Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 642139 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »
Rant on:

I used to love McCain but he lost my vote for a few reasons one of which, he picked a freaking dipshit as a running mate. Palin should be working at a nail salon, that bitch is straight up freaking stupid. McCain is/was a hard as nails real life hero, he deserved better.

Now the Republican party is a caricature of a fascist, cross carrying Brown shirted tea party nut ball. They ain't getting my vote till they get some real people running that asylum. The tea party held a God damned gun to the country's head last month for no good reason other than ego. freak them a million times over.

I hear every freaking day complete morons at work tell me how great the tea party and republicans are and not once was it a legitimate concrete reason on how they will make this country better. All it amounts to is, " at least they aren't Obama". Just like Germans at one time said " at least this guy is younger than Hindenberg". freak that noise.

I am buying a box of grenades if I hear one more time how those mother fuckers are great Americans and people that don't buy their ignorant elitist rhetoric are liberals. freak those arrogant scumbags. I ain't no liberal and most people that despite the party that should be an alternative aren't as well.

Please just once, once can we get a party with a candidate and agenda that gives two shits what effects Americans and is tasked with making our lives better.

Oh and freak the Democrats as well.

Rant over:

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:00:29 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
McCain needed someone the conservatives could get behind. That was smart on his part too. Had the economy not started to shift downward, McCain would have had a legit shot. The country wanted a change.
Palin cost him more votes than she gained. Do you really think the conservative base wouldn't have voted for him with another running mate? This isn't exactly a group of very independent thinkers we're talking about. Who else were they going to vote for? Nader?

It was a disastrous move.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:51:38 AM by Badger »

Rexifer

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 08:27:48 AM »
Sounds like Christie is one step closer to becoming president

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/189378-nj-exit-polling-clinton-tops-christie-in-2016

CNN exit polls give the former secretary of State (Clinton) 50 percent support to Christie's 43 percent in his home state.

Doesn't sound closer to me. 

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
McCain is a little bit too insane for my liking as a presidential candidate, he's made a pretty fine senator most of his career, though. Even willing to go across party lines and get real work done on campaign finance reform (only for it to be gutted later on, of course).

I see Christie being the Republican candidate with the highest likelihood of getting stuff done and working Congress effectively instead of letting the party work him if he makes it to the White House - but I'm afraid that his personality and moderate record will wreck him in the primary.

But then again, I don't see any other serious candidates stepping forward on the Republican side.

I'm willing to commit to my belief that Hilary will not be the democratic candidate, though. Even though she polls better than everybody right now with her name recognition, I think people will tire of her really quickly considering how much time she's spent in presidential elections already in her career.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 08:39:16 AM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/189378-nj-exit-polling-clinton-tops-christie-in-2016

Doesn't sound closer to me.

Because New Jersey is the single most important swing state in the election

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
McCain is a little bit too insane for my liking as a presidential candidate, he's made a pretty fine senator most of his career, though. Even willing to go across party lines and get real work done on campaign finance reform (only for it to be gutted later on, of course).

McCain 2000 would have been awesome. By 2008 he seemed like a different person.

I'm willing to commit to my belief that Hilary will not be the democratic candidate, though. Even though she polls better than everybody right now with her name recognition, I think people will tire of her really quickly considering how much time she's spent in presidential elections already in her career.

Sort of reminds me of how a year ago everyone though Christine Quinn would be the next mayor of NYC. Then everyone got sick of her.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »
Palin cost him more votes than she gained. Do you really think the conservative base wouldn't have voted for him with another running mate? This isn't exactly a group of very independent thinkers we're talking about. Who else were they going to vote for? Nader?

It was a disastrous move.

Exactly x 1,000,000,000,000. Spot on Dan.

McCain was winning in 2000 until Little Georgie went attack dog in SC and just ran a dirtier seedier campaign. He (Little Goergie) was a great campaigner, I mean if a guy that beg borrowed and stole to get out of Vietnam, so he can snort coke off of hookers funbags can convince the country they are more of a patriot than a guy that was actually in Vietnam during the war, he is one hell of a campaigner, completely full of excrement, but a great campaigner. Man this country is in a huge mess because we voted for that idiot.

Is is possible Georgie Bush was Sarah Palins dad?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 09:16:24 AM »

Yep.  Exactly what I was getting at with my voting history post.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/11/nj_voters_approve_constitutional_amendment_raising_minimum_wage.html#incart_river

TRENTON — New Jersey voters overwhelmingly approved a ballot question today that will raise the minimum wage from $7.25 to $8.25 an hour in January and amends the state Constitution to tie future increases to inflation.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »
I'm fine with tying the minimum wage to inflation, but it shouldn't just be arbitrarily increased because "it's not enough" or some other stupid reason.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 10:28:03 AM »
I voted for McCain over Obama because I said during the campaign that there was absolutely no way he'd be able to keep most, if any, of his campaign promises. (It hurt to vote for Palin though.) Here we are half a decade later and Guantanamo is still open, we're still fighting a multiple front war in the Middle East, housing is only now starting to rebound (as well as arguably the job market, if you discount underemployment), and healthcare is a bigger mess today than it was 5 years ago.

Still, I voted for Obama over Romney. I don't believe a businessperson should be in charge of the country. I firmly believe that someone who has big ideals and speaks well should be President. In retrospect that would scream Obama, even in the first election, but I just felt like he was flat out lying to people as though we were all ignorant of reality (which he was...because generally Americans were).

I'm all for liberals in the White House and conservatives in Congress. That said, I'm as anti-tea party as a person could be. Ultra-idealism on either side is bad for us all. The old saying often used regarding food applies to the political theater as well: "Everything in moderation."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:25 AM »
I don't believe a businessperson should be in charge of the country. I firmly believe that someone who has big ideals and speaks well should be President.

That's absolutely ridiculous. That's basically the criteria my father votes for, and that's only because he grew up worshiping a dictator who spoke well and had big ideals. I'd like to think Americans are smarter than that.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 10:51:39 AM »
That's absolutely ridiculous. That's basically the criteria my father votes for, and that's only because he grew up worshiping a dictator who spoke well and had big ideals. I'd like to think Americans are smarter than that.

I'm so sorry my political ideals don't match yours. It certainly must be because I'm an idiot. I'll just ask you who to spend my vote on from now on so I don't get it wrong.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »
I'm so sorry my political ideals don't match yours. It certainly must be because I'm an idiot. I'll just ask you who to spend my vote on from now on so I don't get it wrong.

That would be great. Thanks!
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »

I'm fine with tying the minimum wage to inflation, but it shouldn't just be arbitrarily increased because "it's not enough" or some other stupid reason.

There are bigger issues than minimum wage which have caused the ever-growing income gap in this country.  I just hate the fact that corporations have been enabled to the point that they're able to pay less than a livable wage and pass the burden onto the American public.  We've made it far too easy for them to pad their coffers at the expense of workers both here and abroad.  It's like we decided maturing as a nation in the Progressive era was wrongheaded.

Tags: