Author Topic: NCAA Football 2014 Week 2  (Read 13662 times)

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
Re: NCAA Football 2014 Week 2
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2014, 05:47:36 PM »
What a way to end....

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »
I take it back, that's more hilarious
Need a new one for a new board...

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »
It'd be mildly hilarious if Stanford scores a TD here given the ridiculous number of times they have fucked up and begged USC to take this game from them.

They certainly gave them this game.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
NCAA Football 2014 Week 2
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2014, 05:52:27 PM »
Big, big win for USC. Cody Kessler has a lot of good traits at QB, a lot to like as a pro prospect in 2016 as a three year starter.

And Nelson Agholar is a beast.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:53:58 PM by Cane »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
Big, big win for USC. Cody Kessler has a lot of good traits at QB, a lot to like as a pro prospect in 2016 as a three year starter.

USC is a dark horse National Title contender.

I really like Kessler - he's always done a great job of taking care of the football.  Deceptive athlete back there (average 20 points per game in very strong HS basketball conference). 

Buck Allen is such a consistent player.

And Nelson Agholar is a beast.

Agholor's an elite athlete, but he doesn't catch the ball cleanly a lot (double catches).  Still his game will translate to the NFL and he could be a big time playmaker for somebody. 

Juju Smith is going to be a big time pro prospect.  I thought they'd have him at corner. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:03:34 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2014, 06:02:22 PM »
I hate Oregon

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2014, 06:04:44 PM »

I really like Kessler - he's always done a great job of taking care of the football.  Deceptive athlete back there (average 20 points per game in very strong HS basketball conference). 

Agholor's an elite athlete, but he doesn't catch the ball cleanly a lot (double catches).  Still his game will translate to the NFL and he could be a big time playmaker for somebody. 

Juju Smith is going to be a big time pro prospect.  I thought they'd have him at corner.

What i like about Kessler is that he spots the ball well and always keeps his eyes downfield, even under pressure. If Winston/Hundley had those positives we wouldn't be wondering about their true value.

That said, Oregon MSU has a battle of two guys who could go 1-2 if they both continue to progress through the year.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2014, 06:06:27 PM »
I think it's highly unlikely if Cook is going to make mistakes like that INT into nearly quadruple coverage.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »
I think it's highly unlikely if Cook is going to make mistakes like that INT into nearly quadruple coverage.

Mistakes happen.  He did have his WR, but he threw it high.  Could have got his WR killed though.

I really like Cook's release though.   

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 06:16:08 PM »
Mistakes happen.  He did have his WR, but he threw it high.  Could have got his WR killed though.

I really like Cook's release though.   

I don't mean it to sound like cook is terrible because of one pass, but it's just highly unlikely he goes #2.

Also he seems like the kind of guy that won't be ready to play day 1 and as a result of which I wouldn't be shocked to see him as a 2nd-3rd round pick on draft day. But clearly there's lots of time left, and tons of room to grow up. Part of that is because of the sheer # of QBs that could finish ahead of him.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »

Not unless every tough team on the schedule hands them the game.  Congrats to USC, but they certainly didn't win that game without an inordinate amount of help from the Cardinal.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
That cut back by Langford was just beautiful

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »
I don't mean it to sound like cook is terrible because of one pass, but it's just highly unlikely he goes #2.

Also he seems like the kind of guy that won't be ready to play day 1 and as a result of which I wouldn't be shocked to see him as a 2nd-3rd round pick on draft day. But clearly there's lots of time left, and tons of room to grow up. Part of that is because of the sheer # of QBs that could finish ahead of him.

I am certainly not putting him at #2, or even 2nd or 3rd round pick.  I really don't know much about him, as I don't have nearly enough time to know every single player on every college football team like some claim to.  I tend to watch players that may come out for the draft.  I will be watching this cook kid,as he looks pretty damn good. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2014, 06:37:36 PM »
Breaking News:  Mike Davis is good

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2014, 06:57:56 PM »

I wouldn't mind having a discussion about it, but you really didn't give any reasons for your thought beyond one bad throw. He's got arm, size, and athleticism, plus he looks better mechanically than most QBs on the list. Not to mention if we're talking readiness to play, this is not the year to be questioning a guy that comes from a more traditional offense. 

Tags: