Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644220 times)

ons and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3885 on: March 19, 2020, 10:16:30 PM »
I’d like to think economically minded people had the foresight to sell stock in an impending stock market crash
Sure but the notion that people up and sell entire portfolios to move to cash is pure and utter bullshit. I was in the institutional end for a long time. Only a few, very few funds, are even allowed to move to cash like that. So a small percentage sale is normal but an entire portfolio, nfw.

Most of this selling is the unwinding of leveraged positions and trades going south. Most trades and huge positions are linked and when one part of the trade goes bad they have to unwind everything. That's why the selloffs are massive or the resulting bounce is just as massive.

My guess is it will get worse before better. It will turn around when companies report light at the end of the tunnel. The turnaround will be more massive than the drop off and I plan on trading advantage of it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:24:04 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3886 on: March 19, 2020, 10:34:57 PM »
A wealthy Georgia senator is reportedly the second member of Congress to have dumped massive shares of stocks following a private, chamber-wide meeting on the new coronavirus.

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA), whose husband is the chairman and CEO of the New York Stock Exchange, began selling off more than a million dollars in stocks on the same day as the closed-door Senate meeting on Friday, Jan. 24, reports The Daily Beast.

Over the next three weeks, through Feb. 14, Loeffler made 27 sales worth between $1,275,000 and $3,100,000, before the market nosedived and her holdings’ values tanked.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #3887 on: March 19, 2020, 10:36:23 PM »
Sure but the notion that people up and sell entire portfolios to move to cash is pure and utter bullshit. I was in the institutional end for a long time. Only a few, very few funds, are even allowed to move to cash like that. So a small percentage sale is normal but an entire portfolio, nfw.

Most of this selling is the unwinding of leveraged positions and trades going south. Most trades and huge positions are linked and when one part of the trade goes bad they have to unwind everything. That's why the selloffs are massive or the resulting bounce is just as massive.

My guess is it will get worse before better. It will turn around when companies report light at the end of the tunnel. The turnaround will be more massive than the drop off and I plan on trading advantage of it.
Agreed. I’m ready to go all in early april

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3888 on: March 19, 2020, 10:45:27 PM »

That's what Badger had jsut posted.

They're worth over 500 million dollars, and her husband's head of the NYSE.

Selling less than 1% of their net worth worth of stock over the course of one month isn't particularly suspicious

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3889 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:28 PM »
Agreed. I’m ready to go all in early april

It's definitely nerve-wracking figuring out where the bottom is.

I'm far more concerned about missing the golden window, than losing anything

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3890 on: March 19, 2020, 10:56:55 PM »
It's definitely nerve-wracking figuring out where the bottom is.

I'm far more concerned about missing the golden window, than losing anything
The biggest misconception is picking tops and bottoms. The best investors ever never do and can't. They know when stuff is cheap and when it's expensive and act accordingly. This notion that you can pick the top or bottom is freaking dumb.

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3891 on: March 20, 2020, 12:33:54 AM »
This would be absolutely catastrophic if true. And set the tone for some seriously dark excrement ahead

Coronavirus: California estimates 25.5 million residents — 56% of the state — will get virus in next 8 weeks

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3892 on: March 20, 2020, 12:36:13 AM »
The biggest misconception is picking tops and bottoms. The best investors ever never do and can't. They know when stuff is cheap and when it's expensive and act accordingly. This notion that you can pick the top or bottom is freaking dumb.

Well I'm certainly not expecting to time the market

Rather utilizing a sensible approach with DCA buying as it drops. What I was talking about it having the market rapidly recover over a day or two. And basically start cranking towards DOW 100k

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3893 on: March 20, 2020, 12:59:44 AM »
Well I'm certainly not expecting to time the market

Rather utilizing a sensible approach with DCA buying as it drops. What I was talking about it having the market rapidly recover over a day or two. And basically start cranking towards DOW 100k

You miss a day you miss a day but what I quoted is pretty sensible and exactly what you should be doing.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3894 on: March 20, 2020, 01:54:27 AM »
You miss a day you miss a day but what I quoted is pretty sensible and exactly what you should be doing.

True but this is extreme volatility.

I mean I put a chunk of change in at dow 25,000 and in under a month it was at 18,000  compounded over 30 years that could make several hundred thousand dollars of a difference in returns

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3895 on: March 20, 2020, 06:31:10 AM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3896 on: March 20, 2020, 06:35:55 AM »
Fire her into the sun
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3897 on: March 20, 2020, 06:59:37 AM »
Fire her into the sun
If her statement is true, I don't think she did anything wrong.  There's probably plenty of other reasons to fire her into the sun though (after the hate f***, of course)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3898 on: March 20, 2020, 07:22:31 AM »
Odd that Diane Feinstein isn't mentioned in here, yet her and husband sold the most stock of all right before this 🤔

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3899 on: March 20, 2020, 07:23:49 AM »
Odd that Diane Feinstein isn't mentioned in here, yet her and husband sold the most stock of all right before this
Her $ was in a blind trust. She had zero control over what was bought and sold

Tags: