Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645120 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #750 on: April 01, 2015, 12:37:22 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #751 on: April 01, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »
"Big Gay"? Really?

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/03/bryan-fischer-indiana-law

Just wait until the requirement for entering a gay comedy club is swallowing a two load minimum.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #752 on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
I wish everyone would just shut the freak up about the gay thing. I'm tired of both sides. Let them marry so we can stop hearing about "gay rights" etc.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #753 on: April 01, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #754 on: April 01, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »
Guess we're not planning to get sensible with the rhetoric any time soon then.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #755 on: April 01, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »
oh good lord

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #756 on: April 01, 2015, 10:07:09 PM »
NSFW

http://memoriespizza.com/

Do these people not realize that they're criticizing people based on their religious beliefs? Intolerance being met with intolerance is always the way to go.

Bachmann is a stupid queynte, but she's a useless stupid queynte. Nothing like the former Senate Leader admitting to a lie to sway an election today. Bachmann and Reid...lol. Two birds of a different feather for sure, but I'll have to contact their parents if I ever need the blueprints to build myself an poopchute.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #757 on: April 01, 2015, 10:23:14 PM »
Guess we're not planning to get sensible with the rhetoric any time soon then.

She doesn't even use quotes at the very end? What a horrible person.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #758 on: April 01, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »

Do these people not realize that they're criticizing people based on their religious beliefs? Intolerance being met with intolerance is always the way to go.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #759 on: April 01, 2015, 10:38:36 PM »
I swear, the religious freedom religious persecution fight has to be the biggest clusterfuck of idiocy I've ever seen.

They can't even produce a good example of this excrement mattering in practice.  Oh, a pizza place weighs in on not catering gay weddings?  YOU ARE A freaking PIZZA PLACE.  LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARE ASKED TO CATER A GAY FIVE YEAR OLD'S BIRTHDAY PARTY.  Nobody wants you to cater their wedding.

And the backlash?  Again, IT IS A freaking PIZZA PLACE.  ARE YOU SERIOUSLY AFFECTED BY THE DECISION NOT TO CATER YOUR GAY WEDDING?

This is not massive groups of people ACTUALLY being turned away from lunch counters because of who they are. This is a bunch of irrelevant idiots expressing fear that they MIGHT be asked to provide services for a niche within a niche market.  Then it's a bunch of people in that niche up in arms that in this hypothetical scenario that NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN IN EXISTENCE, they will be denied service by that one little bakery they had never heard of until the gay wedding argument.

And now we have huge swaths of people freaking out on both sides about what it all means.  I'll tell you what it means: jack excrement.  Legalizing gay marriage?  Big important deal.  Worrying about whether someone you hate will ask you to perform a service for the wedding?  Or whether someone who hates you will refuse to perform that service?  No.  You're all idiots.

I'm glad people are boycotting the places that do this.  Keep not spending your money there.  Hacking a freaking website to make some stupid point that just widens the divide?  Don't whine when the uber-Christians don't suddenly see the light.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:40:10 PM by Ignatius J Reilly »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #760 on: April 02, 2015, 02:11:29 AM »
Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Sorry if IJS just put it more eloquently then I, but whatever.

These people are idiots, but is hacking their site or threatening them a smart way to get your point across? Does Tim Cook not look like an poopchute when he says he's going to boycott Indiana and then does business with Saudi Arabia? How gay friendly is that country?!

Let the freaking free market does what it does best. If people want to be idiotic and use their religious freedom as an excuse to discriminate,  let them miss out on the financial benefit. Not
for nothing but why would someone want someone with objections providing a service anyway?

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #761 on: April 02, 2015, 04:18:10 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #762 on: April 02, 2015, 07:10:36 AM »
Sorry if IJS just put it more eloquently then I, but whatever.

They're not practicing their religious beliefs, they're just dressing up their bigotry.

I wouldn't consider you and IJR to be quite on the same page here.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #763 on: April 02, 2015, 08:17:12 AM »
They're not practicing their religious beliefs, they're just dressing up their bigotry.

I wouldn't consider you and IJR to be quite on the same page here.

That's your POV. You can disagree all you want, but they have a religious basis for their beliefs, and in this country the last time I checked you have a fundamental right to believe what you want as freaking warped or stupid as it may be. Once people are made aware , they have the right to shop elsewhere. This is so much easier then people make it out to be. There was no religious basis for segregation. Unfortunately, despite also the "love thy neighbor" stuff these people chose to entrench themselves in douchebaggery on the basis of religious text.

He articulated it way better than I,  but I gathered from his post that in the name of being outraged everyone's being a stupid excrement in this situation.

I was talking to my cousin yesterday and I said. "If you knew a business that engaged in such a practice, why would you look to use them?" Direct response: " I have no freaking clue."  My cousin should have the right to marry his boyfriend and those working on the occasion should be invested into doing the best job they can, not dragged into it kicking and screaming because of legislation.

A part of this is the continued crusade by the militant part of that community , Dan Savage types,  to shove their righteousness down people's throats.

Pizza is almost as abundant as freaking water. I'm sure there are 10 other establishments they would've been happy to cater a gay wedding.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #764 on: April 02, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
That's your POV. You can disagree all you want, but they have a religious basis for their beliefs, and in this country the last time I checked you have a fundamental right to believe what you want as freaking warped or stupid as it may be.

I think 18 years of Lutheran, Methodist, and Catholic upbringing gave me sufficient insight into this. I've never met a person who claimed "it's against my beliefs" who didn't just have a personal issue with gay people.

Once people are made aware , they have the right to shop elsewhere. This is so much easier then people make it out to be. There was no religious basis for segregation. Unfortunately, despite also the "love thy neighbor" stuff these people chose to entrench themselves in douchebaggery on the basis of religious text.

That's exactly what will happen. If they're getting bombarded now, it's just accelerating the inevitable.

I was talking to my cousin yesterday and I said. "If you knew a business that engaged in such a practice, why would you look to use them?" Direct response: " I have no freaking clue."  My cousin should have the right to marry his boyfriend and those working on the occasion should be invested into doing the best job they can, not dragged into it kicking and screaming because of legislation.

This doesn't have to happen, because there are countless ways to get out of providing your goods or services without feigning moral objection. These people act like the gaystapo are going to kick down their door and force them to perform gaybortions or else they'll be sentenced to a hearing by one of Obama's gay death panels.

A part of this is the continued crusade by the militant part of that community , Dan Savage types, to shove their righteousness down people's throats.

This righteousness didn't form in a vacuum. It's a response to the Santorum of the world being shoved down people's throats.

Pizza is almost as abundant as freaking water. I'm sure there are 10 other establishments they would've been happy to cater a gay wedding.

As IJR said, fat chance of a gay couple enlisting the services of a pizzeria (in INDIANA) to cater their wedding. It's a ridiculous hypothetical.

Tags: