Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 353884 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 11:42:49 AM »
Multiple witnesses say there was a shot inside the police cruiser, then Brown ran about 20 feet away from the car, and the cop shot and hit him.  Then he turned and put his hands in the air...that's when he fired three to five more shots and killed him.

The cop is not right here.
I never said the cop was right, just that this guy almost certainly isn't an innocent victim.

Do I think he deserved to die, very likely not. But I'm certainly not going to give a excrement either

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »
From overseas it looks like the US is in anarchy. The foreign media is eating this up.

Btw the sensationalism surrounding this story is ridiculous. Some bundle of sticks interviewed said that it's against the law to be black in America. Ugh.

During the Zimmerman trial, they interviewed some woman on the street in NY nearly in tears, crying about the epidemic of black boys being shot by white men.

wat

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »
I never said the cop was right, just that this guy almost certainly isn't an innocent victim.

Do I think he deserved to die, very likely not. But I'm certainly not going to give a excrement either

The fact that you need to keep harping on this just makes it seem like you want justify the action.

I'm not holding any candlelight vigils for Brown. I just want the cop to face the consequences of his actions.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »
But I'm certainly not going to give a excrement either

Should the United States execute every person that's ever been charged with shoplifting?  Now I know this is a little more than shoplifting, but it was still an unarmed crime.

Getting in trouble for this may have pushed his life down another path.  We'll never know. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »
During the Zimmerman trial, they interviewed some woman on the street in NY nearly in tears, crying about the epidemic of black boys being shot by white men.

wat

the white men caught the disease from the black boys shooting other black boys

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2014, 11:49:14 AM »
Should the United States execute every person that's ever been charged with shoplifting?  Now I know this is a little more than shoplifting, but it was still an unarmed crime.

Getting in trouble for this may have pushed his life down another path.  We'll never know.
No, but people shouldn't be rioting over a person who  commits crimes and was shot DURING the process of assaulting a police officer.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2014, 11:51:46 AM »
No, but people shouldn't be rioting over a person who  commits crimes and was shot DURING the process of assaulting a police officer.

He was shot standing 20 feet away from the police officer. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2014, 11:57:45 AM »
He was shot standing 20 feet away from the police officer.
Was the first shot not fired from within the police vehicle?

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »

which would further show that he shot the kid, the kid ran out of fear, got hit again, and then surrendered, unarmed, after no longer posing any threat. and was met with more bullets.

*sigh* im done

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
which would further show that he shot the kid, the kid ran out of fear, got hit again, and then surrendered, unarmed, after no longer posing any threat. and was met with more bullets.

*sigh* im done

How do we know that Brown didn't fire the cop's gun? 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2014, 12:02:50 PM »

Yes, but five more shots were fired when the kid's hands were supposedly up. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
Anyone else notice the similarities between public reactions to things like this and the Middle East?

Basically, you can only kill other people who look like you. No one cares about black on black or Arab on Arab violence, but the second an Israeli soldier or white guy gets involved all hell breaks loose.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
There are a few things completely wrong with this thread.

The big reason this story broke nationally isn't because an innocent unarmed man was shot. It broke because in the wake of protests in response to that incident, the police force used excessive measures against clearly innocent people and even went so far as to ignore the Constitution of the United States regarding freedom of the press.

I argue all the time that freedom of the press is abused by entities like sports media and TMZ. In this case, this was a true violation of reporters' right to report on the news.

As for the idea of riots and looting, so far, that's been disputed by the people of the area. Given that last night, in the wake of the highway patrol taking over the oversight of the situation from the St Louis police force, there wasn't a single arrest I find it hard to blindly accept the word of the police regarding violence.

There are multiple eyewitnesses to the original incident who have yet to have been spoken to by investigators. Whether Brown is guilty of a previous crime or not, he was killed in front of witnesses. We're not talking about poor police work here, we're talking about willful ignorance of evidence.

This is on top of the fact that anyone with any sanity should be able to admit that the use of a substance which is internationally banned from war, yet not against domestic targets (tear gas) is absolutely over the top here. Not that rubber bullets spraying innocent people isn't as well.

But the cherry on top is the fact that a local police force in the United States of America not only has access to, but actively used, a tank built specifically to withstand the effects of landmines. On an American street.

What exactly does a local police department need better tactical gear than our troops on the ground in Afghanistan for?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »
Yes, but five more shots were fired when the kid's hands were supposedly up.

that would be my response when you ask me if Brown reached for the cops gun.

there will be no proof of that other than the cop saying that. so i take that with a grain of salt.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2014, 12:39:01 PM »
There are a few things completely wrong with this thread.

The big reason this story broke nationally isn't because an innocent unarmed man was shot. It broke because in the wake of protests in response to that incident, the police force used excessive measures against clearly innocent people and even went so far as to ignore the Constitution of the United States regarding freedom of the press.

I argue all the time that freedom of the press is abused by entities like sports media and TMZ. In this case, this was a true violation of reporters' right to report on the news.

As for the idea of riots and looting, so far, that's been disputed by the people of the area. Given that last night, in the wake of the highway patrol taking over the oversight of the situation from the St Louis police force, there wasn't a single arrest I find it hard to blindly accept the word of the police regarding violence.

There are multiple eyewitnesses to the original incident who have yet to have been spoken to by investigators. Whether Brown is guilty of a previous crime or not, he was killed in front of witnesses. We're not talking about poor police work here, we're talking about willful ignorance of evidence.

This is on top of the fact that anyone with any sanity should be able to admit that the use of a substance which is internationally banned from war, yet not against domestic targets (tear gas) is absolutely over the top here. Not that rubber bullets spraying innocent people isn't as well.

But the cherry on top is the fact that a local police force in the United States of America not only has access to, but actively used, a tank built specifically to withstand the effects of landmines. On an American street.

What exactly does a local police department need better tactical gear than our troops on the ground in Afghanistan for?

to quell any future rebellion. theyll match citizens assault rifles with tanks and drones.

but thats a different discussion entirely