Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645037 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #630 on: March 18, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
Not really the right thread for this as it's more state than Federal, but still: WTF?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/17/oklahoma-is-banning-atheists-from-getting-married-5107328/
A cross-dressing limey poofter

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #631 on: March 18, 2015, 03:06:47 PM »
Not really the right thread for this as it's more state than Federal, but still: WTF?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/17/oklahoma-is-banning-atheists-from-getting-married-5107328/

Atheists are bigger pretenders than gays.

"Do you believe in God"

"Lmao sure."

"okay, you can get married"

Ignatius J Reilly

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #633 on: March 18, 2015, 04:04:49 PM »
Atheists are bigger pretenders than gays.

"Do you believe in God"

"Lmao sure."

"okay, you can get married"

That's pretty much what I had to do. I even promised we'd raise our kids Catholic.

lmao sure

Ignatius J Reilly

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #636 on: March 19, 2015, 09:54:10 AM »
He's right.

Lol.  No.  He's not.  He's right that the black vote is taken for granted.  His solution is absurd.

Every black person voting Republican for one election would make them look like the uneducated idiots you believe they all are.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #637 on: March 19, 2015, 10:00:45 AM »
Lol.  No.  He's not.  He's right that the black vote is taken for granted.  His solution is absurd.

Every black person voting Republican for one election would make them look like the uneducated idiots you believe they all are.

Yeah but still

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #638 on: March 19, 2015, 11:00:55 AM »

It's become absurd. Blacks just take the
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #639 on: March 19, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #640 on: March 19, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »
I didn't say they should actually do that, but he's right about blacks just taking any democratic candidate because they feel they have to.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #641 on: March 19, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »
I didn't say they should actually do that, but he's right about blacks just taking any democratic candidate because they feel they have to.

If only they had sufficient intelligence to think for themselves, eh? It's almost like only white people are clever enough to see the wonder of the Republican party.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #642 on: March 19, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »

Or because poor black people are smarter than poor white people (since we seem to be generalizing).  Why should any poor or lower middle class person vote directly against their own self interest?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #643 on: March 19, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »

If only they had sufficient intelligence to think for themselves, eh? It's almost like only white people are clever enough to see the wonder of the Republican party.

Why are white people way more diverse in their political views? Nearly split down the middle. Blacks on the other hand vote overwhelmingly for the democrats and have done so for decades. Why? There's no way all black people share the same political beliefs. People are unique and different and all that. There's another force at play here, and that's what I'm referring to.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #644 on: March 19, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »

...do you know any black voters?

They don't vote Democratic because they have to.  They vote that way because they feel marginalized and maligned by the Republicans.  They've switched party allegiances in the past, but they've long been an ignored faction by the Republicans.  It's political strategy for both sides.  Surely you recognize how choosing not to court the "black vote" curries favor with certain parts of the Republican party base.  For many Southern Republicans, the 'welfare queen' has a definite race attached.  That lends an air of superiority to poor whites who become more inclined to vote against their own economic interests.  It's been a crafted message for ages, no different than civil rights largely being a ploy to secure the remaining "black votes" which still held Republican after the New Deal.  It's also no different than the way the Christian vote was courted by the Republican party.  Honestly, what's sadder?  A voting bloc that feels marginalized by race or a voting bloc that feels marginalized by religion?

Tags: