Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 155001 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #990 on: August 23, 2019, 12:29:34 PM »
Could it be that the Giants actually hit on this draft pick and will make everyone else the laughing stock?

You say everyone, but it's useful to remember that some on this board are not bad at watching football and don't just go along with the zeitgeist:

Daniel Jones is a good prospect.  he was overdrafted though. I saw him going to the Giants at 17 . not 6. I dont see him as a human trashcan that people seem to think he is though lol

Daniel Jones playing for Duke at 1:30 today has a chance to be QB2.

Daniel Jones could end up being QB1 with a great showing today and a strong whiteboard showing in meeting's at the combine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #991 on: August 23, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »
You say everyone, but it's useful to remember that some on this board are not bad at watching football and don't just go along with the zeitgeist:
You mean like how you joined the Gase pitchfork party 5 mins after his hiring?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #992 on: August 23, 2019, 02:31:10 PM »
You mean like how you joined the Gase pitchfork party 5 mins after his hiring?

To be fair, I was in the Gase pitchfork party before he was hired, and I'm broadly still there until I see a reason not to be. You left it five minutes after his hiring, sprinted to the fence in the middle, briefly teetered on the top proclaiming indifference, then dived headlong into the cheerleader party on the other side.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #993 on: August 23, 2019, 04:44:18 PM »
To be fair, I was in the Gase pitchfork party before he was hired, and I'm broadly still there until I see a reason not to be. You left it five minutes after his hiring, sprinted to the fence in the middle, briefly teetered on the top proclaiming indifference, then dived headlong into the cheerleader party on the other side.
I started supporting the hire 3 days after he was hired and giving it some thought....but tell yourself whatever helps you sleep at night.

I think you should sit on your pitchfork
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #994 on: August 23, 2019, 04:57:28 PM »
Perpetual sunshiner here.  I was opposed to the hire until he was hired.  Then I immediately started trying to find an excuse to like him because I'm usually wrong anyway and so I could feel good about the future instead of being like Seafood.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #995 on: August 23, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
Perpetual sunshiner here.  I was opposed to the hire until he was hired.  Then I immediately started trying to find an excuse to like him because I'm usually wrong anyway and so I could feel good about the future instead of being like Seafood.
That's exactly what MB did. You're just honest with yourself.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #996 on: August 23, 2019, 07:02:38 PM »
That's exactly what MB did. You're just honest with yourself.
You are wrong

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #997 on: August 23, 2019, 07:40:37 PM »
You are wrong
Are you saying that he's not honest, or that that's not what you did? Because the evidence is all here and you know I'm petty enough to dig it up if you make me. And I also have the ability to see if you're petty enough to delete it.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #998 on: August 23, 2019, 07:46:06 PM »
Are you saying that he's not honest, or that that's not what you did? Because the evidence is all here and you know I'm petty enough to dig it up if you make me. And I also have the ability to see if you're petty enough to delete it.
I’m unstable enough to delete the whole database....wanna roll the dice?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #999 on: August 23, 2019, 08:10:33 PM »
Haha. All right Donald, you do have the nuclear option.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1000 on: August 23, 2019, 08:48:32 PM »
See u on the other side

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1001 on: August 24, 2019, 11:09:33 PM »
As long as the Giants didn't draft a complete fuckwit (see: Smith, Geno) there was a chance whoever they drafted would turn out okay. Whether you believe Eli is completely done or not, the Giants can stick with him just based on reputation, giving whoever they draft time to grow.

And I still think they made the right decision last year with Barkley. Sure, Darnold would've been a ridiculous star for them, but Barkley was worth the skip, which is further justified if Jones works out.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1002 on: August 24, 2019, 11:19:34 PM »
As long as the Giants didn't draft a complete fuckwit (see: Smith, Geno) there was a chance whoever they drafted would turn out okay. Whether you believe Eli is completely done or not, the Giants can stick with him just based on reputation, giving whoever they draft time to grow.

And I still think they made the right decision last year with Barkley. Sure, Darnold would've been a ridiculous star for them, but Barkley was worth the skip, which is further justified if Jones works out.

Even if Jones and Barkley pan out, I don't see how you can say the giants made the right decision, unless their scouting reports somehow said Darnold was a bsut

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1003 on: August 24, 2019, 11:38:10 PM »
Even if Jones and Barkley pan out, I don't see how you can say the giants made the right decision, unless their scouting reports somehow said Darnold was a bsut

As I said at the time Barkley was drafted, Eli was still the starter, so the Barkley pick was a last-ditch effort to win with Manning. Obviously, that didn't work out, but it's what I'd have done in that position.

And if Jones pans out, they got extremely lucky. Sometimes that's how things work out. More power to them.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1004 on: August 25, 2019, 10:13:56 AM »
i don't know if the criticism was really about jones being a reach; i think a lot of it was general feelings that the giants could have taken a pass rusher at 6, and then still ended up with jones at 17. i don't really like that argument. that high up, if there is a guy you are in love with at QB you take him as soon as you can, and don't get hung over trying to wait out the value of another 5-10 spots.

Tags: