Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 8403 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »
I thought we stopped funding NASA?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:57 PM »
The amount we paid in higher interest rates on government bonds alone offset the money saved by the last 2 years of this nonsense.

Just glad it's over.  As the true financial fallout actually settles in, I am pretty sure we've seen the last of brinkmanship for quite a while.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »
I thought we stopped funding NASA?

Nope. It's the smallest percentage of the entire federal budget, but it is still funded by the government of the United States.

I do recall there being a call to defund NASA in the recent past but that's been requested before and never done. It likely won't be either. NASA actually turns a profit and has a return on investment for every State in the Union. It would be ridiculous to defund it.

(Full disclaimer: I have, in the past, called for a defunding of NASA. Since then I've learned that they are consistently profitable and are responsible for more advances than we see, especially weather-wise. I'm 100% behind NASA today.)
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: