Author Topic: This Date In Jets History  (Read 121602 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: This Date In Jets History
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 09:41:04 AM »
SPYGATE

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Where's Cakes to give us the weather recollection?
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »
Isn't he staring at pitchers?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »

Every game was in the low 80s and partly cloudy. It's September.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 12:42:11 PM »

"I remember that is rained back then...when the droplets started hitting my face, I imagined that Bartolo Colon was giving me a golden shower.  IT FELT GOOD YOU NUMBNUT MOTHER FUCKER!"
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »
Haha probably one of my favorite threads of all time.
"Wrong!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
September 10:
1967: Opening day, 20-17 loss at Buffalo. Joe Namath to Don Maynard 2 TDs; Jack Kemp to Art Powell 2 TDs.
1978: Win at Buffalo, 21-20. Richard Todd 3 TD passes; Derrick Gaffney 5 rec, 108 yds, TD. Jets move to 2-0 in the AFC East.
1989: Opening day, home loss to New England 27-24. Pats led 21-0 2nd qtr, Jets led 24-21 late; Cedric Jones 8 rec, 148 yds.
1995: Home loss to Indianapolis, 27-24 in OT. Jets led 24-3 early 3rd qtr; Wayne Chrebet 1st career TD rec, Jets go 0-2.
2006: Opening day, 23-16 win at Tennessee. Head coaching debut for Eric Mangini, first game for Brick and Mangold.
2017: Opening day, 21-12 loss at Buffalo. Josh McCown 1st start as Jet, 187 yards passing, rush TD, 2 INT.
2018: Opening night, 48-17 win at Detroit on MNF. Sam Darnold NFL debut, 198 yds, 2 TD, pick-6 on 1st att, Crowell 102 yds, 2 TDs.

Sam Darnold, 2018

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 04:45:42 PM by Italian Seafood »
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
September 10:
2006: Opening day, 23-16 win at Tennessee. Head coaching debut for Eric Mangini, first game for Brick and Mangold.

First game I watched in college. I was with a friend who freaked out about the missed XP and wouldn't shut up about how it was going to come back to haunt us.

I mean, he wasn't wrong, since BUF was able to tie it at 16 as a result, but it was still annoying.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 10:35:18 AM »
First game I watched in college. I was with a friend who freaked out about the missed XP and wouldn't shut up about how it was going to come back to haunt us.

I mean, he wasn't wrong, since BUF was able to tie it at 16 as a result, but it was still annoying.

That was Pennington's first game back after the second surgery and winning his job back in camp. With a new coaching staff, rookies all over the field and no proven running back, he was huge that year.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 10:36:26 AM »
That was Pennington's first game back after the second surgery and winning his job back in camp. With a new coaching staff, rookies all over the field and no proven running back, he was huge that year.

I remember the new and improved super-strong Chad overthrowing Justin McCareins.

Can you imagine if some farce of a QB competition resulted in Chad getting injured behind the backup OL in a preseason game and being forced to start Clemens all year? Madness.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »
I was in Vegas for a conference. Woke up early to watch the game, was my last day in Vegas so was broke by that point. Didn't even have enough for a beer at the bar. Literally broke. Remember chad having a great game but the stupid defense kept letting the titans back in the game. At one point this other jets fan and I are screaming "what more does chad have to do?!" Like an idiot I also thought it would be a good idea to bring up the fact that we were both flying home on the 5 year anniversary of 911. Dudes response still sticks to me because of how awkward it was. I guess that's why I remember that game so vividly.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 10:52:59 AM »

I remember the new and improved super-strong Chad overthrowing Justin McCareins.

Can you imagine if some farce of a QB competition resulted in Chad getting injured behind the backup OL in a preseason game and being forced to start Clemens all year? Madness.

Except no one was really crying over Sanchez, yet chad getting hurt would've been a big deal.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 10:57:35 AM »
Except no one was really crying over Sanchez, yet chad getting hurt would've been a big deal.

Coming off two years with injuries and the team drafted his replacement in the second round.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »
Coming off two years with injuries and the team drafted his replacement in the second round.

Chad was no sure thing but he ended that competition early, the Jets had also brought in Patrick Ramsey as another option and Brooks Bollinger had finished the 2005 season.

In Sanchez's case it was a chance to go down the field, win a game and seal the job. It was bad luck that he got hurt, but injuries were never really an issue with him before. With Pennington you held your breath every time he dropped back to pass after a while.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:09:20 AM by Italian Seafood »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 11:09:01 AM »
I was in Vegas for a conference. Woke up early to watch the game, was my last day in Vegas so was broke by that point. Didn't even have enough for a beer at the bar. Literally broke.

Haha, nothing worse than being in Vegas after you're broke. All that good excrement to see and do and you just have to ride it out.