Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 633956 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »
Reminds me of Obama. The guy ran a hell of a campaign.

I think Christie would be a great President. Hopefully by 2016 the Christian Conservatives won't kill his chances. Christie could very well take votes away from Hillary Clinton.

I agree with this.  As long as he doesn't have to go too far right to get the nomination he would have a chance.  He is a true moderate conservative.  To be honest, with as far right as the republicans have gone, the whole Clinton family could be considered moderate conservatives these days.

The only place where Christie could get called out is social issues.  His own supreme court shot down his veto on gay marriage, and the voters tonight shot down his veto of increasing the minimum wage.  Those are the types of issues that could come back to haunt him.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
Reminds me of Obama. The guy ran a hell of a campaign.

I think Christie would be a great President. Hopefully by 2016 the Christian Conservatives won't kill his chances. Christie could very well take votes away from Hillary Clinton.
Maybe if they pair him with a smart, level-headed guy for VP. But I don't trust that to happen. It would probably end up being some freaking dingbat meant to appeal to the crazies, thus rendering the ticket unelectable for me again.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »

...nonsense...

Wasnt big on Romney, but at least he was the only candidate to have a financial background.   Im actually not sure why people on the left hated him so much, he actually was relatively moderate in regards to the typical far right religious bullshit.

His financial background consisted of robbing people blind.  His political background consisted of working on a (very) short leash as governor of a blue state.  But that made him more qualified?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
His financial background consisted of robbing people blind.

He would fit in well with our government then, dont you think ?

And yes I would take a business leader, over a career politician everyday.

Because business leaders actually have to do a good job or they get fired.

Meanwhile politicians do excrement, and continue to do excrement for their entire lives.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »
Maybe if they pair him with a smart, level-headed guy for VP. But I don't trust that to happen. It would probably end up being some freaking dingbat meant to appeal to the crazies, thus rendering the ticket unelectable for me again.

It will be tough finding a good VP on either side.  There a couple great female VP options on the dem side, but I don't think a 2 female ticket would stand any chance at all.  If Booker is light's out the next couple years he could be a viable option.

The rep side is a bloody mess.  I have no idea where they would go.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the VP is a nonissue. Who cares? Biden was only selected to counter Obama's lack of foreign policy experience. Btw I always found it funny how the public and media blasted Palin for her lack of foreign policy experience yet completely ignored Obama's nonexistant expertise. You know, the guy actually running for the job.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 11:05:11 PM »
Because business leaders actually have to do a good job or they get fired.

How many times was Romney fired for running a business into the ground?  Oh, that's right.  NEVER.  They would just liquidate the company's assets and walk away a few million richer.

Seriously don't go there man.  You'll just look stupider than normal.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »
One of the names on the right most worth getting excited about imo is Carly Fiorina.

Shes a tough as balls chick, with some heavy business/finance knowledge who is all about simplifying the tax code and helping small businesses.

Cant say what her opinion on social issues are, but im not one of those freaking retards who thinks the single most important qualification for the leader of the free world is their opinion on sticking a plunger in your vagina or if two dudes should make out or not.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, the VP is a nonissue. Who cares? Biden was only selected to counter Obama's lack of foreign policy experience. Btw I always found it funny how the public and media blasted Palin for her lack of foreign policy experience yet completely ignored Obama's nonexistant expertise. You know, the guy actually running for the job.

The difference is that Palin is a moron and Obama is the opposite.  Obama chose Biden for just the reason you mentioned.  That's smart.  Palin offered nothing to McCain other than the crazy vote.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »
One of the names on the right most worth getting excited about imo is Carly Fiorina.

Shes a tough as balls chick, with some heavy business/finance knowledge who is all about simplifying the tax code and helping small businesses.

Cant say what her opinion on social issues are, but im not one of those freaking retards who thinks the single most important qualification for the leader of the free world is their opinion on sticking a plunger in your vagina or if two dudes should make out or not.

Actually, the last sentence is exactly what makes you a retard.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 11:11:32 PM »
The difference is that Palin is a moron and Obama is the opposite.  Obama chose Biden for just the reason you mentioned.  That's smart.  Palin offered nothing to McCain other than the crazy vote.

McCain needed someone the conservatives could get behind. That was smart on his part too. Had the economy not started to shift downward, McCain would have had a legit shot. The country wanted a change.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
How many times was Romney fired for running a business into the ground?  Oh, that's right.  NEVER.  They would just liquidate the company's assets and walk away a few million richer.

If people dont like Romneys political views thats more than fine, but dont insult the guy as a businessman. Hes absolutely freaking brilliant, guy has a doctorette in law from Harvard and and MBA in business from their. Then went on to make 250 million dollars +

Just because you dont approve of the way he made his money (dissolving companies) doesnt mean that he was an idiot. Its not like he was Bush who just inherited millions from his father

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 11:13:34 PM »
Actually, the last sentence is exactly what makes you a retard.

Because I dont have any respect for people who harp on social issues ?

Boo hoo

Says the guy who thinks Romney is a bad business man because he made hundreds of millions of dollars

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 11:14:57 PM »
Not that she'd ever come back to politics, but I would love to see Condolezza Rice back as Secretary of State, or even VP, but her talents would be wasted in that role. To be honest, I even think she'd make a good president.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 12:08:29 AM »
I voted for McCain.  Of course, that was in the 2000 primary...

Tags: