Author Topic: Malaysian airliner crashes in Ukraine near Russian border, possibly shot down  (Read 8514 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Ukrainian political sources are saying it was shot down, which suggests it was Russian or at least pro-Russian forces who did it if indeed that is what happened.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Oday Aboushi @Oday_Aboushi75 
#SHAMEONYOUISRAEL

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
#SHAMEONYOUISRAEL
lmao

Topic:

Thanks Putin, you got what you wanted you freaking scumbag. I hope you drop dead from a heart attack.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:55:47 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ons

• Chad Pennington
Ukrainian political sources are saying it was shot down, which suggests it was Russian or at least pro-Russian forces who did it if indeed that is what happened.

Update - Ukrainian Interior Ministry adviser says missile that reportedly brought down Malaysia plane was fired by separatists

- https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak

Pro-Russian seperatist insurgents have recently claimed a number of take-downs of military aircraft.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
What's worse? If Malaysia crashed another plane and the separatists took credit, or if they actually managed to shoot down a plane full of civilian

Edit: sounds like they confirmed it was shot down.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:39:49 AM by Badger »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
What's worse? If Malaysia crashed another plane and the separatists took credit, or if they actually managed to shoot down a plane full of civilians?

An actual shooting down. The reports I'm reading are that the plane was over 30,000 feet up. As a non-military guy, I'm pretty horrified that a non-first-world military has strong enough targeting to take down an airliner 30k feet in the air from the ground.

Other flights are now being diverted around Ukraine.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
A flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur carrying nearly 300 people is probably going to have a fair mix of nationalities. This could get ugly.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
An actual shooting down. The reports I'm reading are that the plane was over 30,000 feet up. As a non-military guy, I'm pretty horrified that a non-first-world military has strong enough targeting to take down an airliner 30k feet in the air from the ground.

Other flights are now being diverted around Ukraine.

They were supplied state of the art SAM missile launchers for freak sake they have been taking down military jets. A civilian airline is a piece of cake.

Putin has kept those separatist assholes well supplied, they're Russian trained and Russian supplied.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:56:45 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.

They were supplied state of the art SAM missile launchers for freak sake they have been taking down military jets. A civilian airline is a piece of cake.

Putin has kept those separatist assholes well supplied, they're Russian trained and Russian supplied.

Maybe I was unclear the way I wrote it. It's pretty disturbing that a group that isn't actually a country is being given targeting technology that allows them to shoot aircraft out of the sky 5+ miles in the air.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
There's a reason that actual militaries use things like IFF. Putin's deep in the excrement now.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
lololololololololol
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

#SHAMEONYOUISRAEL

If Israel had fired the rocket, Tommy would justify it as collateral damage.

ons

• Chad Pennington
Donetsk separatist boss Strelkov, Kremlin's proxy in war, says he ordered shootdown thinking plane was Ukrainian https://t.co/uaWKVlsA7q
Strobe Talbott (@strobetalbott) July 17, 2014

Spoke to Ukraine separatist leader Tsarev. Says they don't have the weapons to take down #MH17. Hung up when asked about their BUK missiles—
Simon Shuster (@shustry) July 17, 2014

A flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur carrying nearly 300 people is probably going to have a fair mix of nationalities. This could get ugly.

Yeah, best case there are only a few citizens from a couple European democracies. The weaponry (and the knowledge of how to use it) has to come from Russia, people are going to be pissed off and Russia isn't known for acting level-headed when people are accusing them of this kind of excrement. Could get all kinds of ugly - hopefully it serves as a catalyst for peace talks and Russia deescalating its presence in the region, but I'm not too optimistic.

Tags: oh shit