Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644482 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #855 on: August 04, 2015, 03:06:30 PM »
Wait, how are illegals able to apply for and attend college here? Are there schools that don't require proof of resident status? That's absurd.

I honestly don't remember what I had to provide when I went to college. I don't remember digging up my BC or anything.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »
Wait, how are illegals able to apply for and attend college here? Are there schools that don't require proof of resident status? That's absurd.

I'm guessing they apply as immigrants using their citizenship from another country.  I'm not sure how they get away without having a VISA to stay here, though.  It's so stupid.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »
And how is he not getting deported after being found that he's been living here illegally? The whole system is fucked.

It'll be awesome if this gets him booted.  He lives in a pooper, so it would have a big uproar.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #858 on: August 04, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »

It'll be awesome if this gets him booted.  He lives in a pooper, so it would have a big uproar.

I like how he said "I did nothing wrong." Maybe it wasn't his choice to come here, but it was wrong of his entire family to do so, and against the law. People in other countries wait decades for an opportunity to live and work in a county like ours, and you think that it's alright to just bypass the entire process and sneak right in? freak them. No sympathy.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #859 on: August 04, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »
https://professionals.collegeboard.com/guidance/financial-aid/undocumented-students

Undocumented students may incorrectly assume that they cannot legally attend college in the United States. However, there is no federal or state law that prohibits the admission of undocumented immigrants to U.S. colleges, public or private. Federal or state laws do not require students to prove citizenship in order to enter U.S. institutions of higher education. Yet institutional policies on admitting undocumented students vary.

Time to make one.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #860 on: August 04, 2015, 07:28:30 PM »
I like how he said "I did nothing wrong." Maybe it wasn't his choice to come here, but it was wrong of his entire family to do so, and against the law. People in other countries wait decades for an opportunity to live and work in a county like ours, and you think that it's alright to just bypass the entire process and sneak right in? freak them. No sympathy.

I have sympathy for a kid who is dragged here and raised here only to get deported to a country he doesn't know because his parents came here illegally.  All the sympathy in the world.  It's his parents' fault, though, and there's a difference between feeling sympathetic and believing it justifies amnesty.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #861 on: August 04, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
I have sympathy for a kid who is dragged here and raised here only to get deported to a country he doesn't know because his parents came here illegally.  All the sympathy in the world.  It's his parents' fault, though, and there's a difference between feeling sympathetic and believing it justifies amnesty.

I agree.  The tough situation is illegal immigrants who sneak in and excrement out a bunch of kids in America.  Can't really separate the kids from the parents but it's not fair to the kids to get punted back to a country they don't know either.  There isn't a perfect solution.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #862 on: August 04, 2015, 07:42:50 PM »
I agree.  The tough situation is illegal immigrants who sneak in and excrement out a bunch of kids in America.  Can't really separate the kids from the parents but it's not fair to the kids to get punted back to a country they don't know either.  There isn't a perfect solution.

This American Life had a good episode about what happens to Mexicans who are brought here illegally as children, raised as Americans, then deported back to Mexico, a completely unfamiliar place to them. Many of them end up working at Mexican call centers for American companies.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:34:23 PM by Badger »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #863 on: August 04, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »

My wife used to have classrooms full of them.  She still has some, I'm guessing, but it used to be more anchor babies than not in her class.  The funny thing is that her school was one of the best public options around.  The illegal parents would try to get their kids into the charter school and leave them with people if they got deported.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #864 on: August 05, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »

Sure there is, let them stay. Fifty years ago if they were from Europe not a second thought would be wasted on this.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #865 on: August 05, 2015, 09:45:51 PM »

Sure there is, let them stay. Fifty years ago if they were from Europe not a second thought would be wasted on this.

What are you smoking? It's a lot tougher to come to this country from across an ocean. The U.S didn't have that problem back then, and most European immigrants were legal at the time, especially since we had labor shortages.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #866 on: August 05, 2015, 09:47:45 PM »
What are you smoking? It's a lot tougher to come to this country from across an ocean. The U.S didn't have that problem back then, and most European immigrants were legal at the time, especially since we had labor shortages.

Bullshit, my entire family were immigrants at one time, you're full of excrement. It's simple people don't like where the new immigrants are coming from, wrap that up however you want it.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #867 on: August 05, 2015, 09:56:44 PM »
What are you smoking? It's a lot tougher to come to this country from across an ocean.

I dunno, handing over a few pounds / francs / deutschmarks / zlotys / shekels / sheep for a one way boat ticket seems pretty easy compared to swimming the Rio Grande, hanging off the axle of a 16 wheeler and dodging the armed lunatics manning the border.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #868 on: August 05, 2015, 11:07:13 PM »

I dunno, handing over a few pounds / francs / deutschmarks / zlotys / shekels / sheep for a one way boat ticket seems pretty easy compared to swimming the Rio Grande, hanging off the axle of a 16 wheeler and dodging the armed lunatics manning the border.

They'd still have to be processed at Ellis Island.

Anyway, the point is that now we have tougher limits. Makes no difference where the immigrants are from. There have always been Mexicans crossing the border, but we haven't needed new immigrants in decades, and that's why there are tougher laws. Mexicans aren't the only ones getting deported. They're just the biggest problem that can potentially be controlled.

But you guys can keep thinking anti-illegal immigration is solely a race issue. Like everything else apparently.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #869 on: August 06, 2015, 06:03:12 AM »

Bullshit, my entire family were immigrants at one time

Now my opinion has changed. All immigration should be banned.

Tags: