Author Topic: Auction Draft Strategy  (Read 2224 times)

casman02

• Chad Pennington
Auction Draft Strategy
« on: August 23, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »
So apparently this is the style draft my work uses. I know the basics, but have never actually done one. Any of you guys have any general strategies for this style? I imagine creating a few teams based on the espn projected value of each player but anything else would help.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Auction Draft Strategy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 01:24:16 PM »
Blow all your money on the first guy.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
So apparently this is the style draft my work uses. I know the basics, but have never actually done one. Any of you guys have any general strategies for this style? I imagine creating a few teams based on the espn projected value of each player but anything else would help.

What are the score settings? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
What are the score settings? 

Looks to be standard with minor bonuses. (1 pt for 100 yard rusher, etc.) non ppr

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
Looks to be standard with minor bonuses. (1 pt for 100 yard rusher, etc.) non ppr

I would go to espn and do a few mocks to get some practice with it. I've never done an auction for a league, but i did a few mocks just to try it out, not my thing.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »
Mocks aren't the best representation of what an auction will actually be like, but I'd still do one on whatever site your league is run on, just so you have some idea of what you're getting into, and what your team will look like. Just expect 75% or more of the 'people' in your mock to be computers/autopickers.

My auction strategy is typically to go cheap at tight end and QB. I'd rather get a Jay Cutler or Tony Romo for a few dollars than Peyton for big money. Same with tight end. Whereas in a redraft, I might take Graham in round 1, in an auction, I'd rather save that extra money to load up on elite RBs and WRs, then get some cheap tight ends for a dollar, maybe pair up a Martellus Bennett and a Travis Kelce.

Tags: