Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645409 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #901 on: September 03, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #902 on: September 03, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »
Oh excrement.  That's a terrible decision by the judge, although he's in a tough position.  This is going to get so much worse now.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #903 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »
Do all people in Kentucky look like this, or just the religious nutters?

A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #904 on: September 03, 2015, 05:42:50 PM »

Do all people in Kentucky look like this, or just the religious nutters?

Yes.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #905 on: September 04, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »
She claims she's going to stay in jail "as long as it takes." Probably not the best move.

I know being an atheist/agnostic is the new normal, but it pisses me off when anti-religion people go on and on about how stupid people of faith are. Then I see idiots like this.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #906 on: September 04, 2015, 09:19:44 AM »
She claims she's going to stay in jail "as long as it takes." Probably not the best move.

I know being an atheist/agnostic is the new normal, but it pisses me off when anti-religion people go on and on about how stupid people of faith are. Then I see idiots like this.

I have zero problem with her doing this if she's willing to recognize that she has to accept the punishment for refusing to do her job.  I disagree with her stance 100%, but I see way too many of these people who preach and preach and have no real backbone behind it.  If you're going to take this hardline stance that God is commanding you to do something, then freaking do it and suffer the punishment.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #907 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
Is her last name Gambini?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #908 on: September 04, 2015, 09:26:43 AM »
I have zero problem with her doing this if she's willing to recognize that she has to accept the punishment for refusing to do her job.  I disagree with her stance 100%, but I see way too many of these people who preach and preach and have no real backbone behind it.  If you're going to take this hardline stance that God is commanding you to do something, then freaking do it and suffer the punishment.

That's a fair point. It's still stupid because the end result is she just never leaves jail (though it's more likely she just loses her job and this all ends).
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #909 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:17 AM »
She can't lose her job unless she's impeached, apparently she's elected rather than employed. I don't know when the next election is due to happen but I suspect that there will be a huge amount of effort to have her re-elected.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #910 on: September 04, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »
That's a fair point. It's still stupid because the end result is she just never leaves jail (though it's more likely she just loses her job and this all ends).

If she gets relieved of duty and released from prison without ever wavering her stance, she's going to be an instant millionaire.  She'll get invited to speak at every Christian conference there is and donations will pour in.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #911 on: September 04, 2015, 09:45:37 AM »
I recall seeing she was elected before, but completely forgot when I posted that earlier. So she's going to be a martyr for the anti-gay movement. Spectacular.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #912 on: September 04, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »
If they're going to use that disgusting hag as a model for anti gay marriage stuff, that's fantastic, it's only hurting their cause. The more stupid crap the religious right does the better. It alerts people that don't ordinarily care to what intolerant assholes are up to.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #913 on: September 04, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »
If they're going to use that disgusting hag as a model for anti gay marriage stuff, that's fantastic, it's only hurting their cause. The more stupid crap the religious right does the better. It alerts people that don't ordinarily care to what intolerant assholes are up to.

My only problem with it is that shitheads like this give the vast majority of people of faith a bad name--who aren't anything like this.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »
My only problem with it is that shitheads like this give the vast majority of people of faith a bad name--who aren't anything like this.

I believe the stock response to that is something along the lines of "if the [faith] community won't speak out and do something about their problems, then they must all take the blame and responsibility for them".

Tags: