Author Topic: Jets best and worst contract - OTC  (Read 1701 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Jets best and worst contract - OTC
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »
Jason at overthecap.com put out his best and worst contracts for the Jets today.  I'm not sure if this is intended to be based on their value at the current time or overall.  Some contracts may have been shitty to start with, but not so terrible now or vice versa.

Players still on rookie contracts weren't included because the amounts were predetermined/slotted.

http://overthecap.com/best-worst-contracts-2014-new-york-jets/

I would probably say that Brick's contract is a close second to the worst at this time.  He has the 4th highest cap # for a LT, and I don't think anyone would consider him near that level anymore.  It's not so much because of his original contract, but the fact that it's been restructured so much to gain cap space in the Tanny days.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:18:40 AM by Badger »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Jets best and worst contract - OTC
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:19:15 AM »
I really don't remember Brick doing much restructuring.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:51:54 AM »
Take into account Brick's other attributes and his contract isn't so bad. He hasn't missed one game since 2006, how can you quibble with a few extra million. He is a plug and play guy and for the most part forget about him type of player, most teams would kill for a guy like that. Trust me when he is gone people are going to be saying, "I wish we had Brick" for a long while.

Edit: I used quibble 2 times in a sentence today.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:57:01 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:59:19 AM »
I really don't remember Brick doing much restructuring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdown-corner/jets-clear-over-5-5-million-cap-space-190133947.html

Restructured last year and the year before.

Tags: jets quibble