Author Topic: This Date In Jets History  (Read 121661 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: This Date In Jets History
« Reply #405 on: January 05, 2015, 09:09:19 AM »
Ah right January 4th 2003. That was an amazing experience. I used my entire paycheck to buy two tickets to that game.

Closest I ever came to an actual dumpster dive. I had bought playoff tickets a few weeks earlier even though it looked bleak, thinking the money would just roll into the following year. When we got the home game I went to the dumpster in my complex to see if I could spot my garbage bag which might have the stuff from the Jets. Instead of going in I realized I could call the Jets with my account number, which worked.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2015, 09:13:17 AM »
Closest I ever came to an actual dumpster dive. I had bought playoff tickets a few weeks earlier even though it looked bleak, thinking the money would just roll into the following year. When we got the home game I went to the dumpster in my complex to see if I could spot my garbage bag which might have the stuff from the Jets. Instead of going in I realized I could call the Jets with my account number, which worked.

But you dumpster dove anyway. lol
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #407 on: January 05, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »
But you dumpster dove anyway. lol

There was half a calzone in there.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #408 on: January 06, 2015, 02:48:57 AM »
January 6:
2002: Season finale, win at Oakland 24-22. Jets get Wild Card; Vinny 40 yd TD to Coles; Jason Glenn blocked punt TD; Hall winning 53 yd FG at gun. Jets finish 10-6.
2006: Head coach Herm Edwards traded to Kansas City after 5 seasons for 4th round draft pick.

Laveranues Coles, 2002:

John Hall kicks Jets into playoffs, 2002:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:50:30 AM by Italian Seafood »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #409 on: January 06, 2015, 09:18:34 AM »
Team Shrek! Such a depressing fall but that team was entertaining enough to get me through it. I'll never forget that john hall field goal.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #410 on: January 06, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
Team Shrek! Such a depressing fall but that team was entertaining enough to get me through it. I'll never forget that john hall field goal.

They had an idiot coaching them.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #411 on: January 06, 2015, 09:30:52 AM »

One of the biggest pressure kicks I've ever seen. Clock running down, 53 yards, on the road, season on the line. I know he missed a couple big ones in his career but he also made a lot, this being one of the biggest.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #412 on: January 06, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
They had an idiot coaching them.

As much as I initially laughed at this comment I had to abruptly stop when I realized just how true this is. Herm was inept and we all called the Chiefs impeding collapse when he got there.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #413 on: January 06, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
As much as I initially laughed at this comment I had to abruptly stop when I realized just how true this is. Herm was inept and we all called the Chiefs impeding collapse when he got there.

Literally he's a knucklehead. He is an engaging personality but it stops there, I think DCM has a better Football mind.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »
How did he even get hired? He was a DB coach the previous year. No experience.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »
How did he even get hired? He was a DB coach the previous year. No experience.

He can sell ice to an eskimo, Woody was a newb owner and listened to the wrong people. A veritable list of reasons. He wasted a few good Chad years and a better than decent roster.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #416 on: January 06, 2015, 12:21:47 PM »
He can sell ice to an eskimo, Woody was a newb owner and listened to the wrong people. A veritable list of reasons. He wasted a few good Chad years and a better than decent roster.

Chad made him look better than he is, too. Same can be said for Mangini and Sparano.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2015, 12:19:39 AM »
January 7:
1994: Jets fire head coach Bruce Coslet after 4 seasons, promote DC Pete Carroll to head coach.
2007: AFC 1st Round Playoff, loss at New England 37-16. Brady 212 yds, 2 TDs; Pennington 300 yds, TD (Cotchery), INT; Asante Samuel pick 6; Dillon rush TD.
2024: Season finale, win at New England 17-3. Breece Hall 37 rush, 178 yds, TD in snowstorm; Jets snap 15 game losing streak to NE, finish 7-10.

Breece Hall, 2024

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 04:47:58 PM by Italian Seafood »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #418 on: January 08, 2015, 12:00:49 AM »
January 8:
2005: AFC 1st Round Playoffs, win at San Diego 20-17 in OT. Pennington 279 yds, 2 TDs; Santana Moss 4 rec, 100 yds, TD; Drew Brees 2 TDs; Doug Brien winning FG.
2011: AFC 1st Round Playoffs, win at Indianapolis 17-16. Peyton Manning last game as Colt, 225 yds, TD; LaDianian Tomlinson 2 rush TDs; Nick Folk winning FG at gun.
2023: Season finale, loss at Miami 11-6. Defensive struggle featured no TDs and no turnovers, Miami late FG clinches Wild Card, Jets lose 6th in row, finish 7-10.

Doug Brien FG winning FG in OT, 2005:

LaDainian Tomlinson TD, 2011:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 03:34:02 PM by Italian Seafood »

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #419 on: January 08, 2015, 04:21:23 AM »
January 8:
2005: AFC 1st Round Playoffs, win at San Diego 20-17 in OT. Pennington 279 yds, 2 TDs; Santana Moss 4 rec, 100 yds, TD; Drew Brees 2 TDs; Doug Brien winning FG.
2011: AFC 1st Round Playoffs, win at Indianapolis 17-16. Peyton Manning last game as Colt, 225 yds, TD; LaDianian Tomlinson 2 rush TDs; Nick Folk winning FG at gun.

Jets at Chargers, AFC Playoffs, 2005:

Doug Brien FG winning FG in OT, 2005:

LaDainian Tomlinson TD, 2011:

Braylon Edwards sets up game winning FG, 2011:

Nick Folk winning FG, 2011:

That 2005 Charger game will always be special to me; we were taken through the whole gamut of emotions and even when we thought the game was iced at he gun Eric Barton did the unthinkable- ( Gastineau -esk) and hit Brees on the helmet. What a great game and what a great win - Pennington was masterful.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives