Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 643741 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #4335 on: September 20, 2020, 08:57:58 AM »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #4337 on: September 20, 2020, 01:08:16 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4338 on: September 22, 2020, 08:24:43 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/11/mcconnell-kentucky-coronavirus-aid/

Watch them line up again to vote for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #4339 on: September 22, 2020, 08:11:54 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4340 on: September 23, 2020, 10:37:51 AM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4341 on: September 23, 2020, 11:36:07 AM »
lmaoooo
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4342 on: September 23, 2020, 12:45:02 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/11/mcconnell-kentucky-coronavirus-aid/

Watch them line up again to vote for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

Good thing the other 49 states dumped millions into a guaranteed loser in McGrath

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4343 on: September 23, 2020, 03:38:11 PM »
Redirecting the SCOTUS discussion in here since little of it has to do with Trump

"Lying is ok because I'm not accountable to my own words" is not a stirring defense

It's always been about doing it because they could, the election year talking point was bullshit, and Dems need to stop appealing to some invisible referee. Failure to obstruct the pick, or unwillingness to expand the court in 2021 is unacceptable. As we've established, precedent is worthless, the only thing that matters is exercising what power you have to accomplish your goals.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4344 on: September 23, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »
Redirecting the SCOTUS discussion in here since little of it has to do with Trump

"Lying is ok because I'm not accountable to my own words" is not a stirring defense

It's always been about doing it because they could, the election year talking point was bullshit, and Dems need to stop appealing to some invisible referee. Failure to obstruct the pick, or unwillingness to expand the court in 2021 is unacceptable. As we've established, precedent is worthless, the only thing that matters is exercising what power you have to accomplish your goals.

Agree with all of this. Do you think the Dems would push it through if the shoe was on the other foot? Same exact situation dating back to 2016 with roles reversed
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4345 on: September 23, 2020, 05:16:12 PM »

Well fortunately they can't pass a freaking CR to save the gov't right now. Maybe the shutdown will act as a hinderance.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4346 on: September 23, 2020, 05:54:27 PM »
Well fortunately they can't pass a freaking CR to save the gov't right now. Maybe the shutdown will act as a hinderance.
Confirming a new justice before passing a 2021 budget would be a perfect cherry on the excrement sundae

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4347 on: September 23, 2020, 10:13:17 PM »

The difference being that the GOP senate utilized power that is directly in line with the Constitution whereas obstructing the pick and especially the odious notion of packing the court are not.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4348 on: September 23, 2020, 10:41:03 PM »
The difference being that the GOP senate utilized power that is directly in line with the Constitution whereas obstructing the pick and especially the odious notion of packing the court are not.

"Article III of the Constitution, which establishes the Judicial Branch, leaves Congress significant discretion to determine the shape and structure of the federal judiciary. Even the number of Supreme Court Justices is left to Congress — at times there have been as few as six, while the current number (nine, with one Chief Justice and eight Associate Justices) has only been in place since 1869. "

- whitehouse.gov

Adding seats is directly in line with the Constitution

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4349 on: September 24, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »

Tags: