Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645199 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #435 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »
Other systems don't work either.

People are stupid, selfish, lazy, and ignorant at best

It's relatively improbable Democrats take power next election.

Obama is the black Bush, it could take a good 6-8 years before the pendulum swings back. Instead well watch Obamacare slowly die and get dismantled

Then maybe we'll get single payer.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #436 on: November 05, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »
Then maybe we'll get single payer.
People weren't happy about Obamacare being far left. As it fails and gets dismantled (and this recent election shows people don't support it) you think suddenly they're gonna say maybe let's go even further left?

Democrats are gonna be extra cautious about messing around with healthcare too much in the immediate near future

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #437 on: November 05, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
People weren't happy about Obamacare being far left. As it fails and gets dismantled (and this recent election shows people don't support it) you think suddenly they're gonna say maybe let's go even further left?

Democrats are gonna be extra cautious about messing around with healthcare too much in the immediate near future

ACA was a turd, single payer actually has a shot at resolving serious issues with the healthcare system, which is currently a cruel joke.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #438 on: November 05, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
ACA was a turd, single payer actually has a shot at resolving serious issues with the healthcare system, which is currently a cruel joke.
But whose going to trust the people who developed and forced that turd on the American people, and give them the power to completley revamp our healthcare system yet again?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #439 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »

You only think that because you don't work hard enough. If you worked harder you'd get paid more and then you could buy all the healthcare you want. You only have yourself to blame because you're lazy and therefore undeserving of the good healthcare.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #440 on: November 05, 2014, 11:07:15 AM »
Probably because the other party values lower class people of color  more than them.

They're fucked on the left, and fucked on the right

Aaaaand there's the attitude I'm talking about.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #441 on: November 05, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
You only think that because you don't work hard enough. If you worked harder you'd get paid more and then you could buy all the healthcare you want. You only have yourself to blame because you're lazy and therefore undeserving of the good healthcare.

I saw a good tweet yesterday. I don't recall the exact wording but it was to the effect of: "Voting more will change politics is the civic equivalent of if the poor worked harder they'd be rich!"
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #442 on: November 05, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
I saw a good tweet yesterday. I don't recall the exact wording but it was to the effect of: "Voting more will change politics is the civic equivalent of if the poor worked harder they'd be rich!"

BTW what do you think of our fellow Stanner? I kind of soured on him in the last year or so, even though I align with him on most issues.

I didn't vote yesterday for several reasons, but I would have written in Zephyr Teachout for Governor.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #443 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »
BTW what do you think of our fellow Stanner? I kind of soured on him in the last year or so, even though I align with him on most issues.

I didn't vote yesterday for several reasons, but I would have written in Zephyr Teachout for Governor.

I don't have an issue with Cuomo. NY Governor is one of the least important governmental positions on my radar. It's wholly consumed with making the state happy, not the city. I'm always more interested in the NYC Mayor, who I cannot stand.

I literally know nothing about Teachout except for angry-at-Cuomo tweets one of my follows loves to RT. I was quite the uninformed voter this year.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #444 on: November 05, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »
Aaaaand there's the attitude I'm talking about.
You have kids right?

I'm assuming they're too young for this, but have you started applying for colleges with them?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2014, 02:03:55 PM »
Some of them vote against themselves economically, but so do high income people.  A lot of them value social issues more, or they believe firmly that there's a lower group beneath them and that they need to prove themselves better.  It's no different from the poor whites who proudly defended slavery despite the fact none of them could ever hope to own a slave.  There's a lot of pride at stake.

High income people have that choice.  The poor whites who defended slavery were just dumb.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #446 on: November 05, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »

You have kids right?

I'm assuming they're too young for this, but have you started applying for colleges with them?

Yes, they're too young, and yes we just sent off their early decision apps on the 1st.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #448 on: November 18, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »
Stupid kids. If only they realized that if they work harder they wouldn't be in their situation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/Homelessness-hits-one-in-30-US-children/ar-BBekEKV?ocid=ansnewsafp11

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #449 on: November 21, 2014, 12:48:07 AM »
How the hell did that Keystone bill die? It's funny how Republican congressmen get a lot of crap, but the other side managed to convince their constituents that a routine pipeline project like this would be a bad idea?

Fuehrer proof that both sides will take the opposite position on almost anything, regardless whether it's edit or wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Wrong!"

Tags: