Author Topic: Buffalol  (Read 123981 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Buffalol
« Reply #900 on: June 04, 2020, 03:33:00 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #901 on: June 04, 2020, 03:47:31 PM »
That Ashley seems like a real bo diddley.

Why?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #902 on: June 04, 2020, 03:54:27 PM »
Why?

She just kinda lmao's and haha's through a direct confrontation with Fromm and then posts it online and pats herself on the back for doing so.  Feels a little bo diddley to me.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #903 on: June 04, 2020, 04:01:55 PM »
It does make her seem a little disingenuous but I get her reasoning for doing it.

Calling out Jake Fromm isn’t going to end racism or even help the movement much in and of itself. The point is to not keep excusing comments like that.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #904 on: June 04, 2020, 04:07:12 PM »
She just kinda lmao's and haha's through a direct confrontation with Fromm and then posts it online and pats herself on the back for doing so.  Feels a little bo diddley to me.

She doesn't immediately call him out with a "bro, not cool, walk that back" but it's not like she's joining in with the joke either. I know I've sometimes not responded when someone has said something off colour (no pun intended) for a variety of reasons - in a football (soccer) crowd when I realise that my principled stand is going to get me filled in by the gorilla who just said it, when it's a member of my wife's family at a big function and I don't want a scene (although in fairness if she had heard it there would be an almighty freaking scene), or simply because it takes a minute to process "did he actually just say what I think I heard?"

Maybe she feels like she's correcting a wrong that has rankled her for a while. Maybe she's out for her 15 minutes of fame. Maybe he fucked her and dumped her and she's been waiting to serve revenge. Any which way, it's not on her. We all bear sole responsibility for the things we say.

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #905 on: June 04, 2020, 04:28:44 PM »
It does make her seem a little disingenuous but I get her reasoning for doing it.

Calling out Jake Fromm isn’t going to end racism or even help the movement much in and of itself. The point is to not keep excusing comments like that.

She doesn't immediately call him out with a "bro, not cool, walk that back" but it's not like she's joining in with the joke either. I know I've sometimes not responded when someone has said something off colour (no pun intended) for a variety of reasons - in a football (soccer) crowd when I realise that my principled stand is going to get me filled in by the gorilla who just said it, when it's a member of my wife's family at a big function and I don't want a scene (although in fairness if she had heard it there would be an almighty freaking scene), or simply because it takes a minute to process "did he actually just say what I think I heard?"

Maybe she feels like she's correcting a wrong that has rankled her for a while. Maybe she's out for her 15 minutes of fame. Maybe he fucked her and dumped her and she's been waiting to serve revenge. Any which way, it's not on her. We all bear sole responsibility for the things we say.

Yeah, I guess I don't really disagree on anything here.  I think if racist gorilla or sexist cousin lost their jobs for some excrement they said, then that's ultimately on them.  But I do think that if instead of expressing your displeasure directly, you emailed Gorilla HR, then you're a bit of queynte.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #906 on: June 04, 2020, 05:05:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/Prez/status/1268625313724071936\\

Jamal Adams
@Prez
·
32m
You and Drew aren’t really sorry.
Save the bullshit derriere apologies. The truth just came out, and you two aren’t the only ones!
Quote Tweet

"The truth came out"

Jamal, freak you.  This is absolutist bullshit that because Fromm made a freaking dumb joke, like I'm sure Jamal has never joked about wypipo, he's just smart enough not to do it on a public forum.

Brees has done more for black people in New Orleans then Jamal could freaking comprehend. And rotoworld's assertion that Fromm should get cut for this is retroactive justice that should be reserved for the likes of Donald Sterling where its a clear pattern.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #907 on: June 04, 2020, 05:10:22 PM »
Gonna take an unnecessary stand here: if you support adding prohibitively high taxes on guns and ammo then your position on the matter isn't materially different from Fromm's.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #908 on: June 04, 2020, 05:11:43 PM »
I thought Fromm getting cut by the Bills was something the sister said had already been mentioned to Fromm by the Bills.

I don’t know enough about him to say this is a pattern but I don’t know enough to say it’s not. Either way that was a really stupid joke on several levels.

Jamal Adams might know more about an SEC QB than anyone on this forum.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #909 on: June 04, 2020, 05:14:48 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #910 on: June 04, 2020, 05:19:34 PM »
Maybe Fromm just wants off the Bills.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #911 on: June 04, 2020, 05:29:25 PM »
Gonna take an unnecessary stand here: if you support adding prohibitively high taxes on guns and ammo then your position on the matter isn't materially different from Fromm's.

Did anyone actually propose that as some form of gun control? Or at least, anyone with a rudimentary grasp of economics?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #912 on: June 04, 2020, 05:45:36 PM »
Did anyone actually propose that as some form of gun control? Or at least, anyone with a rudimentary grasp of economics?

Wasn’t jacking up the price of bullets so you have to save up to shoot someone a Chris Rock bit?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #913 on: June 04, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »

jfc

Oh I'm sorry, am I not supposed to read TheRoot #elevateblackvoices.

I'm sure Jamal has never ever made a dumb joke like that in his life. The only difference is Fromm was dumb enough to post it. That makes him a freaking dumbass, it doesn't mean he holds some racial animosity. And again. Brees has done more for black people than Jamal has in inner-city New Orleans. So yeah, I love Prez, but I don't agree with him at all here. I still want the man paid like a lover of the older lady.

I don't know where it falls on an overton window where our paths collide as some beautiful marriage of Marx and Mussolini, but it always makes me smile.

Wasn’t jacking up the price of bullets so you have to save up to shoot someone a Chris Rock bit?

Bullet control!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #914 on: June 04, 2020, 05:52:36 PM »
I don't know where it falls on an overton window where our paths collide as some beautiful marriage of Marx and Mussolini, but it always makes me smile.

Not sure it's really an Overton question as it's not so much a political perspective that makes taxation as a form of gun control a stupid idea as one of rationality, and there are rational people right across the spectrum. There are economic answers to effective gun control, but this isn't it.