Author Topic: Beyond: Two Souls  (Read 4996 times)

Scruggy

• Eric Smith
  • I can't stop thinking about Terence Trent D'Arby
Re: Beyond: Two Souls
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 07:30:14 AM »
I hear there's bewbz in it. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 07:04:38 AM »
Just finished it. Tons of fun, and the ending after it all is freaking sweet. Can't wait to work back through the game and try and recoup some of he other endings and trophies.

Honestly, this rivals last of us for the best gaming experience I've ever had. I can't believe that one of those two games will not win GOTY despite being PS3 exclusives.
Need a new one for a new board...

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 11:23:09 AM »
This game sucked, which is disappointing. I had high hopes for it as I would include Heavy Rain as one of the best games I've ever played, but this just didn't capture it. The jumping timeline didn't work and IMO the only reason they made it like this was that the story wouldn't have been that interesting if they made it linear.

Just finished it yesterday and don't see myself coming back to this. With Heavy Rain I finished it three or four times separately and went also for every ending. With Beyond, I'm probably gonna take it back to the store next week.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »
This game sucked, which is disappointing. I had high hopes for it as I would include Heavy Rain as one of the best games I've ever played, but this just didn't capture it. The jumping timeline didn't work and IMO the only reason they made it like this was that the story wouldn't have been that interesting if they made it linear.

Just finished it yesterday and don't see myself coming back to this. With Heavy Rain I finished it three or four times separately and went also for every ending. With Beyond, I'm probably gonna take it back to the store next week.

Get the freak out.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 12:35:31 PM »
Get the freak out.

I would agree with this. Get the freak out.

Although I do agree with his reason for the jumping timeline. It made the intrigue much more interesting than if you went straight through. The many instances as a little girl were the slowest parts, but they were integral to the storyline. But I thoguht the jumping worked and always kept you on your toes. It made me embrace the challenge of keeping the story straight to figure out where the next segment fell into place in the story.

Based on the post epilogue stuff, I'm expected a second game, and weirdly it felt like an Infamous style set-up for those that played that series. Seeing that piece made me wonder if that's the super secret PS4 game David Cage and Quantic Dream are working on
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:38:55 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 02:43:06 PM »
Just my opinion. Also forgot to include that I hated some of the action sequences and controls. Like the whole CIA final test or the CIA mission in Africa. The controls were awkward and IMO sloppily made and implemented, and didn't fit at all with the rest of the game and its controls. Dunno what the developers were thinking as I can't recall Heavy Rain having such.

Tags: