Author Topic: lolLions  (Read 25454 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: lolLions
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2020, 12:01:01 PM »
Former players still putting the boot in on Patricia.

https://detroitsportsnation.com/former-lions-s-glover-quin-puts-arrogant-matt-patricia-blast/apowell/detroit-lions-news/04/16/2020/224140/

People are about to find out that the most important component of The Patriot Way is tripping over a GOAT quarterback in the 6th round. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2020, 12:07:10 AM »
I’m really interested to see how Belichick does it this season. He took Matt Cassell to 11 wins.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2020, 07:08:38 AM »
I’m really interested to see how Belichick does it this season. He took Matt Cassell to 11 wins.

That was also coming off the heels of perhaps the most talented team in NFL history that went 18-0 and while they didn’t win the super bowl, that doesn’t stop them from being the most talented ever.

Sure that te wasn’t going to be as good the next year, but it was still only one year removed from the best team assembled in the last 30 years. Cassel did a lot of good things for them that season, and Hoodie did a lot as well. But that team was extremely talented. Let’s not pretend Bellicheck and Cassel piloted the 1996 Jets to 11-5 and a playoff berth that year.

I fully expect the Patriots with even below average QB play to compete for a division title this year. But they are cap strapped and after this season when they go 8-8 or worse, the mystique of the Patriots will fall away and they will fall apart, provides they don’t luck into another great QB in the next couple of drafts
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2020, 09:38:02 AM »
That was also coming off the heels of perhaps the most talented team in NFL history that went 18-0 and while they didn’t win the super bowl, that doesn’t stop them from being the most talented ever.

Sure that te wasn’t going to be as good the next year, but it was still only one year removed from the best team assembled in the last 30 years. Cassel did a lot of good things for them that season, and Hoodie did a lot as well. But that team was extremely talented. Let’s not pretend Bellicheck and Cassel piloted the 1996 Jets to 11-5 and a playoff berth that year.

I fully expect the Patriots with even below average QB play to compete for a division title this year. But they are cap strapped and after this season when they go 8-8 or worse, the mystique of the Patriots will fall away and they will fall apart, provides they don’t luck into another great QB in the next couple of drafts

I would think (and hope) that if they have a couple bad years, or not what they're used to, Belichick will also bolt. Twenty years is a long time or an NFL coach in one place, it's a pretty short list--Landry, Shula, maybe missing one or two from way back.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2020, 12:37:15 PM »
The Lions top 3 cbs all have hamstring injuries

#Gase'd

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2020, 01:24:09 PM »
The Lions top 3 cbs all have hamstring injuries

#Gase'd
We don't have 3 CBs good enough to care about.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2020, 02:00:34 PM »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2020, 02:03:59 PM »
Yet another HC out on his derriere before Gase.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2020, 02:13:51 PM »
Lions fire Patricia and GM

don't freak this up on Black monday, Christopher Johnson. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2020, 02:28:28 PM »
Jets hire Matt Patricia as HC.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2020, 02:30:00 PM »
Jets hire Matt Patricia as HC.

No chance we'd do something so stupid. It will be Bill O'Brien as HC and Matt Patricia as DC.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2020, 03:02:04 PM »
No chance we'd do something so stupid. It will be Bill O'Brien as HC and Matt Patricia as DC.

Wrong. It'll be Gase as HC, O'Brien as OC and Patricia as DC

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2020, 03:04:01 PM »
Yet another HC out on his derriere before Gase.

Which is a freaking joke. As dysfunctional as the Lions are, they even see the writing on the wall, while are buffoon owners keep this bag of excrement around. I honestly believe it's a money thing. They don't want to fire him and have to pay him the remainder of the year

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2020, 03:18:07 PM »
No reason to fire Gase now.  That time was at the bye.  Let him commandeer the tank.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2020, 12:05:47 PM »
Lions cut their punter for calling his own fake punt yesterday.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: lions