Author Topic: 2013 NFL injuries  (Read 35416 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: 2013 NFL injuries
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 11:27:27 PM »
and with all our cap space we won't be able to get a guy better than calvin pace and/or barnes like talent?

We don't need elite talent there with the way our d line is. Our back end needs a play making safety. Allen is coming a long nicely but you get a ball hawk on the back end and this defense will be scary everywhere

An elite safety cost 6 million a year, a mediocre olb is about the same

Might as well just grab an elite safety in FA then and draft an OLB

(not to mention, its not like well just find an elite safety in the latter half of the 2nd round)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:46:58 PM by dcm1602 »

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 01:31:13 AM »
An elite safety cost 6 million a year, a mediocre olb is about the same

(not to mention, its not like well just find an elite safety in the latter half of the 2nd round)

How's the FA safety class looking this off season?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 01:52:41 AM »
How's the FA safety class looking this off season?

Jarius Byrd is probably a prime and best candidate (after all he gonna be playnig this year practically in Rex's knockoff defense in Buffallo )
Donte Whitner
Pollard
Meriweather

Then guys who are on overpaid on their current contracts that could get cut loose

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:27 AM »

Jaguars FS Dwight Lowery (IR, concussion) will be released once he's medically cleared.
Lowery has started 20 games over the past two seasons, including the first three of this year. But the Jags would rather just move on and roll with Josh Evans next to fellow rookie Johnathan Cyprien.

Add another FA safety to the list

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Makes sense on so many levels, played with Dawan, played with Rex, and would be cheap

Also wouldnt count against compensatory draft picks (assuming Idzik intends on taking that road again) since he will be cut

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
Speaking of safeties LaRon Landry is questionable to miss his 4th game in a row

Guys an absolutely freaking awesome player, but no way in the world is he worth the money he got

Idzik wins

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 10:48:24 AM »

Let's continue to draft only defensive players high, because that worked out so well for our young QB the first time around...

We won't find an elite safety in free agency either.

FTR, Jairus Byrd was a second pick. 

Bernard Pollard and Brandon Meriweather are bad. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »
Let's continue to draft only defensive players high, because that worked out so well for our young QB the first time around...

We won't find an elite safety in free agency either.

FTR, Jairus Byrd was a second pick. 

Bernard Pollard and Brandon Meriweather are bad. 

I clearly am not advocating that the Jets focus on drafting defensive players high, and was against  us drafting a safety in the 2nd.

I definitely wrote just above that at least 3 of our first 4 picks (first 3 rounds) should be offense, with at LEAST 1 wr + 1 te minimum

And I dont think those guys are good, but they beat drafting a safety in the 2nd round.

Also look at the safeties drafted in either the 2nd or 3rd round over the last 5 years

I think at least 80% of them are bad

The best ones taken then were Ward and Nate Allen who both were extremely early 2nds

Im saying focusing on offense, partically wr/te is a far more urgent need than safety.

and OLB is also a bigger need than safety imo
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:30:33 AM by dcm1602 »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »
Speaking of safeties LaRon Landry is questionable to miss his 4th game in a row

Guys an absolutely freaking awesome player, but no way in the world is he worth the money he got

Hey JE what's your opinion here?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
And I dont think those guys are good, but they beat drafting a safety in the 2nd round.

How is signing one of those aging, mediocre stop-gaps better than finding a potential longterm starter at the position in the draft?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2013, 12:04:54 PM »
How is signing one of those aging, mediocre stop-gaps better than finding a potential longterm starter at the position in the draft?

Its not

But draft picks are limited

We could sign a stopgap at WR, or maybe build Winslow a new knee and draft a safety instead.

But you said it yourself, this team has neglected offense while stacking the defense with talent

Well now its time to focus on the offense

And I dont think Merriweather or Pollard are ideal options

He asked who were the free agents.

Splurging on someone like Byrd (assuming he doesnt want like 8 million a year) then drafting wrs/tes + an og/olb would be my ideal scenario

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 12:41:36 PM »
We have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. Using a 2nd rounder one of the better safety prospects doesn't mean we can't spend the other 3 picks on offensive players.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
Jets arent drafting a safety in the first 2 rounds

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
Jets arent drafting a safety in the first 2 rounds

Well, I didn't think they'd draft a DL in the first round.....

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 12:48:55 AM »

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/10/10/source-serious-concern-over-tom-gill-surgery-on-rob-gronkowski/

Sounds like Gronk is far from in the clear

Per "multiple sources with direct knowledge" of the situation, Gronk's initial arm break would have healed without surgery, but the sides opted to go under the knife to speed his return. The setbacks that have followed since are common knowledge, but WEEI reports there remains "serious" concern about the "integrity of the bone where the implement was placed and the surrounding nerves." It's unclear how much of that concern was alleviated by Dr. James Andrews' recent clearance. Gronk is still expected to make his 2013 debut this weekend.

Guess the rest of this season should tell us a ton about Gronks future, and whether this is a gonna be a serious long term issue

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2013, 07:33:31 AM »
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/10/10/source-serious-concern-over-tom-gill-surgery-on-rob-gronkowski/

Sounds like Gronk is far from in the clear

Guess the rest of this season should tell us a ton about Gronks future, and whether this is a gonna be a serious long term issue

This isn't the first time a player has had problems with the Pats docs, Brady for one had problems as well.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: