Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645548 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #915 on: September 04, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »
I believe the stock response to that is something along the lines of "if the [faith] community won't speak out and do something about their problems, then they must all take the blame and responsibility for them".

And that's fair too--based on where it comes from.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #916 on: September 04, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »
I suppose it's irrelevent but before people go blaming the religious right, this freaking psycho is a registered Democrat.
But I agree with Alio, and to take it a step further it absolutely baffles me how the mainstream right can continue to prop up idiots like Davis and Cliven Bundy as some sort of heroes. So freaking dumb.

JE you realize you just pretty much made the textbook case FOR islamaphobia.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #917 on: September 04, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »
I suppose it's irrelevent but before people go blaming the religious right, this freaking psycho is a registered Democrat.
But I agree with Alio, and to take it a step further it absolutely baffles me how the mainstream right can continue to prop up idiots like Davis and Cliven Bundy as some sort of heroes. So freaking dumb.

JE you realize you just pretty much made the textbook case FOR islamaphobia.

Not sure how much attention you pay to the discussions on here, but I was aping the ridiculous argument usually made by Islamophobes and against which I always argue vociferously.

You may not be aware, but my Dad is an Anglican priest. I'm not religious, but I don't hold my Dad responsible for the fuckwitted things done by Christian zealots any more than I hold Mr Rafiq who lives two doors down and waters my plants when I'm away responsible for beheading journalists and blowing up public transit.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #918 on: September 04, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »
Not sure how much attention you pay to the discussions on here, but I was aping the ridiculous argument usually made by Islamophobes and against which I always argue vociferously.

You may not be aware, but my Dad is an Anglican priest. I'm not religious, but I don't hold my Dad responsible for the fuckwitted things done by Christian zealots any more than I hold Mr Rafiq who lives two doors down and waters my plants when I'm away responsible for beheading journalists and blowing up public transit.

The only thing I hold grudges against with Middle Easterners is body odor. 

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #919 on: September 04, 2015, 11:28:27 AM »
I actually expected more excrement like this to happen since the ruling. Since its been pretty much one crazed bitch, I'd say that's a good thing.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #920 on: September 04, 2015, 01:00:43 PM »

In the interest of full disclosure, I once was one of those who said Muslims in the Middle East had a responsibility to law enforcement and to the world to out those within their home towns who were operating terror cells.

That said, today the problem is far too large for that, and those same people are now fleeing for their lives so the argument is now ridiculous. I still don't think I was wrong back then that average people should have stepped in. It may have helped prevent what we have today. I'll freely admit that may be too naive though. Obviously I don't live there and can't say what was or was not reasonable action.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #921 on: September 04, 2015, 02:30:42 PM »
I wasn't aiming it at anyone in particular.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #922 on: September 04, 2015, 03:01:24 PM »
I wasn't aiming it at anyone in particular.

Yeah, I didn't think that was a directed comment. Like I said, in the interest of full disclosure. Also, today I'd wholly agree with you that it's ridiculous to expect any Muslim anywhere to do anything.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #923 on: September 04, 2015, 04:15:49 PM »
I agree with JE, holy war is the only solution.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #924 on: September 10, 2015, 02:24:58 PM »
If I just woke up from a 1 year coma, I would assume this was from Onion.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/politics/donald-trump-carly-fiorina-looks-rolling-stone/index.html

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #925 on: September 10, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »
If nothing else, I applaud Trump for his war on the media. People are getting tired of pundits spinning excrement all the time. The more he doesn't apologize for things people imply he meant, the better his numbers get.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #926 on: September 10, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
If nothing else, I applaud Trump for his war on the media. People are getting tired of pundits spinning excrement all the time. The more he doesn't apologize for things people imply he meant, the better his numbers get.

Trumps just Obama for the right. Hes not trying to get elected by having good ideas, hes trying to get elected by being a celebrity.

Maybe soon well see pictures of Trump shirtless at the beach

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #927 on: September 10, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
^These guys.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #928 on: September 10, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »

So you're cool with him going after that bastion of truth Fox News?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #929 on: September 10, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »

So you're cool with him going after that bastion of truth Fox News?

Of course. I hate all media outlets.
"Wrong!"

Tags: