Author Topic: MMA Thread  (Read 53879 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: MMA Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2021, 08:46:18 AM »
really like that the mma offers two amazing nigerian fighters in usman and adesanya

Amen

https://twitter.com/animescoops/status/1315970944440045568?s=21

Israel Adesanya is the best pound for pound fighter in MMA right now. For a while now actually.

Kamaru Usman is right there with him.

Jon Jones holds that title for me when he’s actively fighting/in shape.

freak khabib
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2021, 08:54:14 AM »
Amen

Lol what.

Usman scratched out his win vs Colby and refuses to give him a return shot.

And you wanna say he's as dominant as Khabib?

Israel Adesanya is an absolute force.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2021, 09:09:27 AM »
Lol what.

Usman scratched out his win vs Colby and refuses to give him a return shot.

And you wanna say he's as dominant as Khabib?

Israel Adesanya is an absolute force.

Colby sucks.

Khabib is obviously dominant but not fun to watch for me. Definitely not when compared to the others I mentioned. I hate watching Daniel Cormier fight too.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2021, 09:11:56 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKBvLgm02c4

Usman scratching out a win lol

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:15:39 AM by IATA »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »
COVINGTON WON THE ELECTION!!!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2021, 10:43:05 AM »
The fight was literally even up going into the final round, but I get that we like to rewrite history to fill shitty narratives.

Anyway, Colby sucks, but Usman is dominant even though he went into the championship rounds and had the fight gone to a decision could've very well lost when he fought Colby.

Fantastic logic.

lolwut

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1206103220235513859?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1206103220235513859%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportskeeda.com%2Fmma%2Fnews-when-ufc-champion-kamaru-usman-left-colby-covington-broken-jaw-retribution-excessive-smack-talk

https://twitter.com/BigSE5/status/1206105076185493504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1206105076185493504%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportskeeda.com%2Fmma%2Fnews-when-ufc-champion-kamaru-usman-left-colby-covington-broken-jaw-retribution-excessive-smack-talk

2 knockdowns and a series of un-answered hammer fists, but you keep having that fantasy in your head

not to mention he's only beaten tyron woodley since then, wow amazing. that totally deserves another shot, beating a broken down shell of a fighter who hasnt won in 4 fights. title town!

He deserves a shot because he was the champion and had taken the supposed "dominant' force in the division to 5 rounds. That's why he deserves a shot. I love how we're going to pretend a fight wasn't extremely competitive by showing the last seconds of it.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2021, 10:59:48 AM »
COVINGTON WON THE ELECTION!!!

...One judge had the fight 3-1 Covington going into the final round. Yes, much dominance from Usman.

"Hey guys, I made a reference in another thread knocking mj2's political outlook, amicool yet?"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2021, 11:09:05 AM »
...One judge had the fight 3-1 Covington going into the final round. Yes, much dominance from Usman.

"Hey guys, I made a reference in another thread knocking mj2's political outlook, amicool yet?"

You brought up Covington in a post that wasn’t about him, clearly because you are obsessed with him because he is a MAGA butt boy

Usman is actually ranked by the UFC as the #4 pound for pound fighter, after Khabib, Jones, and Adesanya, which is almost literally word for word the post that you responded to.

https://www.ufc.com/rankings

“Hurr durr shitty narratives” get a new line man

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2021, 11:10:33 AM »
The fight was literally even up going into the final round, but I get that we like to rewrite history to fill shitty narratives.

Anyway, Colby sucks, but Usman is dominant even though he went into the championship rounds and had the fight gone to a decision could've very well lost when he fought Colby.

Fantastic logic.

He deserves a shot because he was the champion and had taken the supposed "dominant' force in the division to 5 rounds. That's why he deserves a shot. I love how we're going to pretend a fight wasn't extremely competitive by showing the last seconds of it.
I never said it wasn't competitive, but fact is he lost and hasn't done anything to worthy of earning another shot. You don't often see immediate rematches anymore, unless it's a controversial decision, which this wasn't.

Fighting Woodley was fun and he needed the win, but Woodley isn't on the cusp of another shot either.

Masvidal has more of a case for a rematch now, short camp and a solid enough showing.

I'd like to see Colby fight masvidal for the least likeable fighter title, winner gets Usman rematch.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2021, 03:25:36 PM »
You brought up Covington in a post that wasn’t about him, clearly because you are obsessed with him because he is a MAGA butt boy

Usman is actually ranked by the UFC as the #4 pound for pound fighter, after Khabib, Jones, and Adesanya, which is almost literally word for word the post that you responded to.

https://www.ufc.com/rankings

“Hurr durr shitty narratives” get a new line man

Jesus fuckin christ.

YOU were the one that said Usman is "dominant."  I brought up Covington as an example of how he's not. In your own words, Covington sucks (indicating that if there's an obsession via political basis here, its not me but I digress), yet he was by any objective measure very much into their fight if not winning it going into the last round.

YOU were the one that went to politics.

Masvidal has openly supported Trump, so the idea that I'd want Colby to get the next shot sort of disrupts, once again, your shitty freaking narrative.

So get the freak off my johnson and stop sounding like a retard when I take issue with one of your opinions because you haven't gotten over whatever I said months ago at this point. Or don't. I don't care.

I never said it wasn't competitive, but fact is he lost and hasn't done anything to worthy of earning another shot. You don't often see immediate rematches anymore, unless it's a controversial decision, which this wasn't.

Fighting Woodley was fun and he needed the win, but Woodley isn't on the cusp of another shot either.

Masvidal has more of a case for a rematch now, short camp and a solid enough showing.

I'd like to see Colby fight masvidal for the least likeable fighter title, winner gets Usman rematch.

FFS as much as I like Masvidal and appreciate Colby's MAGA heel shtick, thereby disagreeing with the last sentence, this is a reasonable and hard to argue with take as to why Colby hasn't received a return shot. In a division struggling to come up with anything but rematches at this point for the champ, I would think the guy who gave him his toughest test and was the champ before him goes to the front of the line, but that also would be punishing someone else for taking a fight on six days notice.

His fight against a very faded Tyrone Woodley did nothing for me either, but aside from fighting Masvidal or Burns, or waiting for Edwards, there's not much he can do. I wouldn't fight Leon Edwards on a limited camp either. Even if he wins, the upside is limited considering Edwards layoff, its not hard for those so inclined to nitpick with "well he fought a rusty fighter."

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2021, 08:53:39 PM »
I hate to say it, but Colby is a great fighter. I had bets on Colby to beat Woodley if that fight ever happened for a title, but by the time they fought, everyone realized Colby was clearly better.

Kamaru is a stud. He's #4 P4P according to the UFC behind Khabib, Jones and Adesanya. I think that's fair.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2021, 08:28:16 PM »