Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645002 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #765 on: April 02, 2015, 09:14:24 AM »
As IJR said, fat chance of a gay couple enlisting the services of a pizzeria (in INDIANA) to cater their wedding. It's a ridiculous hypothetical.

I can see a gay couple in Manitoba enlisting the services of a pizzeria to cater their wedding.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #766 on: April 02, 2015, 09:17:06 AM »
I can see a gay couple in Manitoba enlisting the services of a pizzeria to cater their wedding.

*Krautzeria

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #767 on: April 02, 2015, 09:25:56 AM »
Hai gaiz!  We still talking about Walmart in here or is it Republican retards?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #768 on: April 02, 2015, 09:30:05 AM »
Hai gaiz!  We still talking about Walmart in here or is it Republican retards?

We're talking about Big Gay forcing small Christian-owned businesses to pay illegal Mexicans a $30/hr minimum wage.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #769 on: April 02, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »
We're talking about Big Gay forcing small Christian-owned businesses to pay illegal Mexicans a $30/hr minimum wage.

Damn Mexicans........

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #770 on: April 02, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »
I just saw "Gaystopo" and "Thank you Obummer" used unironically in a Facebook comment.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #771 on: April 02, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »
That's your POV. You can disagree all you want, but they have a religious basis for their beliefs, and in this country the last time I checked you have a fundamental right to believe what you want as freaking warped or stupid as it may be. Once people are made aware , they have the right to shop elsewhere. This is so much easier then people make it out to be. There was no religious basis for segregation. Unfortunately, despite also the "love thy neighbor" stuff these people chose to entrench themselves in douchebaggery on the basis of religious text.

No.  Institutional bias against gays is wrong.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the religious aspect.  In fact, there WAS religious basis for segregation.  Religion was used to justify slavery for ages, and it was then used to justify subjugation and separation.  Anti-miscegenation laws were based in the bible.  The same liberal (different meaning) interpretation was used there as it is against gay marriage.  "Traditionally", blacks and whites didn't interact or marry.

The difference between that segregation and this one is that there aren't "No Gays Allowed" signs in restaurant windows, separate bathrooms and other facilities, and separate sections for gays in venues and transportation.  Like I said, institutional bias is essentially wiped out by the legalization of gay marriage.

Having said that, no you cannot refuse service based on sexual orientation.  It's bullshit, and it's unlawful.  I just haven't seen an abundance of REAL instances of it happening.  That's my point.  Nobody gives a freak what someone hypothetically argues.  OH MY GOD, I MIGHT ONE DAY HAVE A GAY CUSTOMER WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOO?  People are going to refuse the business, and someone might sue.  Until it starts happening widely, I'm not going to get all up in arms.

He articulated it way better than I,  but I gathered from his post that in the name of being outraged everyone's being a stupid excrement in this situation.

I was talking to my cousin yesterday and I said. "If you knew a business that engaged in such a practice, why would you look to use them?" Direct response: " I have no freaking clue."  My cousin should have the right to marry his boyfriend and those working on the occasion should be invested into doing the best job they can, not dragged into it kicking and screaming because of legislation.

Again, it's only when it becomes a huge problem that there will even be legislation.  I'm not suggesting I oppose enforcement of anti-discrimination laws in this case.  If it becomes a real problem, I sure as hell hope people get forced to conduct business without discrimination.  I just don't think it will ever come to that, and it sure hasn't to this point.  People are pissed on principle, not practice.

A part of this is the continued crusade by the militant part of that community , Dan Savage types,  to shove their righteousness down people's throats.

There's absolutely no way you can blame Big Gay and not Big Christian.  freaking religion is shoved down our throats, but you're not complaining about that.  I live in a super secular community, and my kids still say the Pledge every day and most people say "Under God".  And yet I keep reading these people flipping their excrement about how God is being forced out of schools and no one says the pledge any more.  I hear about how Christians are an acceptable persecuted group, and yet I don't see any of that excrement.  It's all MOAR GOD MOAR GOD WE ARE LOSING GOD WHERE IS GOD?  Shove shove shove.  There is no more militant group in this country than Evangelicals.  None.  They freaking predominate, and even when a leader is a Dem, good luck saying you're not a Christian without a massive backlash and ouster from office.  They rewrite history to say this is a Christian country, that the Pledge was always religious, and that our money always said In God We Trust.  You're right, though, militant gays are the real problem.

Pizza is almost as abundant as freaking water. I'm sure there are 10 other establishments they would've been happy to cater a gay wedding.

Nobody asked the pizza place to begin with.  That's why the whole thing is freaking stupid.  Stupid hypotheticals that simply aren't coming true.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #772 on: April 02, 2015, 03:44:03 PM »
I just saw "Gaystopo" and "Thank you Obummer" used unironically in a Facebook comment.

It's a shame there are no gay communities, gay bars, and such.  Just gays trying to make everything in the freaking country gay.  It's not like they actively seek out other people like them instead of demanding the whole world turn gay to suit them.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #773 on: April 02, 2015, 04:11:50 PM »
Nobody asked the pizza place to begin with.  That's why the whole thing is freaking stupid.  Stupid hypotheticals that simply aren't coming true.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2015/04/midwestern-pizza-fans-react-completely-reasonably.html

Murrell2878

• Eric Smith
« Reply #774 on: April 02, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
All of a sudden I want pizza tonight.... Does that make me gay? I'm so confused

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #775 on: April 02, 2015, 08:33:50 PM »
If me and Heismanberg have a gay pizza wedding who wants to come?

And would it be inappropriate for all the pies to have extra sausage
?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #776 on: April 02, 2015, 08:53:39 PM »

Only if it's a Hawaiian pizza.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #777 on: April 02, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »

You picked a hell of a time to surface.  It's like you sniffed out the pheromones.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #778 on: April 02, 2015, 09:26:34 PM »

There is no more militant group in this country than Evangelicals. 

White taliban. White freaking taliban.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #779 on: April 02, 2015, 10:48:38 PM »
If me and Heismanberg have a gay pizza wedding who wants to come?

And would it be inappropriate for all the pies to have extra sausage
?

I'm not coming unless there's extra sausage, and yes, I do know how sig-worthy that statement is.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: