Author Topic: Biggest competitions on the roster?  (Read 3715 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Biggest competitions on the roster?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 11:41:04 AM »
^^ Alio, I disagree with the first part.  The only starting positions that aren't set are LG, corner #2, FB ( if you count that as a starting position) and safety #2.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »
Who's threatening to usurp David Harris?

Steele Divitto
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 11:42:46 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 11:43:52 AM »
He sounds like Vin Diesel's partner in a shitty cop movie.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
^^ Alio, I disagree with the first part.  The only starting positions that aren't set are LG, corner #2, FB ( if you count that as a starting position) and safety #2.

I don't think that TE, flanker WR, and DE/OLB are set. 

Amaro vs. Cumberland vs. Sudfeld
Hill vs. Nelson
Pace vs. Babin

Jeremy Kerley needs to be in the slot.  I don't have any issues with him playing outside, but he helps us the most in the slot.  Hill/Nelson need to play outside to create size mismatches. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »

Hill vs. Nelson
Pace vs. Babin

Jeremy Kerley needs to be in the slot.  I don't have any issues with him playing outside, but he helps us the most in the slot.  Hill/Nelson need to play outside to create size mismatches.
I figured Babin would be there mostly on third down and Cumberland isn't going to be jumped by Sudfeld.  Amaro is looking overwhelmed apparently so far.  I forgot about Hill/Nelson.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:48:20 AM by bojanglesman »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 11:50:09 AM »
Who's threatening to usurp David Harris?

Ah, good call. He honestly just slipped my mind. He wins his job by default simply due to lack of competition.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »

Hill vs. Nelson
Pace vs. Babin

I agree about the WR position, especially Kerley. The key thing is, if the combination of guys competing for the spot doesn't show enough, he could wind up higher, which would mean disaster for the offense overall.

I just looked at the roster on the Jets website. We have a truckload of guys listed at receiver:

Campbell
Decker
Enunwa
Evans
Ford
Gates
Hakim
Hill
Kerley
Nelson
Salas
Saunders

Personally, I'd love for Hill and Nelson to break out and give us a core of Decker, Hill, Nelson, Kerley to pair with options like Cumberland/Amaro/Sudfeld and CJ out of the backfield.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
which would mean disaster for the offense overall.

I wouldn't call it a disaster.  Last year was a disaster of sorts.  If Kerley is starting outside, then we just won't be able to get the most out of the passing game. 

The passing game should still be much improved and functional if Geno Smith gets his head out of his derriere this preseason.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »
I wouldn't call it a disaster.  Last year was a disaster of sorts.  If Kerley is starting outside, then we just won't be able to get the most out of the passing game. 

The passing game should still be much improved and functional if Geno Smith gets his head out of his derriere this preseason.

The reason I call it a disaster is because it means not a single guy from that entire stable was able to prove himself a legitimate outside receiver, thereby shifting Kerley out of the position he is better suited to play. It's not that Kerley would be bad on the outside, it's that it would mean everyone who isn't Decker or Kerley is hot garbage.

Tags: