Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 353348 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #3510 on: September 22, 2020, 12:59:40 PM »
The facts?

Zimmerman literally stalked him down the street, attempted to jump him without cause, and then got his derriere kicked.  Those are the facts. 

Zimmerman stalked him, likely profiling him by race, can't remember if they knew each other or not. If I remember right he called the real cops and Trayvon jumped him, which resulted in the shooting.

I'm not here to stick up for Zimmerman, my point was the media and the president jumped in to polarize it before the facts were known. NBC literally edited the 911 call and the media purposely ran with an outdated picture of Martin to create the narrative and cause a racial divide. That's to be expected of the media but disappointing on the part of Obama, in my opinion.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #3511 on: September 22, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
he called the cops who told him not to pursue trayvon but he did anyways, and trayvon ended up dead.

trayvon committed no crimes that night. are you really here saying he deserved to die because he beat up a guy who was accosting him for no reason in the middle of the night who had a gun?

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3512 on: September 22, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »
he called the cops who told him not to pursue trayvon but he did anyways, and trayvon ended up dead.

trayvon committed no crimes that night. are you really here saying he deserved to die because he beat up a guy who was accosting him for no reason in the middle of the night who had a gun?

Did I say that? No, I didn't.

I said if you attack a guy with a gun, justified or not, you risk getting shot, regardless of your color. I also said the media and the president stoked racial tensions, when this was a case of one guy being an poopchute and another taking a stupid chance.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #3513 on: September 22, 2020, 01:21:09 PM »
all you've been doing is defending zimmerman saying it was media spin to make his killing of an innocent black teen look bad/look racial while justifying it by saying that trayvon was actually bigger than zimmerman who, again, was 100+ pounds bigger than trayvon and like 13 years older than him, and an adult, and calling trayvon dumb for defending himself against a guy who was following him in the middle of the night for no reason because he should have known he had a gun, that he should have known would be used against him even if he had committed no crime lol.

i don't know.....kind of looks like....you're doing all you can to defend zimmerman's actions while belittling the life and the death of an innocent black teen who'd done no crime that night. we get it. you're not racist. you actually value black lives, more so than anybody here does. we get it

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3514 on: September 22, 2020, 01:41:29 PM »
all you've been doing is defending zimmerman saying it was media spin to make his killing of an innocent black teen look bad/look racial while justifying it by saying that trayvon was actually bigger than zimmerman who, again, was 100+ pounds bigger than trayvon and like 13 years older than him, and an adult, and calling trayvon dumb for defending himself against a guy who was following him in the middle of the night for no reason because he should have known he had a gun, that he should have known would be used against him even if he had committed no crime lol.

i don't know.....kind of looks like....you're doing all you can to defend zimmerman's actions while belittling the life and the death of an innocent black teen who'd done no crime that night. we get it. you're not racist. you actually value black lives, more so than anybody here does. we get it

You're putting words in my mouth, I'm not belittling anyone. I'm saying a 17 year old kid made a bad judgement in jumping a guy who had a gun. Young people do stupid things, doesn't mean I think he deserved to die, doesn't make me a racist to point out that a kid who is black made a dumb move. He did, sorry, it got him killed.

Zimmerman was a grown man playing cop and messing with a kid that was none of his business, no problem with him getting his derriere kicked. That said, even if you deserve to get your derriere kicked, if you have a gun on you and someone is beating your head into a sidewalk, you're likely going to shoot the guy.

All that aside, my bringing it up is about the media and the president stoking racial division and skewing the facts to create a victim narrative. Zimmerman was not an authority figure and not part of any system. He was one poopchute who may or may not have been a racist. But why the need to doctor the 911 call if you're NBC and the actual facts give you the race narrative that you're looking for? Why insert yourself if you're the president and you don't know what happened? The assumption we all had from the media was Trayvon as a 12 year old, until the court case when the lawyers had the cutouts showing the size of each guy. So that amount of misinformation for that amount of time contributed greatly to the decline in race relations, in my opinion. Once incident between two guys.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 01:45:48 PM by Italian Seafood »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3515 on: September 22, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »
I said if you attack a guy with a gun, justified or not, you risk getting shot, regardless of your color.

He didn't attack Zimmerman.  He was defending himself.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3516 on: September 22, 2020, 01:59:07 PM »
He didn't attack Zimmerman.  He was defending himself.

Possibly. Again, I'm not trying to re-litigate that, my point is about the toxic polarization from the media and the president, and how detrimental it was.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3517 on: September 22, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3518 on: September 22, 2020, 02:04:08 PM »
Also, here is why it's frustrating to talk about this stuff with you guys:

I didn't take any side...

Again, I didn't take anyone's side, the facts are what they are. Zimmerman put himself in that position by playing cop...

Zimmerman stalked him, likely profiling him by race...

I'm not here to stick up for Zimmerman...

all you've been doing is defending zimmerman saying it was media spin

I get the feeling you're seeing what you want to see and not getting where I'm coming from.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3521 on: September 22, 2020, 05:12:52 PM »
I expect to see a lot of fires in Louisville if they announce no charges.

That will accomplish a lot.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3522 on: September 22, 2020, 05:14:01 PM »
That will accomplish a lot.

This kind of attitude is part of the reason why the goddamn fires are being started in the first place. 

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3523 on: September 22, 2020, 05:29:06 PM »
This kind of attitude is part of the reason why the goddamn fires are being started in the first place. 

So you're pro fire? Seriously, who does that help? Hasn't it been mostly black neighborhoods and businesses getting burned down in a lot of cities? I'm not even trying to start another argument, I just don't get how rational people support this.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3524 on: September 22, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »
So you're pro fire? Seriously, who does that help?

No, I'm not pro-fire or pro-violence, but I understand why it's happening.