Author Topic: 2014 Friar's Club  (Read 183507 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2014 Friar's Club
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 08:41:47 AM »
I'm not going to lie, the thought of Pope and Soss in this league together has a WWE style intrigue.

i like a good rivalry.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 10:46:24 AM »

When are keepers due by?

The day draft order is drawn.  It'll be up to a week before the draft, but will likely be immediately following the 3rd preseason games.  I'll get a timeline set up.  Again, it'll go keepers, draft order drawn, then draft around a week later.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »
Here's who I have for this year:

IJR
MBGreen
Miamipuck (Jumbo)
Heismanberg
Fenwyr
Klax
Mack
JFIF
Theo

Unsure:
UKK (Waiting for confirmation on this too.  Haven't seen him around in a while.)
Vorryan (going back and forth on this one)

Out:
That dude who isn't even on here

Once I have confirmation on the uncertainties, I'll roll through new owners and let them choose teams.

EDIT:  Just saw Theo (Nope) reaffirming.  He was around a lot during the WC and explained the absence.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:05:10 AM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
I thought Andrew Ryan is in.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »
I thought Andrew Ryan is in.

The guy appears for like a day and then disappears for 6 months.  We've got more active members who want in.  The goal has always been to keep the league stocked with really active members.  That's why UKK is a BIG question mark.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »
The guy appears for like a day and then disappears for 6 months.  We've got more active members who want in.  The goal has always been to keep the league stocked with really active members.  That's why UKK is a BIG question mark.

That's true, but he has been in since the beginning, at least wait for him to respond he does have 3-400 posts.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 11:05:35 AM »
That's true, but he has been in since the beginning, at least wait for him to respond he does have 3-400 posts.

You're right.  I edited the list.

He wasn't in from the beginning, but he's been in for the past two seasons, which is tenure for us lol

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2014, 11:46:13 AM »
You're right.  I edited the list.

He wasn't in from the beginning, but he's been in for the past two seasons, which is tenure for us lol

Hahahah true, I thought he was a founding member.

klaximilian

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »
The day draft order is drawn.  It'll be up to a week before the draft, but will likely be immediately following the 3rd preseason games.  I'll get a timeline set up.  Again, it'll go keepers, draft order drawn, then draft around a week later.

Good deal. I have a draft on Aug 22nd, so if we could avoid that day it would be great.

I'm ready to lead the league is scoring yet again, only to get bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. Fun times.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

Good deal. I have a draft on Aug 22nd, so if we could avoid that day it would be great.

I'm ready to lead the league is scoring yet again, only to get bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. Fun times.

That won't be a problem.  The third week of the preseason ends August 24.  I don't want to draft before that.  The following week is best if we can set a date everyone can make.  I know people aren't into a Labor Day weekend draft.  As always, there will be an exemption for keepers who are injured (they can be replaced after Week 3), but I think Monday the 18th will be the due date, depending on when we schedule the draft.  That gives a week for people to try to make trades once the draft lottery has been conducted.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »
And again, that means MONDAY AUGUST 18TH BY MIDNIGHT EASTERN your keepers are due.  Best thing to do is list three you may want to keep and then realize you can change them until that date.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 06:58:51 PM »
I can't draft on Thursdays or Fridays after August 21st. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
Peyton Manning (3rd round keeper)on the block.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 10:43:15 PM »
Philip Rivers is available.  Keepable for pick used in the final round.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »
Jamaal Charles on the block