Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 353677 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #3780 on: June 19, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »
Conservatives are probably a little uneasy about the left creating new curriculums after they had been making a push to teach the last few years that you can change your gender anytime you want.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3781 on: June 19, 2021, 08:49:14 AM »
Conservatives are probably a little uneasy about the left creating new curriculums after they had been making a push to teach the last few years that you can change your gender anytime you want.

The self own in this post is spectacular.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3782 on: June 19, 2021, 01:57:16 PM »
Heyyyyy wait a second.
https://johnmcwhorter.substack.com/p/you-are-not-a-racist-to-criticize

The idea that its merely conservatives taking issue with this is as flagrantly false as certain assertions that this isn't being taught in public schools.

As indicated in Loudon County Virginia, if anyone is being targeted its parents speaking out against this insidious nonsense being spewed as fact with absolutely no room for dissent.

I appreciate John McWhorter tremendously, I own a couple of his books from my undergrad days and go back to them with relative frequency, his etymological work on Black English is fascinating, and I'd be thrilled to read more of his content around the continued blending/utilization of Black English in 'influencer culture'. I think he fails to take the larger view in his examination of CRT, however, because of his own stakes in his personal and professional narrative. The arguments that you are coopting through him and that video link are critical race theory. The idea that a social ideology ("woke activism") combined with an intersection of institutions and laws (affirmative action, the civil rights act, equity-oriented hiring strategies) are creating poor outcomes for people of color (teaching them that they don't have self-efficacy and that they are perpetual victims) - is all critical race theory.

Now, a lot of people will invoke no-true-scotsman type fallacies and try to create more rigid definitions of their ideal vision of the outcomes of crt, but the act of engaging in a critical examination of how the intersections of societal narratives, laws, and institutions impact poc is literally all critical race theory. By engaging is this debate you are engaging in the practice of crt.

The reason why crt is more appropriate in college curricula is that it is extremely difficult to spend the time in a public school to work your way through the critical examinations of the intersections of social factors, history, and law on individuals and populations.

Finally, I will admit I do not pay much attention to the cases that find their way to national media regarding CRT, so I have absolutely no background in what is happening in Loudon County Virginia. Especially after I've seen so many facts distorted in the transition from classroom to media outlet first-hand, I don't find it interesting or useful to try to piece together what is happening in districts where I have no real vested interest. That being said, I do not doubt for an instance that shitty teachers are crudely and disastrously implementing poorly thought out units that emphasize race around the country. I will always attribute that to shitty/inconsistent standards in training, professional development, and compensation among public school teachers in this country. You pay teachers more and pay more for professional development, and you get fewer instances of shitty teachers who try to engage with poorly thought out political agendas in the classroom.

tldr - John McWhorter actively does CRT, and you get better teachers and school districts with more investment in education.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3783 on: June 19, 2021, 02:02:18 PM »
Dude. Tailgate. This year.

Definitely under consideration

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3784 on: June 25, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »
Chauvin got 22 and a half years for the murder of George Floyd.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3785 on: June 25, 2021, 05:01:31 PM »
Chauvin got 22 and a half years for the murder of George Floyd.

Let's be honest dude ain't leaving prison alive

So I don't think it matters too much what the sentence is.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3786 on: June 25, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »
22.5 years?  Meaning this 45 year old son of a bitch could conceivably be eligible for 'good behavior' parole when he's 56?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3787 on: June 25, 2021, 05:46:07 PM »
22.5 years?  Meaning this 45 year old son of a bitch could conceivably be eligible for 'good behavior' parole when he's 56?

Yes.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3788 on: June 26, 2021, 01:38:11 PM »
So all of a sudden we shouldn't be letting murderers out of prison earlier?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3789 on: June 26, 2021, 02:32:00 PM »
So all of a sudden we shouldn't be letting murderers out of prison earlier?
Honest question.  How often do murderers get parole in their first try?  I have no idea.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3790 on: June 26, 2021, 03:31:05 PM »
Let's be honest dude ain't leaving prison alive

So I don't think it matters too much what the sentence is.

Chauvin will never set foot in general pop
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3791 on: June 26, 2021, 03:55:42 PM »
Chauvin will never set foot in general pop

Even if he ends up in some fancy special prison, I imagine he has a huge target on his back.

And if they basically hide him in some kinds bubble/solitary kinda thing I think the odds of him doing it himself drastically go up (I have to imagine the odds of that happening are already extreme)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3792 on: June 26, 2021, 04:42:00 PM »
Even if he ends up in some fancy special prison, I imagine he has a huge target on his back.

And if they basically hide him in some kinds bubble/solitary kinda thing I think the odds of him doing it himself drastically go up (I have to imagine the odds of that happening are already extreme)

If only there was something in between Gen Pop and solitary where high profile prisoners who are at a greater risk of serious bodily harm or death could be assigned while serving there sentence. It's a shame that multiple prison systems haven't already thought of that.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3793 on: June 26, 2021, 06:09:17 PM »
If only there was something in between Gen Pop and solitary where high profile prisoners who are at a greater risk of serious bodily harm or death could be assigned while serving there sentence. It's a shame that multiple prison systems haven't already thought of that.
They should sentence him to being a Jets fan.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3794 on: June 26, 2021, 06:29:36 PM »

Regardless this man has been painted as the biggest villan to Americans since probably freaking Hitler. This dude went from living a presumably ordinary shitty life, to complete hell for what had transpired.

You'd have to think the olds are overwhelming he will attempt something