Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645025 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #795 on: June 26, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
I was just gonna say. The women in my office are really excited about this.

They just want you to be happy.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #796 on: June 26, 2015, 10:59:12 AM »

They just want you to be happy.

This guy.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #797 on: June 26, 2015, 11:34:52 AM »
Good.  We can now stop talking about gay marriage because it's settled properly and the right side won.

/wishfulthinking

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #798 on: June 26, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »
Good.  We can now stop talking about gay marriage because it's settled properly and the right side won.

/wishfulthinking

From your lips to gods ears.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #799 on: June 26, 2015, 11:49:19 AM »

/wishfulthinking

As long as the government doesn't go after churchs forcing them to marry gay couples, I think the debate will fizzle.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #800 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:09 AM »
As long as the government doesn't go after churchs forcing them to marry gay couples, I think the debate will fizzle.

If it did, I'd be right there arguing on the side of the churches.  freak that noise.  The government doesn't force the church to marry people who aren't members of their church.  I see no reason why gay marriage would be the place to start, and none of the gay folks I know have any desire to get married in a hostile church.  There are always assholes, though.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #801 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:47 AM »

I just realized you said Churchs, not churches.  I don't know why Church's Chicken would be forced to marry anyone.  You confuse me, Tommy.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #802 on: June 26, 2015, 11:53:50 AM »

If it did, I'd be right there arguing on the side of the churches.  freak that noise.  The government doesn't force the church to marry people who aren't members of their church.  I see no reason why gay marriage would be the place to start, and none of the gay folks I know have any desire to get married in a hostile church.  There are always assholes, though.

What if the two gay people are members of the same Catholic Church, and want to get married there. I think churches and religious institutions are protected otherwise mosques would face some gender discrimination suits.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #803 on: June 26, 2015, 11:58:16 AM »
What if the two gay people are members of the same Catholic Church, and want to get married there. I think churches and religious institutions are protected otherwise mosques would face some gender discrimination suits.

I'm pretty sure a church can refuse to perform a wedding for any reason. My wife and I were denied solely on our age when we first tried (22 & 19). Though part of it was the unsaid "you're pregnant" too.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #804 on: June 26, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »

I'm pretty sure a church can refuse to perform a wedding for any reason. My wife and I were denied solely on our age when we first tried (22 &amp; 19). Though part of it was the unsaid "you're pregnant" too.

Damn. How did your wife get you pregnant?
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #805 on: June 26, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »

Plot twist: Alio is a seahorse.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #806 on: June 26, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »

Pretty easily actually. See when a mommy and daddy love each other very much, and the mommy has a penis...
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #807 on: June 26, 2015, 12:58:33 PM »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #808 on: June 26, 2015, 01:02:40 PM »

This is actually a good point.

Let's make a deal with churches...  Give up your tax exempt status and you don't have to marry 2 of your gay members.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #809 on: June 26, 2015, 01:32:03 PM »
This is actually a good point.

Let's make a deal with churches...  Give up your tax exempt status and you don't have to marry 2 of your gay members.

That threat is a horrendously bad idea.  This should be the impetus on both sides to fully extricate the church from the state and political influence.  That includes maintenance of tax exempt status.  This is one more way in which churches should want to separate themselves entirely.

Tags: