIA spy, and they still pay him 200k+ /yr

A perfect symbol of everything wrong with the govt

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1056 on: January 05, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1057 on: January 27, 2016, 09:47:57 AM »
Can't say I didn't see this coming, but I was sort of hoping to Oregon thing would just go away.  The yokels that completely misunderstand the 2nd amendment are not going to be pleased.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/26/five-oregon-occupiers-arrested-one-person-killed-in-confrontation-with-police/?postshare=2021453874752426&tid=ss_fb

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1058 on: January 29, 2016, 07:08:03 AM »
The FBI released the video of the shooting. The guy froze like an ice cube when he finally got his chance to shoot the Feds like he had been dreaming about.

Jumps out with his hands up and then seems to realize that goes against everything he said he would do and then reaches in his pocket and gets blasted.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1059 on: January 29, 2016, 07:48:43 AM »
The FBI released the video of the shooting. The guy froze like an ice cube when he finally got his chance to shoot the Feds like he had been dreaming about.

Jumps out with his hands up and then seems to realize that goes against everything he said he would do and then reaches in his pocket and gets blasted.

It's OK, I'll do the work for you.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/28/us/oregon-wildlife-refuge-siege-arrests/

And I agree with your assessment - hard to claim anything other than a righteous kill when a member of a group who have made the threats they have reaches for a loaded firearm in front of law enforcement officers.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1060 on: February 13, 2016, 04:15:50 PM »
Scalia is dead

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1061 on: February 13, 2016, 04:18:32 PM »
RIP fellow Xavier HS alumnus.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1062 on: February 13, 2016, 04:30:54 PM »
Gonna have major consequences, especially with Obama in office.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1063 on: February 13, 2016, 04:54:29 PM »

Gonna have major consequences, especially with Obama in office.

I hate how justices are politicized. The whole point of a judge is that they're blind to who they're judging, and go by the book. That's why lady justice is blindfolded. This idea that we need "diversity" or "different views and backgrounds" is dumb. The position of justice should just go to whoever is most qualified. That's why I was against the Sotomayor pick.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1064 on: February 13, 2016, 07:52:23 PM »
1 down, 4 to go.  All 5 justices that single handedly created our current corrupt election landscape need to GTFO.

Tags: