Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 353569 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
I got into a debate about Sharpton last week. They kept telling me he "raises awareness". I think mass media and social media are doing a fine job of that on their own.

The Ice Bucket Challenge raises more awareness than Al Sharpton
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 12:00:20 PM »
I got into a debate about Sharpton last week. They kept telling me he "raises awareness". I think mass media and social media are doing a fine job of that on their own.
Anyone who thinks sharpton is a positive force is either a freaking retard or a racist

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are self promoting racist scumbags.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
This entire situation is insane. The lone "star witness" has yet to be interviewed by the police. The cops are in full riot gear (there are US military veterans who are saying these cops are outfitted better than they were in Afghanistan). The police are telling anyone with a camera to stop filming. There is a no-fly zone over the area right now. The cops are chasing out the media, even going so far as to arrest them.

Then again, they arrested a city councilperson yesterday too. What the hell, arrest everyone!

My favorite part of the story so far is the cop with the bullhorn telling people that their right to assemble wasn't being violated...from the top of a mine-resistant tank.

A mine-resistant tank.

On an American street.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:30:13 PM by Badger »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 04:37:37 PM »
Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are self promoting racist scumbags.
Tawana Brawley and Hymietown?

You don't say?

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 06:50:50 PM »
The police have reacted to this situation in exactly the worst possible way, barring them shooting and killing another unarmed civilian. It's pretty easy to not look like violent crazy assholes, and to make looters look terrible. But instead they show up in ridiculous outfits, poiting weapons at civilians with their fingers on their triggers, shoot rubber bullets at female pastors praying for peace, arrest journalists and fire tear gas at journalists. Their credibility is completely destroyed - regardless of the details of the case, they've fucked things up for themselves and painted huge targets on their backs.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »
There is video surveillance of Mike Brown robbing a gas station.  It was a strong-armed robbery, so still no weapon...but if it turns out to be Brown, then this was not an innocent teen. 

Also, Anonymous outed the wrong officer. 

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 10:53:30 AM »
There is video surveillance of Mike Brown robbing a gas station.  It was a strong-armed robbery, so still no weapon...but if it turns out to be Brown, then this was not an innocent teen. 

Also, Anonymous outed the wrong officer.

so he should be shot with his hands up for stealing a pack of Swisher Sweets?

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »
i also find it funny it took them that long to release simple info such as that the officer was responding to a robbery report. "fits the description" still bullshit either way you cut it.

you apprehend criminals, not finish the job by snuffing them in broad daylight while they surrender after being shot.

and even if this isnt the case people thought itd be, you can spend a whole day online watching footage of cops abusing their power, the time for an actual dialogue is now.

the shortest point i can make is you cant absolve the white power structure this country operates on, and you cant absolve the black communities responsibility to its youth to make the extra effort to overcome the previous point.

otherwise this excrement just continues, and the biggest and most important point is, there needs to be a serious overhaul of law enforcement. a small suburb in Missouri turned into what is a shade below martial law.

these are just emotions, ive drained myself in discussions since this happened so maybe i can make a more precise post later.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »
Criminals usually commit crimes

I doubt this criminal was going door to door preaching the gospel when he got shot

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »

I didn't say that.  He was a suspect in a crime, and potentially not some innocent kid walking down the street minding his own business.

The police officer did not handle this the right way at all, but if Brown punched him in the face during a possible arrest, he had every right to pull his firearm.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:08:57 AM by Heismanberg »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 11:06:46 AM »
Criminals usually commit crimes

I doubt this criminal was going door to door preaching the gospel when he got shot

your a moron. im not even going to elaborate on your complete absence of logic

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 11:08:14 AM »
i also find it funny it took them that long to release simple info such as that the officer was responding to a robbery report. "fits the description" still bullshit either way you cut it.

No, it's not.  There's video surveillance of someone that fits his description intimidating a gas station clerk to steal cigars. 

If it's not Brown on that surveillance footage, then all hell should break loose.  But if it is, the whole "innocent, future college student" bullshit needs to stop too. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »
your a moron. im not even going to elaborate on your complete absence of logic
Criminals committing crimes is illogical?

There were reports that he was assaulting a police officer (who was at a hospital with a swollen face after the incident)

Now the details are yet to come out, and it's certainly possible he shouldn't have been shot.

But it sound extremely probable that this wasn't a good person