Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 643856 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
U.S. Politics
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
Cory Booker was elected to the Senate today, as if that race was ever in question.

In honor of that, I present my favorite moment of Hurricane Sandy:

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:36:43 PM »
I keep forgetting that I now live in New Jersey and should somewhat care about its politics.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
I keep forgetting that I now live in New Jersey and should somewhat care about its politics.
I liked Rush Holt more than Booker but I like Booker a lot more than Lonegan. Didn't matter since I can't vote in NJ anyway.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:45:13 PM »
NBC is calling Virginia for McAuliffe. As a card carrying pinko I'm glad that the state has rejected the right wing nutbar, but McAuliffe sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant character as well.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:56 PM »
NBC is calling Virginia for McAuliffe. As a card carrying pinko I'm glad that the state has rejected the right wing nutbar, but McAuliffe sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant character as well.

Did the real media report it yet?

NBC is pretty much the incarcerated bob of news media

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »
The only other place I've seen calling it is HuffPo, which means nothing.

Edit: Fox have apparently called it for McAuliffe as well.

Edit: And CNN.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:54:57 PM by Johnny English »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »
Sounds like Christie is one step closer to becoming president

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 09:18:42 PM »
Sounds like Christie is one step closer to becoming president

Still got a freak of a long way before then, but I'd love to see a candidate like Christie for the Republican party. I don't agree with all of his views but I respect his willingness to call out partisan bullshit for what it is, and I would think and hope that he could actually work with both sides of the house if he were successful. I fear that he'll get pilloried for being a RINO if or when he actually runs, though.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »
Cant say I know much about Christie's politics, but the guy is seemingly amiable, incredibly blunt,  and from what I can tell is one of the more moderate republicans

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:19 PM »
I don't think Christie is a viable option for President. Another guy who'd make a better candidate than actually holding the office.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »
I don't think Christie is a viable option for President. Another guy who'd make a better candidate than actually holding the office.

Thats what politics in this country have turned to

Obama, McCain, Palin

None of these people have any business being in the white house, they're just ideal candidates

Far as im concerned the US presidency has become no different from American Idol, its just freaking retarded

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »
Thats what politics in this country have turned to

Obama, McCain, Palin

None of these people have any business being in the white house, they're just ideal candidates

Far as im concerned the US presidency has become no different from American Idol, its just freaking retarded

Obama and McCain don't belong in the same thought as Palin.

McCain was and is now again a great senator.  If the nutballs hadn't forced him to go so far right he would have stood a chance.

Obama didn't have the pedigree or the experience, but he was the best choice to run in a weak derriere field.  Hillary wasn't ready yet at all.

At the end of the day Hillary will likely score a very close win over Christie in 2016.  Neither side has anyone else that could run with any hope of winning at this point.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 10:48:55 PM »

Reminds me of Obama. The guy ran a hell of a campaign.

I think Christie would be a great President. Hopefully by 2016 the Christian Conservatives won't kill his chances. Christie could very well take votes away from Hillary Clinton.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
Obama and McCain don't belong in the same thought as Palin.

McCain was and is now again a great senator.  If the nutballs hadn't forced him to go so far right he would have stood a chance.

Obama didn't have the pedigree or the experience, but he was the best choice to run in a weak derriere field.  Hillary wasn't ready yet at all.

At the end of the day Hillary will likely score a very close win over Christie in 2016.  Neither side has anyone else that could run with any hope of winning at this point.

Maybe Mcain doesnt, Obama definitely does.

Some gimmicky extremist bullshit, under qualified, purely in it because of their looks and personality (also because neither of them were white men)

The only reason he got elected was because people hated Bush, the only reason Palin got the nod was because McCain was extremely moderate and all the people on the right were pissed off (plus they needed someone who wasnt a  white male to go on the ticket)

I never liked McCain, still dont. The guy doesnt know dick about money (neither do any of names mentioned above)

Wasnt big on Romney, but at least he was the only candidate to have a financial background.   Im actually not sure why people on the left hated him so much, he actually was relatively moderate in regards to the typical far right religious bullshit.  (although his comments on "women" made him look pretty effing stupid)

I just hope that whoever the freak gets elected next has an advanced degree in finance/economics with some legitimate business experience. Im tired of this country being run by people who never in a million years could be CEO of a successful company
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:56:52 PM by dcm1602 »

Tags: