Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644679 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
It's really very simple.

Cost of living: the average cost of goods, services, rent, utilities, etc.

Standard of living: insert whatever statistic you want

OK, so now you've gone from "standard of living is subjective" to "standard of living has more than one way in which it can be objectively assessed". I agree with that.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »
OK, so now you've gone from "standard of living is subjective" to "standard of living has more than one way in which it can be objectively assessed". I agree with that.

Take it you don't know what objective means

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »
Take it you don't know what objective means

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You make me want Hobbes back.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:46 PM »
I've personally never heard of anyone moving to Norway for any reason. They tax you up the derriere out there.

I don't quit think they gave a crap about taxes. One in particular ran billions of dollars and got tired of the rat race and was young enough to go wherever he wanted. He picked Norway. It's a beautiful country that treats it's people and guests well.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »
http://www.khou.com/news/local/White-guy-wins-after-leading-voters-to-believe-hes-black-231222981.html

HOUSTON -- Dave Wilson chuckles as he talks about his unorthodox political campaign.

"I'd always said it was a long shot," Wilson says. "No, I didn't expect to win."

Still, he figured he'd have fun running, because he was fed up with what he called "all the shenanigans" at the Houston Community College System. As a conservative white Republican running in a district whose voters are overwhelmingly black Democrats, the odds seemed overwhelmingly against him.

Then he came up with an idea, an advertising strategy that his opponent found "disgusting." If a white guy didn't have a chance in a mostly African-American district, Wilson would lead voters to think he's black.

And it apparently worked. In one of the biggest political upsets in Houston politics this election season, Wilson -- an anti-gay activist and former fringe candidate for mayor -- emerged as the surprise winner over 24-year incumbent Bruce Austin. His razor thin margin of victory, only 26 votes, was almost certainly influenced by his racially tinged campaign.

"Every time a politician talks, he's out there deceiving voters," he says.

Wilson, a gleeful political troublemaker, printed direct mail pieces strongly implying that he's black. His fliers were decorated with photographs of smiling African-American faces -- which he readily admits he just lifted off websites -- and captioned with the words "Please vote for our friend and neighbor Dave Wilson."

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »
That man deserves a medal

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/budget-congress_n_4435761.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Fingers crossed that this is a start on the way back towards sensible two party politics and the Koch-funded lunatics can go back to being noisy and irrelevant on the fringes.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2013, 07:23:06 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/budget-congress_n_4435761.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Fingers crossed that this is a start on the way back towards sensible two party politics and the Koch-funded lunatics can go back to being noisy and irrelevant on the fringes.

Not a chance

We wont move towards sensible politics till the extremist on the left and right are out of power. Names like Obama Reid Pelosi on the left all HAVE to go (defend Obama as you want, the guy is incredibly incredibly polar inciting significant class warfare, not to mention his rise to power was all about the Bash Bush politics pushing us towards the left). And the right needs to abandon Palin and Tea Party extremists, as well as become sensible when it comes to things like Abortion and Gay Rights.

Maybe after Obamas out both parties might move to the center as things to remain competitive in the elections, but I wouldnt expect anything reasonable until the next presidency (whether its a dem or republican)  at the absolute earliest

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2013, 10:08:52 PM »
Not a chance

We wont move towards sensible politics till the extremist on the left and right are out of power. Names like Obama Reid Pelosi on the left all HAVE to go (defend Obama as you want, the guy is incredibly incredibly polar inciting significant class warfare, not to mention his rise to power was all about the Bash Bush politics pushing us towards the left). And the right needs to abandon Palin and Tea Party extremists, as well as become sensible when it comes to things like Abortion and Gay Rights.

Maybe after Obamas out both parties might move to the center as things to remain competitive in the elections, but I wouldnt expect anything reasonable until the next presidency (whether its a dem or republican)  at the absolute earliest

Nonsense. It's the right's fault 100pct of the time.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »
Not a chance

The only thing polarizing about Obama is the color of his skin.  A republican couldn't ask for a more moderate democratic president.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »
Nonsense. It's the right's fault 100pct of the time.

Since January of 2009 this is the case.  It's sad but it's entirely true.  Feel free to share some examples where it is not.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »
The only thing polarizing about Obama is the color of his skin.  A republican couldn't ask for a more moderate democratic president.

Lol what

The guy has every Unions dick inside him, and his entire political strategy was bash bush. The guy is am ardent defender of financial redistribution, there is NOTHING  moderate about this man.

His greatest accomplishments have been entirely one sided In congressional/Senate support, and his approval ratings are lower than bush.

He's not even close to being as moderate as Bill Clinton was. If anything he's as moderate as Jimmy Carter

Find me a single political article written in the last 2-3 years that describes him as a moderate Democrat.

They don't exist, you're ridiculous
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:15:34 PM by dcm1602 »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »

Lol don't you know that accusing people that don't like BO of racism is soooo 2009?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
Lol what

The guy has every Unions dick inside him, and his entire political strategy was bash bush. The guy is am ardent defender of financial redistribution, there is NOTHING  moderate about this man.

His greatest accomplishments have been entirely one sided In congressional/Senate support, and his approval ratings are lower than bush.

He's not even close to being as moderate as Bill Clinton was. If anything he's as moderate as Jimmy Carter

Find me a single political article written in the last 2-3 years that describes him as a moderate Democrat.

They don't exist, you're ridiculous

Did he get re-elected because of Bush?  Don't be a freaking moron.

Both parties believe in financial redistribution...  Dems favor people, Reps favor companies.  I would rather my tax dollars help the guy down the street than a billion dollar company or a foreign war.

As I asked, what has he signed into law that hasn't been moderate?  Provide an example or just stop trying.

Tags: