Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644792 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #975 on: September 17, 2015, 11:31:13 PM »
Future QB of the Seahawks weighs in on clockgate

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-black-middle-schooler-slams-obamas-selective-outrage/

Clicked link.

Saw the header: Kyle Olson.

Closed link.

Not even remotely interested in what the darling of The Free Republic has to offer.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #976 on: September 18, 2015, 05:02:35 AM »
Clicked link.

Saw the header: Kyle Olson.

Closed link.

Not even remotely interested in what the darling of The Free Republic has to offer.
No idea who that is

It was about the video not NJ the article

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #977 on: September 20, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »
Best article I've seen about Ahmed Mohamed.  All the initial reports were that he took a clock apart and put it back together.  Suddenly, though, as the story spread he built the clock and was the future of engineering.  Some perspective and insight is a good thing.  I still can't figure out why he's going to the White House (although I can.  I just hate the stupid reasoning of social media demanding rapidity of thought and action).

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/2015/09/17/reverse-engineering-ahmed-mohameds-clock-and-ourselves/

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #978 on: September 25, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »
John Boehner is going to resign at the end of the month.  Wow.  We're just a few years removed from a series of elections in which the ability to garner bipartisan support was deemed a virtue to compete over.  Now, it's a weakness.  Trying to actually work together in Congress is a weakness.  freak.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/25/443406854/speaker-john-boehner-will-step-down-at-the-end-of-october?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150925

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #979 on: September 25, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »
John Boehner is going to resign at the end of the month.  Wow.  We're just a few years removed from a series of elections in which the ability to garner bipartisan support was deemed a virtue to compete over.  Now, it's a weakness.  Trying to actually work together in Congress is a weakness.  freak.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/25/443406854/speaker-john-boehner-will-step-down-at-the-end-of-october?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150925

The next leader better not be one of the Tea Party demagogues. I'd like my country to actually function.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #980 on: September 25, 2015, 11:11:10 AM »
The next leader better not be one of the Tea Party demagogues. I'd like my country to actually function.

LOL.

Too bad the last shutdown actually wasn't their fault, but hey keep thinking one senator from Texas has the ability to bring the entire government to a stand still.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #981 on: September 25, 2015, 11:19:43 AM »
I'm gonna be freaking pissed if we have a shutdown over Planned Parenthood.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #982 on: September 25, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »

I'm gonna be freaking pissed if we have a shutdown over Planned Parenthood.

Lame.  Planned Parenthood needs to be split.  How hard is it to fund an organization that provides all of the wonderful non-abortion services Planned Parenthood provides?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #983 on: September 25, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
I haven't heard one person defend Planned Parenthood by talking about their awesome abortion.  It's all about these necessary medical services for women.  Pretty sure the other side of the aisle has no problem funding an organization that provides only those.

Here's your compromise: you agree to fund contraception and you agree to not funnel funds to an organization that also provides abortions.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #984 on: September 25, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »
It's awesome that the next Speaker may be a rep from one of the shittiest districts in California, and one that probably has the highest per capita rate of illegal immigrants in the state.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #985 on: September 25, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
It's awesome that the next Speaker may be a rep from one of the shittiest districts in California, and one that probably has the highest per capita rate of illegal immigrants in the state.

I'm going to guess he's someone who is able to speak to a fellow congressman who are on the other team and make compromises and laws happen?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #986 on: September 30, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »
I can't wait to see all of the people on the left who were sucking the Pope's dick last week react to the Kim Davis meeting.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #987 on: September 30, 2015, 04:27:36 PM »
I can't wait to see all of the people on the left who were sucking the Pope's dick last week react to the Kim Davis meeting.
Does anyone think it actually happened?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #988 on: September 30, 2015, 09:11:12 PM »
Does anyone think it actually happened?

Well, the Vatican confirmed it, so I think people do believe it happened.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #989 on: September 30, 2015, 09:11:41 PM »
Something tells me Kevin McCarthy isn't going to be the next Speaker any more.

Tags: