Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645440 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #420 on: October 07, 2014, 02:07:09 PM »
Hopefully anyone that weak minded doesn't vote.
Have you seen politics the last 12+ years?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #421 on: October 07, 2014, 02:11:28 PM »
Have you seen politics the last 12+ years?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #422 on: October 07, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #423 on: October 07, 2014, 09:35:10 PM »
The country just needs to be patient. I was very much anti gay marriage up until a few years ago. And not for any religious reason either. Some people just consider it a major change in the social order, and more would support if proponents didn't constantly pontificate about what a horrible person you are if you aren't 100pct on board.

Uh, the exact opposite is also true.  I've had people ask me how I can possibly live with myself because I support gay marriage.  I've had others tell me I'm going to hell.  I've had others tell me I must be gay myself.  Like most people, you're annoyed more by the people who disagree with you.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #424 on: October 07, 2014, 09:36:41 PM »
The climate change "movement" has been hijacked by anti-capitalists and anarchists who use it as an excuse to spout off against our way of life. The problem I have with them is that they've all of a sudden demonize people for just living a normal life. Drive to work? freak you, you're just making it worse. excrement like that.

Obviously certain measures would be great for the environment but all the finger pointing and talk about your bullshit "carbon footprint" just makes them assholes.

Case in point.  Don't agree with me?  Your supporters must be a bunch of nutjobs and anti-Americans.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #425 on: November 04, 2014, 11:48:39 PM »
So apparently the country loves Republicans again.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2014, 06:40:33 AM »
Didn't the inverse of this happen during Bush's last 2 years?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #427 on: November 05, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
Didn't the inverse of this happen during Bush's last 2 years?

Yes, and when nothing happens under the new Republican congress, it'll likely swing back.  And forth.  And back.  And forth.  Pooping forever.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #428 on: November 05, 2014, 09:07:39 AM »
Intense Tommy lost his bid for governor of California.  No surprise given the R next to his name, but still a shame.  I personally think he'd have been great for the state.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #429 on: November 05, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »
I will never understand why lower to lower middle class white people vote against themselves.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #430 on: November 05, 2014, 09:36:28 AM »
I will never understand why lower to lower middle class white people vote against themselves.

Some of them vote against themselves economically, but so do high income people.  A lot of them value social issues more, or they believe firmly that there's a lower group beneath them and that they need to prove themselves better.  It's no different from the poor whites who proudly defended slavery despite the fact none of them could ever hope to own a slave.  There's a lot of pride at stake.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #431 on: November 05, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
Obama is officially the black Bush

He single handedly destroyed his party,  and pretty much every race was lost because they were connected to him.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #432 on: November 05, 2014, 09:38:43 AM »
Probably because the other party values lower class people of color  more than them.

They're fucked on the left, and fucked on the right

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #433 on: November 05, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
The two party system does not work. Either party simply doesn't have the people's best interest at stake. Their decisions are going to be in favor of whoever donating the most money.

Next election we will be voting democrat.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #434 on: November 05, 2014, 10:31:39 AM »
The two party system does not work. Either party simply doesn't have the people's best interest at stake. Their decisions are going to be in favor of whoever donating the most money.

Next election we will be voting democrat.
Other systems don't work either.

People are stupid, selfish, lazy, and ignorant at best

It's relatively improbable Democrats take power next election.

Obama is the black Bush, it could take a good 6-8 years before the pendulum swings back. Instead well watch Obamacare slowly die and get dismantled

Tags: