Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645585 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #840 on: June 29, 2015, 08:39:35 PM »
loljews*

http://gawker.com/orthodox-jews-invent-uber-for-protesting-gay-pride-1714720843

*Autocorrect tried to change this to lol jets. freak you, Autocorrect.

Heshie Freed, a member of the political action committee, an Orthodox Jewish group based in Brooklyn, said that [Mexicans] were supplementary troops, filling in for the Jewish students who would normally be called upon to demonstrate.

“The rabbis said that the yeshiva boys shouldn’t come out for this because of what they would see at the parade,” Mr. Freed said.

Oh my god

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #841 on: June 29, 2015, 11:39:22 PM »
loljews*

http://gawker.com/orthodox-jews-invent-uber-for-protesting-gay-pride-1714720843

*Autocorrect tried to change this to lol jets. freak you, Autocorrect.

The leader goes home and rubs himself on his cat to the idea of a young man wanting to know more about the yeshiva, and what's in his underwear.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #842 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:25 AM »
It's always the yiddle in the middle.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #843 on: July 09, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »
"The nature of politics is to subtract meaning from language, Swaim understands, but he develops a relatively benign philosophy about political speech: “Using vague, slippery or just meaningless language is not the same as lying: it’s not intended to deceive so much as to preserve options, buy time, distance oneself from others, or just to sound like you’re saying something instead of nothing.” And politicians resort to such devices not out of deviousness but simply because every day they must weigh in “on things of which they have little or no reliable knowledge or about which they just don’t care.”"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2015/07/08/what-its-like-to-write-speeches-for-a-rude-rambling-and-disgraced-politician/?tid=sm_fb

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #844 on: July 09, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »
"The nature of politics is to subtract meaning from language, Swaim understands, but he develops a relatively benign philosophy about political speech: “Using vague, slippery or just meaningless language is not the same as lying: it’s not intended to deceive so much as to preserve options, buy time, distance oneself from others, or just to sound like you’re saying something instead of nothing.” And politicians resort to such devices not out of deviousness but simply because every day they must weigh in “on things of which they have little or no reliable knowledge or about which they just don’t care.”"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2015/07/08/what-its-like-to-write-speeches-for-a-rude-rambling-and-disgraced-politician/?tid=sm_fb

Good quote.  The sad thing is that the general public has created this monster by jumping all over every minuscule comment any politician makes.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #845 on: July 10, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »
Sen. Dianne Feinstein blasted the San Francisco Sheriff's Department on Tuesday for releasing an illegal immigrant with a felony record, saying the woman he shot last week would still be alive if the department had notified federal immigration authorities.

Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, who had been deported five times, was freed in March even though Immigration and Custom Enforcement had filed a detainer request with the department.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein blasted the San Francisco Sheriff's Department on Tuesday for releasing an illegal immigrant with a felony record, saying the woman he shot last week would still be alive if the department had notified federal immigration authorities.

Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, who had been deported five times, was freed in March even though Immigration and Custom Enforcement had filed a detainer request with the department.

He admitted Sunday to shooting and killing Kathryn Steinle, 32, but said it was an accident.

“The tragic death of Ms. Steinle could have been avoided if the Sheriff's Department had notified ICE prior to the release of Mr. Sanchez, which would have allowed ICE to remove him from the country,” Ms. Feinstein said in a letter to San Francisco Mayor Edwin M. Lee.

The sheriff's department has said that Lopez-Sanchez was released because ICE failed to produce an arrest warrant or judicial determination as required under San Francisco’s sanctuary city rules.

“I strongly believe that an undocumented individual, convicted of multiple felonies and with a detainer request from ICE, should not have been released,” Ms. Feinstein said. “We should focus on deporting convicted criminals, not setting them loose on our streets. As a member of the Judiciary Committee, I am looking at whether additional federal legislation may be necessary.”

Ms. Feinstein, a California Democrat who previously served as San Francisco mayor, urged the city to join the Department of Homeland Security’s Priority Enforcement Program, which “facilitates the removal of dangerous criminal aliens.”

The program, created as part of President Obama’s executive action on immigration in November, “enables DHS to work with state and local law enforcement to take custody of individuals who pose a danger to public safety before those individuals are released into our communities,” according to the ICE description.

“By agreeing to participate in the Priority Enforcement Program, San Francisco would provide notice to ICE before releasing aliens with long criminal records, such as Mr. Sanchez, upon request from ICE,” Ms. Feinstein said.

Lopez-Sanchez was charged Monday with murder in the death of Ms. Steinle, who was walking on San Francisco’s Pier 14 with her father when she was shot.

He told KGO-TV in a jailhouse interview that he shot her accidentally when a gun he found wrapped in a T-shirt went off, and that he cannot remember the details because he had taken sleeping pills.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #846 on: July 10, 2015, 10:29:01 PM »
But alerting the INS would've been racist!
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #847 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:34 PM »

But alerting the INS would've been racist!

Said no one but Republicans ever.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #848 on: July 10, 2015, 10:55:38 PM »
lmao
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #849 on: July 11, 2015, 12:46:42 AM »
Feinstein is mummified

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #850 on: July 11, 2015, 10:45:32 AM »

Feinstein is mummified

California is terrible.  We elect the same damn people every term just to bitch about how shitty they are and watch them shift legislative responsibility to the voters via ballot initiatives.  Feinstein isn't one of the worst offenders.  Our state assemblymen are the worst.  At least I've got Ben Allen pioneering SB 277 (the vaccination bill).

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #852 on: August 04, 2015, 01:38:05 PM »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #853 on: August 04, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »

Well, excrement.  They really are taking our jerbs.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-immigration-officeholder-20150804-story.html#page=1

Wait, how are illegals able to apply for and attend college here? Are there schools that don't require proof of resident status? That's absurd.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #854 on: August 04, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »
And how is he not getting deported after being found that he's been living here illegally? The whole system is fucked.
"Wrong!"

Tags: