Author Topic: David Wilson told not to play football again  (Read 2930 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
David Wilson told not to play football again
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:05:40 PM »
Team doctors have said that he can't play again with his neck in the state it is, he will presumably retire now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/david-wilson-i-lived-my-dream/
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: David Wilson told not to play football again
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »
Sucks kinda

I mean he's still gonna walk away from this with minor chronic pain future arthritis and over ten million dollars

I think it doesn't sound too awful

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
I would rather be in the financial state I am in then have to deal with that neck and spine excrement. It's a deal but it ain't a great deal.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »
I would rather be in the financial state I am in then have to deal with that neck and spine excrement. It's a deal but it ain't a great deal.

It doesnt sound particularly bad, I mean the article mentions that he needs no further surgery or treatment.

Hell Jarvis Jones has spinal stenosis (which basically is what they said Wilson has basically)

Im sure in 15-30 years it might be an increasing problem (like all sports injuries end up biting ya when youre older) but it sounds a far cry from the guy being legitimately crippled.

After all he was able to participate in NFL camps/practices recently, so how bad shape can he really be in

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:02:38 PM »
Giants have officially waived him with injury designation.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »
He won't know the extent of the injury for years.  Most NFL players develop issues years after playing, many to the extent of permanent disability after a largely or entirely injury free career.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 12:30:34 AM »
He won't know the extent of the injury for years.  Most NFL players develop issues years after playing, many to the extent of permanent disability after a largely or entirely injury free career.

Thank you. I see disabling pain every day and let me tell you all the freaking money in the world doesn't make it any better. Wilson maybe "ok" but I would rather not have to deal with that spine excrement. Double freak that

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:09 AM »

After all he was able to participate in NFL camps/practices recently, so how bad shape can he really be in

I am going to regret this but freak it......

How long was he in camp after the spinal fusion? A day? Oh yeah he was in perfect shape.

I know you're going to argue this because that's what you do, but you can have two hundred million dollars but if you don't have your health you don't have excrement.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 05:07:10 AM »
I am going to regret this but freak it......

How long was he in camp after the spinal fusion? A day? Oh yeah he was in perfect shape.

I know you're going to argue this because that's what you do, but you can have two hundred million dollars but if you don't have your health you don't have excrement.
I agree with what your saying

But what I'm saying is his health major issue?

It sounded like he was moreso at increased risk for future injury, than actually currently disabled/crippled

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 07:41:55 AM »
I agree with what your saying

But what I'm saying is his health major issue?

It sounded like he was moreso at increased risk for future injury, than actually currently disabled/crippled

You don't know though that's my point, his spinal column can shrink (stenosis), he can have immense pain later on in life because a good portion of nerves are concentrated in the spine, disk problems, that fact that fusion limits mobility and movement.

There's a guy in the cubicle next to me that had complications (His surgeon is on of the top 3 in the country, 99% success rate) from that surgery, he has to go to hyperbaric chambers, chiropractors, homepathic places etc. and he is in pain constantly and his problems are a good deal less serious than Wilson, his wasn't from injury it was just the stenosis.

Why open yourself up to that possibility, it isn't worth it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:43:33 AM by Miamipuck »

Tags: giants